It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I understand what you are saying but you cannot put words into other people mouths, if people want to believe something then they will, no matter if the proof is in front of them that it is wrong...thats just human nature! At no point was i saying it was your job to disprove anything, all i am saying is that it is unreasonable to conclude that it is false without knowing the whole story.

If it is a life changing story that will shape man-kind forever, then so be it, if its not then, well like i said its just a short story that is interesting to read. Why would he post it on ATS? Well i have no idea, possibly the same reason that people are attracted to this site, for answers and to hear others opinions on what is wrong with this world because the problem is too big for one person to see.

As for 'chopping up' my statement and replying to each point made, it really isnt worth your while because i know what i wrote and i understand why i wrote it as i'm sure others who read it also understood my point.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
reply to post by graaly

Nope! Kandinsky already posted the referenced quote from "John" on the last post of the first page. It appears that the Spirit Rover had potentially had a "faster than light transfer of info" or something similar while not responding to commands from NASA. John indicates that he believes it not associated with "aliens" but rather clandestine operations of our own technology perpetrated without the knowledge of NASA engineers.

At least that is how I took it. Thanks for the link anyways!

Exactly, but then, what the hell would cause someone to have "clandestine operations" with a little robot in a "dead planet"??
this is going to be fun

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I bet the missing time was some NASA dunce who forgot about daylight savings time.

Great work of fiction so far, will take some proof to make it into non-fiction circles.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Im not saying I believe the story yet. But it is rather interesting and worth keeping an eye on because there is a 50% chance that this actually is real. Lets not brow beat this guy so badly that he decides to stop writing, until we actually have proof that he is either lying or telling the truth, shall we? Thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

You sir, would be an excellent author. Your knack for suspense tops that of Stephen King.

Anyway nice post, can't wait to hear what your friend found out about the rover. I understand the need to take a break, seeing how I as of lately have been having to type with the help of my on screen keyboard. Plus I have a life I have to pay attention to.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

really"? WHAT constituents as "proof"? really evrything is manipulated these days.... tger is no"right or wrong " any more haha its time to evolve-peace

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Ummm, your going to considerable trouble, with no evidence to the contrary, to try to discredit the OP. Why? What are your motivations? Who do you work for? Prove it. It reeks of suspicion to me that your so vehement in your attempts to browbeat and discredit, an unfinished post. Also, is it a requirement that an OP present credentials to you or ATS? That would run counter to the spirit and potential wellbeing of any whistleblower. One might consider that if this FTL signal is clandestine, then perhaps the originators/receivers of said signal might not necessarily be known to JPL or NASA. The signal may be alien, as in not of or originating from or to a US agency. Perhaps this purported communique was unknown to US interests and was only then being discovered.

Look, I'm not trying to be overly obtuse, nor do I suffer from gullible tendencies, but I will give the OP a chance to finish his post and maintain an open mind.
I also hardly think that a conspiracy forum isn't the best place to introduce a possible conspiracy. I'm willing to give great latitude for an individuals posting preference or style. All that being said, I'm not in a position to ascribe fact or fiction, ultimately I'm not in a position to know, regardless.
I also add that I'm overly and overtly sceptical about any and all topics in a conspiritorial setting, by the very nature of the setting and the subject matter. You also can never prove as fact or fiction, any of the subjects discussed here.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm 90% certain that this thread will turn up to be anti-climatic. I mean we've all been through this before. Time and time again, someone jumps on ATS, has a few paragraphs that really tug at the members and then end up leaving. It's almost like they do it just to screw with us.

I hope this is more then that, as it sounds truly interesting. But I won't be holding my breath. (But I will cross my fingers.)

Peace,
FK

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
OP, even if you finish this story by explaining that what you observed could only reasonably be explained by FTL communication tech on Spirit, how are we to separate that claim from every other claim on the internet? If this is something you take at all seriously then you must be able to provide something compelling, right?

People claim that they are aliens around here. ATS is literally filled to the brim with BS. You write well and you include terms which may be intimidatingly technical for the average reader. This is not enough. Convoluted, drawn out, well written stories are equally good at conveying fiction as they are at conveying fact.

So, the issue is really simple. 1) If you're out for the attention, or feed off of the gullible, or just want to practice your writing skills and see how convincing you can be, keep doing what you're doing. If you are telling the truth 2) Provide us with something that we can't reasonably explain any way other than to accept that your story is true. If you can't immediately provide any evidence of the details, you can without a doubt immediately provide evidence that you probably worked for NASA.

If you're unable to come up with something compelling, the only rational explanation is that you're just a part of the large, sad, group of dorks who tell each other bedtime stories about how the world is not as it seems, "We have no proof. But trust us. We all used to work for NASA and saw it with our own eyes."

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm with Mr. Max on this one. NASA man is a fictional writer, but that's all. There is going to be no proof and I have the evidence.

I was at JPL when a colleague of mine was working the Spirit glitch of January last year. He showed me what certainly appeared very strong evidence of faster than light communication. (I hesitate to use the word “proof” here, since as a scientist that term demands independent verification that was not possible. But it was effectively proven to me, by its repeatability, by our exclusion of other explanations, and by evidence we found which suggested it was intended.) Before you get the wrong idea, I am not invoking aliens here! This was surely our “stuff”. But the event was significant because my notion that I was part of a largely transparent organization was severely damaged. If this existed and was deployed under everyone’s noses, what else was (out) there?
Astroboy's blog

You guys are buying these lies like pies at fat camp. The author would have had a visit by NASA for revealing this kind of information. He has not shown his credibility and remains anonymous. If he was a software engineer, as he claims, he should know that it would be easy for governments to identify who you are and where you live.

This is a fictional story, nothing more.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Astro Engineer, I wanted to express my admiration for either bravery in the face of exposure, or a great synopsis for a novel. If your posting is fact this possible FTL communication would fall under the "national security" umbrella. Two things, your either terminal and past caring about personal safety, single with no close family ties or, in a secure enough position that there are no personal concerns. Possibly your superiors are aware of your disclosure and approve of this forum for discrediting purposes, or you are being used in order that this technology gets diseminated into the public domain in order that a true source remain undiscovered.
Either way I appreciate the information, it's a great read regardless of truth, fact, or fiction.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have more than a passing familiarity with computer science and after perusing this fellow's blog (which contains some duplicate content to this post), I must say that s/he "talks the talk". Their description of their specialization and it's scope aligns smoothly with the technical details introduced. I have no idea where all of this is going but I expect it will end on an ambiguous note. I'm not exactly a conspiracy monger, but this is intriguing to me from a technical standpoint.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Ummm, your going to considerable trouble, with no evidence to the contrary, to try to discredit the OP. Why?

If you call quickly typing for 14 minutes just to point out the giant holes in the OPs story "considerable trouble"...I am sorry for you.

What are your motivations?

Everyone needs one of those around here... especially if they point out BS?

Who do you work for?

um...NASA?

Prove it.

I can't...I am lying...I do not actually work for NASA. Ysee, if I did I would be able to prove it right here. In this post...with ease.

Any MORON could prove they work for NASA...if they actually did.

See what I just did there?

Pretty cool...eh?

It reeks of suspicion to me that your so vehement in your attempts to browbeat and discredit, an unfinished post.

And the OP's story reeks of what?

Also, is it a requirement that an OP present credentials to you or ATS?

If the poster is trying to prove that NASA and the military are hiding aliens from me...yes, it is then demanded.

I also demand proof about ghosts, dimensional light beings, star children and anything else some crack pot wants me to subscribe to.

That would run counter to the spirit and potential wellbeing of any whistleblower.

Wrong again...whistle-blowers are expected to share their true identities with those they are sharing their information with.

There are laws to protect whistle-blowers and they are set to give honest/brave people an avenue to take towards sharing information.

Whistle-blowers are not nameless shadows with secret ATS accounts and no proof.

One might consider that if this FTL signal is clandestine, then perhaps the originators/receivers of said signal might not necessarily be known to JPL or NASA.

Heeeeey! Since the poster has yet to prove a single claim in his weeks of posting here, why not add a few other things that might just "perhaps" actually be.

Like-

Perhaps HE is the alien and HE changed the rover's data just so he could steal secret NASA data for his space people.

Or...if you like better-

PERHAPS the rover is actually NOW a sentient robotic life-form, augmented by alien design and given super powers.

Or even-

This guy is full of BS...

I guess we all can play the game of "perhaps" as long as the OP dosn't play his last card in this long, long, loooooooooong game of "how many threads/pages does it take to prove you worked for NASA" while we all await the alien info.

The signal may be alien, as in not of or originating from or to a US agency. Perhaps this purported communique was unknown to US interests and was only then being discovered.

We can play the "maybe game" just as much as we can play the "perhaps game".

Sorry...I'm playing the "you are full of crap game". Better odds and more often wins.

Look, I'm not trying to be overly obtuse,

In my travels, I find that most obtuse people tend to use the word "obtuse".

But that is neither here nor there.

nor do I suffer from gullible tendencies,

Good for you!

Shoulder pat!

but I will give the OP a chance to finish his post and maintain an open mind.

I don't blame ya there...lord knows, I watched his other mega-thread go on for dozens and dozens of pages before I finally came to the conclusions I have come to.

Like I said...he wastes time and reveals nothing.

And now here we are treated to a 24 hour break between his posts because he wanted a "bit of fun" (his quote, not mine).

Yeah...sounds legit.

I also hardly think that a conspiracy forum isn't the best place to introduce a possible conspiracy.

Bingo...this guy works for NASA for 24 years, finally gets the balls to buck the system and blow his mighty alien-whistle and inform the sleeping sheep-public...and he does it on ATS with his brand new ATS account.

And...for two weeks now...has failed to prove he even worked for NASA.

I'm willing to give great latitude for an individuals posting preference or style.

Good...then by that account, I am fine-and-dandy in your eyes.

Load off my back, there.

All that being said, I'm not in a position to ascribe fact or fiction, ultimately I'm not in a position to know, regardless.

That is a sad fact.

I am sorry.

I hope you find a way to achieve a position in your own life where you can "know" when you are right or wrong when it comes to judging stories like these.

One of my biggest fears is of being absolutely powerless over what I "know" and do not "know" when it comes to simple matters.

I also add that I'm overly and overtly sceptical about any and all topics in a conspiritorial setting, by the very nature of the setting and the subject matter.

Good rule of thumb...you may want to add this one-

"anyone who fails to prove his place of employment throughout over 40+ pages, is probably a fraud."

Good rule to remember...

You also can never prove as fact or fiction, any of the subjects discussed here.

Wrong...there are many many instances where conspiracy (or conspiracies) have been proven and made fact.

Facts are present on ATS...you just need to teach yourself how to wade through the river of "crap" that floods the place.

The gold nuggets are at the bottom of the filth. You just gotta dig.

PS- Even though I didn't tell you where I work...bet your butt I would be able to prove it in one post.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I understand what you are saying but you cannot put words into other people mouths, if people want to believe something then they will, no matter if the proof is in front of them that it is wrong...thats just human nature!

No. Human beings form beliefs based on things. Rational beliefs are based on logical arguments which follow from accepted premises, and the premises are in the form of observations and evidence. Irrational beliefs are based on things like faith and wishful thinking. For example believing a story you read on the internet about super secret tech just because you like it is an irrational belief. People who seek to differentiate reality from fantasy try to hold rational beliefs about the world. Persisting in a belief despite being presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary is the definition of being delusional. If you thank that's how "people" in general operate, you're hanging out with the wrong crowd.

It's valuable to distinguish between reality and fantasy. Presenting a skeptical argument is valid because it helps us in that persuit. If you don't want Mr. Mask to tell you why this story probably isn't true then explain to him why he's wrong, and that it actually probably is true. If you have a reason to believe it then a reason must exist, provide it. If you want him to keep his mouth shut so you can endulge some fantasy about how this story is so interesting it must be true, you're out of luck. But, if that's the case, you should be out of luck. People who believe crazy things should be confronted with reality at every opportunity.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Until/unless there is an actual revelation of something with evidence, I am assuming this is just creative writing. That being said, it is very well written, technical yet easy to read, so I gave it a star just for that. I'd like to hear more of the "story".

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This guy really has a way way with words. He states all the way through his post that it is being written from memory and journals/diaries. At least it is well constructed and easy to follow. Most of the posts on here begin with an apology for not being in the correct forum ... need i say more.

Anyway, whether you want to believe him or not, or just prefer to take up valuable server space by posting posts with non factual non sensical attempted debunking then that is up to you .. good luck and have fun ...

But It has been proven that NASA is not the best communicator. Whether it is internally or externally. The most public display of this was with the discovery that "INCHES are not the same as CENTIMETRES", when trying to land on Mars. Whether this happended on purpose or accidentally, we will probably never know.

Neil Armstrong sort of alluded to this kind of thing in a very cloaked manner.

So whether his story is completely factual or not, it is also possible that between departments within NASA or their allies they could have been reading off different pages (metaphorically speaking of course)

So lets wait till we hear the whole story before we write this one off to the Sci-Fi section ......

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

People will get suckered in if they want to get suckered in, you can't do anything about it. It's happened time and time again. I'd tell you that you're wasting your breath (which you are), but this is interesting, so keep going! No disrespect ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I read through all of that techno-babble crap for nothing!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
He failed to answer critical questions on NASA's newest identification procedures (in his last long, boring, probably false post), showing he doesn't even know the basics to "entering the building" never mind any deep insight on to more spectacular details of NASA or the subjects he is "hinting at" with his LONG posts that answer nothing.

Mr. Mask, Let me first state that I share your skepticism. I am the poster from his Intro thread that suggested it would be an easy matter to confirm his credibility based
on recent PIV (Personal Identification Verification) name badges as part of HSPD #12.
(Homeland Security Presidential Directive #12.)

In all fairness the thread was closed shortly after my suggestion(the Mod felt our consternation/skepticism was inappropriate)
, but AE did not reply, rebuke nor rebut my post.

Just sayin' in the spirit of fairness.

My post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I honestly think this is one of these:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d139325fe38b.jpg[/atsimg]

Time will tell. Tick tock.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join