It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I saw nothing but your palm sign and I pissed my self.
I was going to post ----Well because the finnigan pin that supports the watchama callit lapsed in to cyber sleep the program and the framus became semi un manageable causing drain and leakage in an inverse direction that is customary but not an essential.
Which is totally true of course but a tinny wayward within the bounds of contemplating wether I should relinquish my position (and might I add a modest but not necessarily spectacular one. )
But what the hell I may find out in the morning that things have changed when a friend of mine returns from a journey to Kat Mandu with some knowledge past down through generations of Hindu Viking mixed cave dwellers. If anyone and I mean anyone can produce information that can help disarray my thinking acquired from a dream I had last Thursday, please submit in a legible format that will be computer compliable.
I am not completely positive my friend will agree with your assessments but it is the best thing in my honest opinion that can possibly help me decide who's information contains the best advice to help me in a calamity that has keep me awake since then.
I am getting sleeeeeepppy-----

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is officially the most annoying thread I have ever read on ATS. I'm not sure which is more annoying...the OP's spacing of his posts and never seeming to get to the point, or the bickering on the thread. I wasted waaaay too much time trying to find his posts through page after page of other stuff. I realize now that I am just adding to that, but d***...

Then the guy came back and had to respond to everyone and didn't post the next part...it's completely addicting, but I feel a complete waste of my time.

Pardon me please, ATS, for my venting.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroEngineer

Excuses, excuses. Where's the beef?

You come back after such a long absence and all you post is excuses and grumbles?

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ok, guys. Let's keep an open mind and do some investigating.
Well I really wanted to see if my guess of the FTL communication being used is indeed Quantum Entanglement as I postulated back in the beginning. Someone earlier mentioned Gravity Wave Communication. That would be fascinating. If this turns out to be true, then someone is not sharing in these new innovations that our TAX dollars paid for. Now that would make me mad.
The other guess would be is that some secret department is pre-assessing the rover images because there are living things moving about on Mars. What if they are finding things like this?:

Martian SOL 1833

Life on Mars could be of some type of "advanced" archeae type of creature that can live off the predominantly CO2 atmosphere and excrete methane, as some of our Mars satellites have detected. Just a guess....

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinthematrix
I wasted waaaay too much time trying to find his posts through page after page of other stuff.

In case you were unaware of the function- Theres a button that says "Thread" at the bottom of each posters post (just below the signature) which allows you to cut through all the extra BS and just read what the OP (or a particular member) has posted within the thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Can you guys just shut up and let him finish?

Geez, how childish. Jumping to conclusions like little animals.

You should be ashamed to be a part of site which CLAIMS to "deny ignorance"

how is basing an opinion on fact and logic being childish? if you catch your dad putting gifts under the tree and see him eating the cake you left out for santa clause, chances are there is no santa clause or that at the very least your not getting your gifts from him. no matter how desperately you want to believe it to be true wont make it so.

What i find childish is the ignorance and gullibility of the man children in here who still live in fantasy land. I was not attacking anybody but simply pointing out an obvious fact. If the OP was serious about getting the word out they would have done so in the first hit, not sitting back watching people like you and me debate about it.

THE ONLY THING THIS POST HAS DONE IS STIR UP EMOTION!!!

Think with your head not with your heart
act with your heart only when your head says its safe to do so.

this, like a number of other threads that pop up here are designed to suck in the gullible. i have no problems with people revealing "inside information" but im not a fool to chase a dangling carrot, unless of course the idea of chasing a carrot i know i will never eat amuses me.. which at this time in my life it does not.

So good luck to you and your kind alike if its not this guy it will be another.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

I am intrigued by your story and am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I'll probably be considered gullible and stupid for that, but who cares really... it'll be coming from those who take this site and themselves way too seriously.

You are so gullible and stupid!!
Look! this is serious!
Shape up or ship out

Sorry, I couldn't resist (it's a slow day in my non-existent office)

I am just messing with you PE ;-)
Your posts and musings are anything but stupid - and you certainly don't strike me as the gullible type
Quite the contrary.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That's a sensational pic KK!
I wonder if you've stolen the OP's thunder by revealing his climactic photo

By the way, I never realised how much Karl Lagerfeld resembles a Thunderbird (re: KK's avatar)

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
This is all about FTLCOM (faster than light communication) and shadow use of the rover, via its hidden ports, for the "sped up" ability of the FTLCOM/Spirit and the purpose of gathering intel on Earth. To see into tomorrow. Our satellites do it now, but having a "waypoint" to bounce our signal off Mars is much more effective.

FTLCOM is in use with one of our satelites that was (affected) by accident at first and now it is a toll that has been put on roids by this uplink to Spirit, Endeavor was fried...

but... who's accessing the rover???

There's tiny little aliens accessing the rover... Can't you see? Well, exactly, they so small we miss them. That's why this was only found now, thats why they only download thumbnail versions!

-----------
My opinion on this matter is that it seems like he is plugging a novel yet to be released. I don't think badly of the author, for he probably doesn't realize how perturbed this makes us ATSers, I mean, look at this thread.

Some have mentioned he should have put this in the creative writting section. I fully agree. I think the best way to go about something like this would be; to first, post in the ceative writting section, where we could critisize your writting rather than your ideas, and second, once you have expended your writtings, post another thread with a brief and a conclusion. That way you have both a literary discussion and a conspiracy discussion. Everone wins.

I am waiting for the conclusion, though I think I'll just read off of his blog until it's finished. This bickering is silly.

Enjo!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
New member here and wanted to comment on this 'story'. If true it is extremely interesting and further evidence that the public is being kept in the dark. The OP should be congratulated for having the courage to post.

If it is false it is a good yarn nothing more. Time will tell. Personally, sadly and I mean no disrespect to the OP, I smell FTL shi*e

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
reply to post by mckyle

quit spamming the friggin thread. You and others have absolutely wasted PAGES with DRIVEL worth less than my dirty laundry.

Astro has sufficiently answered and described exactly why he shouldn't OR couldn't answer the whiny bitching in a manner you online vultures will accept. I'm not singling you out,(nevermind.. I am since I'm tired of looking at your avatar next to so many useless posts) but calling out all of you who continuously post silly unrelated and space wasting comments.

I've never ignored anyone but after this response this thread will have made 3 in one thread. Really.. ATS is just starting to suck now.

get a life people and when you do and choose to respond on a forum where others USED to like spending time, post quality and not MTV/YOUTUBE bull# quantity

b

It's called levity. Look it up and then go have a cup of tea and a lie down.

Having said that, I must wonder, do you speak to all your friends like this, or am I special?

Nevermind, I remember now. Still sore from that thread three months ago.
I think it's time we kissed and made up. Don't you? ;-)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by mckyle]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

OK....not gonna slam anyone, it's just a nice round twenty pages, and I was waiting for the 100 Flag-threshold to be broken....so splashing on into the pool, here.

Now, having waded through what the OP has written, is there anyone with a short synopsis? For clarity?

Been difficult to ascertain A) The point, and B) "WHY" he left NASA, exactly. Since that is in the title....

Saw a little ditty about FTL communications, but that was offered by other posters, and not the OP? OR, did I miss it?

Actually i started this, but this is something i read on AstroEngineers blog
very short piece about it

[edit on 31-3-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I may be incorrect, but haven't ATS staff members in the past anonymously but credibly verified whistle blowers' and posters' credentials? AstroEngineer, earlier in this thread a Moderator said that you had an urgent U2U. If you're unfamiliar with how to use ATS U2Us, look at the top of the page where it says "U2Us" in red. Click on it, and read the message. Perhaps the ATS staff were reaching out to you? As I said, I may be incorrect, but I BELIEVE I recall that in the past they have met with posters and then subsequently vouched for their credentials without compromising their anonymity or personal security. You might consider taking this step if it is at all possible, as it will no doubt greatly satiate the pseudo-skeptics.

Which brings me to my second point. I sincerely intend no offense with what I'm about to say, but I feel that some posters in this thread may need to be reminded what the scientific process and skepticism are really constituted by. You are free to have personal beliefs and opinions so long as you describe them as such, including the personal beliefs and opinions that this OP is misleading you. However, if you want to call yourself a skeptic, you must remember that skepticism requires refraining from asserting a fact without irrefutable proof, including the ostensible fact that something is true, untrue, real, or a hoax.

You can say that in your opinion the available evidence does not constitute proof of something, but without proof that a lie or hoax is being perpetrated, you cannot conclude, with intellectual honesty and integrity, that a hoax or lie is being perpetrated. To do so is not skeptical, and it is not scientific. It is just the opposite extreme to blind belief. In lieu of any proof that we are being misled, the most a skeptic can say in this instance is (and this is the basis of all skepticism and scientific thought,) "I don't know yet." In lieu of any absolute proof that this story is true, we also cannot say "This is true." We can only, again, say, "I don't know yet."

Again, I sincerely intend no disrespect, offense, or insult toward anyone reading the above. I just perceive that perhaps there is no harm in entertaining a possibility without embracing it, so long as there is no proof either way yet. It seems that there are vested emotions and frustrations here that occlude that line of reasoning, and instead make it more attractive to adhere to outright belief or disbelief. That is unfortunate in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This thread has been closed due to the inability/unwillingness of the original poster to provide the information promised. Once/if the original poster can provide the information to staff, this thread will be reopened for discussion.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join