It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's a good read but in this day and age of being able to log in from basically anywhere screams hoax.

I bet this is a psychology student -writing an incomplete story to gather reactions that range from acceptance to paranoia.

I REALLY hope this guy is credible or ATS is seriously going to have to re-evaluate posting guidelines. Hint: No posting a story such as this until the WHOLE thing can be posted AT THE SAME TIME.

I await more, but I'm not holding my breath. This story won't have an ending. Or at least an ending that will satisfy many here.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Demanding proof, accusing the OP of being a hoax, completely misconstruing what he claims to know (he never mentioned aliens), and utterly failing to show an ounce of respect for a complete stranger - does NOT further the discussion in any way, shape or form. I'm not embarrassed that some people are skeptical. I am too. What embarrasses me is the lack of decency shown - to a new member no less!
This post also applies to Mr Mask.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My problem is why tell us about Rich looking through all the different types of memory, not finding anything over and over again, instead of just telling us what he eventually found?

What it means and why it means that?

This could have been easily accomplished on one page and it would have given you enough time to have some dialogue with us about it.

In essence, get to the point faster than the speed of light, but intriguing stuff no less!

[edit on 29-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I really wanted to believe this guy until the cliffhanger ending, until that I thought it was a great and possibly true story, written well. But no more benefit of the doubt, it's just one of a million ats hoaxes.

NOT cool.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Why is this not in the gray area in the first place?

Oh well, before too long it will probably be moved to skunk works, or even the hoax section so I might as well not trip about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Demanding proof, accusing the OP of being a hoax, completely misconstruing what he claims to know (he never mentioned aliens), and utterly failing to show an ounce of respect for a complete stranger - does NOT further the discussion in any way, shape or form. I'm not embarrassed that some people are skeptical. I am too. What embarrasses me is the lack of decency shown - to a new member no less!
This post also applies to Mr Mask.

i said the intro post and this post has all the 'signs' of being a hoax .. pls show me where i directly stated this was a hoax? ( these signs derived from me seeing a billion of these posts every year)

Aliens?? wtf? also please show me once in ANY of my posts on this thread where i mention aliens...........

Maybe your right , maybe lots of us are jaded with these constant claims.. maybe if we were a little harder on these people they would not all flock to ATS to make a quick Buck or hawk there latest wares.

Just because i question someone's motives and information does not mean i question there decency as a human being. money and adulation can corrupt the most moralistic of people.

it is not about decency.. i showed him respect in his first post of incredulous claims and promises masquerading as an introduction... this thread is strike two .so i feel justified in my replies.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't feel I have sufficient evidence to say whether this story is real or not. As posters have pointed out, there are reasons for believing either side. If he's pulling our leg, then he sure is wasting a lot of his own time in doing so.

However, I do have one big complaint with his story. He goes into an extraordinary amount of detail, but he's not even telling his own story; the story is about his coworker. How are you going to know such minute details of somebody else's work? Especially when those details aren't even necessary for the point trying to be made.

I haven't read the OP's other posts, so maybe I'm missing something he addressed. But here are the two logical explanations I see.
1. The story is actually firsthand knowledge about the OP's own work, and not one of his coworkers.
or
2. The OP is leading us on and uses an inordinate amount of detail in the hope of selling this story to us.

I'm still withholding judgment, but I'm surprised nobody addressed this yet.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is about faster than light communication as he outlines in his post here.

I thought I would cut to the chase and help everyone out.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Star for you Mr Mask.

You continue to call'em like you see 'em. This Thread is under General Conspiracies. IMHO you are helping get it where it rightfully belongs, under Hoax.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Can you just wait so the op can finish. "If he finishes" and then jump to conclusions. I beg you stop the one on one bashing. It is getting pretty boring.
To the op. I have a request. Can you take a picture of your badge in front of your monitor? While the monitor has this ats thread on the screen. You can censure some parts of the badge like the name of the room and etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Your style of writing is also very easely readable, its like a flow instead of something i need to concetrate to.

s&f

my thoughts exactly. I don't believe however, that he is writing truth. It's a little too novel like and another very skeptical poster has already made some very valid points. Anything this true and secretive of a government organisation would never be allowed to be drip fed to us without their intervention.

If only he'd post a photo of his NASA "ID" or "badge", I might change my mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
this is either:

- a test (by a student, research firm, or possibly even gov)
- a professional writer hired by ATS to draw more engagement, more interest in site
- an attempt by a very sad creature to feed their ego

look - if you've got something important you wish to share you do not write pages and pages of fluffy overly descriptive prose sprawling multiple threads that leads to a cliffhanger. you are urged by your inner self to flush out the goods pronto. then after you've purged you will fill in the gaps.

is this lou "sleeper" baldin again?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I cant believe im posting in this guys second thread,i thought he had been killed.... but apparently not he came back to life to make a half post and disappear again.

I think him and his buddies discovered immortality or something on mars.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenTheLine

It is almost like the OP has a life outside of ATS...

Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by defiler
Can you just wait so the op can finish. "If he finishes" and then jump to conclusions. I beg you stop the one on one bashing. It is getting pretty boring.
To the op. I have a request. Can you take a picture of your badge in front of your monitor? While the monitor has this ats thread on the screen. You can censure some parts of the badge like the name of the room and etc.

the thing is he will never finish. he's been going on about all this secret, earth shattering stuff that he supposedly knows...

if he does know all this stuff, then where is it?! why come here and keep telling people you know something and leave them hanging... suspicious at least...

also, it's funny that he never really seems to be part of the discussion, he just posts and then disappears... guess it takes time to make all this up...

he never provided any verifiable evidence of who he is and yet a lot of people are hanging by his every word.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by bladebosq]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As I was cleaning the kitty litter boxes, I had a thought about this. Maybe astro guy is really who he says he is. Problem is, he's doing it with permission. Maybe it's just more disinfo to distract us from the fact that it "appears" NASA doesn't give us the whole story. It's a way to obfuscate. Just something to keep in mind (which would mean we should be really mad because it says they think we're stupid). Something to get the word out and get people excited about more work for NASA.

Viral marketing is not a myth.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Im inclined to think that its not rich but yourslf doing the debugging. In any case, I was under the impression that you retired from NASA rather than quit. But keep up the good work, but are you not going against your code of ethics. in posting this?
I guess there is a lot of feedback loops on the rover, instead of feed forward controlwhich would hva been faster since every eventuality was probably rehearsed on the earth. Anyway that is for nasa to look into in the future.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

Right on, Brother.
Forgive me for suggesting that you said otherwise.
He did state that he is a software engineer, and that his co-worker (apparently a computer/hardware engineer) was explaining to him what he was doing and what he found.
I think that's right ... or some facsimile thereof ...
Honestly, I'm in the middle of researching something else or I'd try to find where he says it. Then, I'd quote and link for ya ...

Anyway .... I don't want to take the position of defending his veracity. It may prove to be an untenable position to be in.

If you feel his comparison was of incongruent technologies and you are learned in both, then I defer to you and accept your assessment. I am not an expert in that area.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Leave him alone - his from NASA!

By the way, where do you want me to send that Earth dollar?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My gut feeling is telling me this person is a creative writer and nothing more. This member will no doubt be researching the internet for more technical specs about the rover, then start installment 2.

I am watching you like a hawk OP and so are others, make sure your facts are up to date.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join