It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Virus Blamed For Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Despite an overall slight decline in head and neck cancers in recent years, cases of a particular form called oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) have increased sharply, particularly in the developed world.

This growth seems to be linked to cancers caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), scientists said in a report in the British Medical Journal.

Source

Seems like another reason for companies to make money off vaccinations, perhaps? What is everyone's thoughts?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Just some info, YES it is a way for the pharmacies to make a buck, and heres why

HPV virus, and its associated viruses are present in the human body at all times, it manifests itself in many forms, and some of those are cancer.
HPV itself being a naturally occuring virus within the human body SHOULD be present. vaccinating against it is a mute point. In normal circumstances it pops up in women particularly after birth of a child or during puberty. In most cases it dies quickly, sloughs off, and is never seen or heard from again. Only in rare cases does it manifest into the form of cancer we all hear about.
The HPV vaccine has had very little testing done on it. It hasnt been in use long enough for the medical community to know if it works, and /or if it could cause long term problems for the intended recipients which are young girls from 12 to 15.

My own doctor wont even give the shot, nor will many others(that ought to tell us something). I speak from some experience with this since I developed the cancerous form when I had my daughter. when I asked the doctor what needed to be done, he said the cells needed to be frozen off, when I asked what if we didnt, he stated they would die and fall of in 3-6 months, but he thought it best to take care of them now.
I chose to let nature take its course, which it did, and there is no evidence of the cancerous virus after about 6 months, and it has never reappeared in 13 years. Needless to say the old Doc was just lookin for a fast buck, and needless to say I havent been back to that particular one.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rossa
Just some info, YES it is a way for the pharmacies to make a buck, and heres why

HPV virus, and its associated viruses are present in the human body at all times, it manifests itself in many forms, and some of those are cancer.
HPV itself being a naturally occuring virus within the human body SHOULD be present. vaccinating against it is a mute point. In normal circumstances it pops up in women particularly after birth of a child or during puberty. In most cases it dies quickly, sloughs off, and is never seen or heard from again. Only in rare cases does it manifest into the form of cancer we all hear about.
The HPV vaccine has had very little testing done on it. It hasnt been in use long enough for the medical community to know if it works, and /or if it could cause long term problems for the intended recipients which are young girls from 12 to 15.

My own doctor wont even give the shot, nor will many others(that ought to tell us something). I speak from some experience with this since I developed the cancerous form when I had my daughter. when I asked the doctor what needed to be done, he said the cells needed to be frozen off, when I asked what if we didnt, he stated they would die and fall of in 3-6 months, but he thought it best to take care of them now.
I chose to let nature take its course, which it did, and there is no evidence of the cancerous virus after about 6 months, and it has never reappeared in 13 years. Needless to say the old Doc was just lookin for a fast buck, and needless to say I havent been back to that particular one.

Everything in this post is patently false. HPV is not a "naturally occuring virus" that is part of our system. Many, many people never contract the virus in their entire life. The reason is seems to "co-exist" in the body for so long without causing harm is that is's life cycle features a long latency period, where the viral genome is integrated into the host's cellular genome. Then, when it is reactivated, the immune system destroys the actively infected cells, leading to the characteristic lesions.

As for cancer from HPV, this is entirely related to the fact that HPV's mechanism of latency is by genomic insertion. The insertion can cause oncogenes or tumor-suppressor genes to become disfunctional, and this can lead to oncogenesis an neoplasia.

new topics

join