It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Karma Just Kick My A**?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So, I'm a pretty decent person, who is normally nice and stuff. Except that sometimes if I'm annoyed at someone, I try to get my own back.
Well this time, it didn't go so well.

Basically, someone stole all the yogurhts out my fridge, sounds pathetic I know, but I knew who did it, I just didn't have proof (you know when you just know something, but you can't proove it?). So in result, I took something of that persons (only food) because I was snackish and felt I needed to get my own back.
But as I was walking up the stairs (to snack
) I fell and hit my knee quite badly, resulting in some blood and a lump.
But the Wierdest thing was as soon as I fell over, an overwhelming feeling came over me, and It wasn't guilt or anything like that, but it told me in some way that I should put back that which I stole immediatly. Which I did without the person ever knowing I had took it.

But that initial feeling was so strange because it wasn't so much an emotion but more like a command in my head telling me I fell as a punishment and I should put it back. And maybe this is telling me the person I believed stole my yoghurts (
) didn't actually do it.

This isn't the first time I've had things like this happen either. It's happened before on a much larger scale.

And this all ends up with me thinking that this was Karma.

I mean it's just a thought, but that feeling was very different and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had that feeling, that they were punished in some way by Karma (or something) for something bad they had done? And on that note do people even believe Karma excists or is it something else?

Or is this the thing about we all know what's Right and Wrong, and maybe Karma is just some way we subconsciously punish ourselves because we know we've done a blatent wrong?

Ohh, I don't know. It's open for debate...

[edit on 19 28uSunday10 20 by vanhippi]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Cute how YOU get walloped, while the person that stole goes happily on their way. Now I see why they say Karma is a B***h. She obviously IS one.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Haha, hopefully Karma has something in store for her too

Thats if she stole them

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Karma didn't kick your backside, you just tripped and fell.

Seriously though, you probably felt guilty for taking something that didn't belong to you and your conscience led you to do "the right thing" and put it back. Overall, you're the better person for it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right.
You should have waited for Karma to act upon the wrong-doer..instead you painted a bullseye on yourself.
Lesson learned?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
well i guess i should stop stealing your yogurts

on a serious note tho, it's better to have put back what you took, otherwise your just spreading the negativity, and it could be to an innocent person.

top topics

join