It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

halo and 9/11 coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
hey im putting this here again because im not sure if my last post was understood clearly. It was moved to video games...Halo yeah it came out two months after 9/11, it was in production way before then. It may not matter how or when it was produced but maybe what it did. some kind of connection. The covenant are religous extremist from space and you spend most of the game blasting them to bits. Closely in current events "terrorists" religous extremists here on earth have suddenly become public enemies number 1. There are probably more "coincidences" like this where some kind of subconscience effect is a probable product of some means..who knows?. But focusing on this halo was a cool game and alot of people played it without any real consideration of this speculation or along it lines.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollarfist
alot of people played it

It is a game

The covenant are religious extremist

Like in most games....this has nothing to do with 9/11

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah, i can't nor would I try to build a connection to Halo but another world wide game seems more to prone to conspiracy linking.

World of Warcraft...

The game is based off of regular Warcraft so the story line existed prior t 2000 or 9/11 ... but there are interesting connections be them funny little coincidences.

in 2004 the first installment was released that dealt with turmoil on the main land with different races and bosses.

The first expansion in 2006 was the burning crusade. Basically... there is an attack made by evil demons, the burning legion(terrorist) to the main land/world. They attempt to invade. Eventually you learn that the attack was made with the help of major key players existing within the main world and heroes (troops) are sent to kill the terrorist and big bad demons back in the demon home world(overseas). There are also allies that form with the main factions to help destroy these demons.

The second expansion, Wrath of the Lich King involves a reborn undead Prince taking over part of the main world and trying to create an army (the scourge) to try and control/wipe out the rest of life existing through the land. This expansion was released in 2008 and hilariously seems to link to Obama and evil tyrants systematically screwing us ... tee hee hee.

The next expansion returns in 2010 and conveniently named Cataclysm. Apparently we know the world is torn asunder by earthquakes and the elemental planes shift causing chaos through out the land. One of the factions of the game even seems to be having a political upheaval and . Interestingly enough, this year we are starting to see more earthquakes and hideous weather. Coincidentally (if you are a revelation believer) the entire Cataclysm is started by a dragon (death wing) which could root to the return of Satan. November 11th is supposedly the release date for this expansion.

For a game that does a hell of job controlling over 14 million people in the world, there seems to be a nice setup of foreshadowing and synchronicity occurring over time. It seemed cool to bring up.

/brainstorm

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Cross8712]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think you two need to watch the new episode of South Park(The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs)...and stop reading into thing that just aren't there

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dollarfist

As far as I see it, from an aspiring game designers pov, religous extremism is simply an easy way to motivate the story's enemy. I find when I'm designing my stories, I stay away from religion as much as possible, and that does include evolution.

top topics

join