It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Left NASA: A Curiosity of Spirit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks

I'm sure this is what the OP was referring to.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

I think its here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by graaly

Nope! Kandinsky already posted the referenced quote from "John" on the last post of the first page. It appears that the Spirit Rover had potentially had a "faster than light transfer of info" or something similar while not responding to commands from NASA. John indicates that he believes it not associated with "aliens" but rather clandestine operations of our own technology perpetrated without the knowledge of NASA engineers.

At least that is how I took it. Thanks for the link anyways!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Mr Mask

What are you on about?!

I'm "on about" a young poster having fun with "many people's gullibility". You honestly believe this guy to be an ex-NASA engineer with insight into the shadowy world of NASA-cover-ups and what not?

And why? Because he dropped a few buzz words, common catch phrases and a few technical "sounding" terms? Enjoy that level of debunking/believing. I find myself a little more demanding in my quests for truth.

Proof of what? Evidence of what?

I'm sorry, are you just now joining us with this new poster from NASA? Did you miss the 40+ pages of his last thread that babbled on and on about his secret knowledge and understandings of "the inside of NASA", and then did you witness those 40+ pages reveal nothing to back him up?

Did you miss his last farce of a post where he gallivanted forward with his "status as an ex-NASA worker" and then continued to place bread crumbs leading the readers nowhere?

Did you miss the fact that he has stated more then once that he has "secrets" but he doesn't feel safe "yet" detailing them for us? Yet, if he really was a loose cannon whistle-blower, how is it that he feels SAFE enough to leave enough information about himself that IF IT WAS TRUE he would be instantly located and found out by the very "organizations" he is trying to evade.

You didn't read it did you.

Oh, I did...but you will find I don't go jumping at every troll/scammer/liar's story with open arms and wide eyes of trust.

Are you telling me that an ex-NASA engineer for 24 years, is likely enough to come here and lead hundreds of readers on a fairy-tail story IN PUBLIC VIEW on the most frequented conspiracy site in the world (WHILE making front page) when he made it clear that he want's to keep his identity secret from not only us, but also those who may be "watching him"?

I thought it was very well written and many technical terms are included(you got me OP if you are joking, sounded like you really did work for NASA). Perhaps you know what the OP was trying to prove?

Judging from you instant "purchasing" of this man's baseless story (that I found incredibly unprofessional and overly cryptic from his first introduction), then I salute you and wish you luck with the countless other stories on this board.

Protect your mind...you seem to have a weak spot where you allow rubbish to be filtered as "truth". Dangerous weakness to have here on ATS.

I read through it, and honestly have no idea because it isn't finished yet...

No offense...but DUH!

He has written many pages, all leading the reader on a roller-coaster of vague and unprovable ideas that never reach a head or conclusion.

I won't be shocked to see it happen again here.

I do wonder how it is that you are so inclined to accept this story, as hollow as it is. What is it that lowers your judgment factor to allow this sort of stuff on your radar with nothing but green lights urging you to believe what you are reading.

Reminded me of the scene in Transformers where the guy from 'Sector 7' comes to NASA to debrief the Secretary of Defense

Never mind...I understand now. You saw a movie with big robots and of course you accept this story to be similar and that allows you to believe it easier.

You will find many gullible types quickly point to a popular movie (or related media source) to suggest possibility or logic due to the presented images of said movie/show/song/videogame/etc.

Its a pandemic...the world is growing dumber and dumber and TV seems to be the major catalyst for "thought" in so many folks these days.

FACT REMAINS...this guy could cut to the chase in one post...he can spill the beans in one post...he can provide proof, documentation, etc, in one post.

He failed to answer critical questions on NASA's newest identification procedures (in his last long, boring, probably false post), showing he doesn't even know the basics to "entering the building" never mind any deep insight on to more spectacular details of NASA or the subjects he is "hinting at" with his LONG posts that answer nothing.

Perhaps it is too early to make the end-all call on this guy...but yknow what? Mr Mask is often known to be the first guy to stand up and yell "YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP" before "all data is on our desks".

Is that a dangerous place to place my credibility? You would think so...right?

But no...I have a 100% accuracy thus far on ATS in calling hoaxes and scammers. Never been wrong yet, and all this was done using "early calls on BS".

Now the question remains...do I have a magical ability to tell the future? Or am I just not stupid enough to fall for this OBVIOUS trolling?

Who knows...I like to think I'm magic...or at least have a super power.

Sadly, it is more likely that- I just am not stupid enough to fall for badly written lies and sophomoric tricks.

But...like you said...what this man wrote seems to be enough for you to start trusting his story.

I can only hope that you show up in one of my next threads titled-

"I am from Mars, if you believe me send me an earth dollar".

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I like how you seem compelled to tell everyone else how they are wrong to believe what this guy has to say, he may be right, he may be wrong, the decision is for every individual to decide for themselves...you dont get 'Brownie Points' for trying to disprove everyone when you have no evidence what-so-ever that he is lying...oh wait, you did use the usual "big words, elaborate sentencing" etc.

The fact still remains that whether he is correct, incorrect or whatever, it is still an insightful short story that can make people smile with anticipation, which, no disrespect is far more than i can say for your negative attitude towards a captivating short story and thought patterns of 'knowing he is wrong'.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The OP is simply writing a story.
Thus why they need more time to post something they supposedly seen first hand.
What a crock.
I've yet to see one single post on ATS with proof of anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AstroEngineer
-

Sorry about the teaser ending. I might as well have a little fun, and it was the best place to break. I'll try to post the next block within 24 hours.

Spoken like a real professional NASA engineer.

So...just to clear this up...you been here for over two weeks now- dangling evidence of the GREATEST COVER-UP OF ALL TIME and the EVENT TO CHANGE HUMAN HISTORY FOR ALL TIME TO COME, and yet...you are taking a 24 hour break before giving us the "real info".

I see.

Are you at all worried that this "24 hour wait" that you have willingly issued yourself as a "bit of fun!!!?" will give the evil forces of the secret-government/military/anti-alien-task-forces/etc time to find you and silence you?

Hmmm...you are here to give us the ride of our lives and awaken us to the real truth of alien contact (yadda yadda) and yet...it takes over TWO WEEKS to write it down and share it with us?

Yeah...sure...ok.

So...you think that the secret defense departments that operate to keep classified information away from the public are just reading this and saying-

"screw it...give him a few weeks...I'm sure he won't blow the lid off this within 14 days. He takes longer then THAT to really deliver info".

Yeah...ok...right.

So...you are sitting at your desk with the most valuable information to the entire race of mankind...and you are allowing those who would silence you, an extra 24 hours to do so.

Hmmm...

One question...how many adults do you assume to be retarded here?

Can't wait until you are proven to be a troll and banned.

Sadly, this site is the #1 hot-spot for "liars trying to fool idiots", and your absence will only be answered with your immediate replacement(s).

Keep digging your hole.

And keep track of what age group you have influence over.

You will not find many "adults" finding your story to be anything but badly written and laughable.

No offense.

Not like its offensive to be having a hand at fooling the entire audience of this site for "a bit of fun".

Bunk...hogwash...boo

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mr. Mask, I like the way you think.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Actually, wouldn't that be enough already?

Someone with access to base programming of the spirit found some code referencing parts on the rover and functionality unknown.

the code is not in the offical documentation, and the referencing of a different drive is not on the offical schematics...how is that in itself not worthy of discussion? Hell, people have talked for pages on here for far less...here you have a (supposed) nasa employee confirming of strange doings within nasa itself...if anything, doesn't that prove a factioned off part of nasa not playing by the rules but seemingly in charge above the techs.

Stop bitching for more and consider what is said just in this "teaser" bit. It means NASA employees are NOT in control of their creations.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by Mr Mask

I like how you seem compelled to tell everyone else how they are wrong to believe what this guy has to say,

Thank you...I perform this free service out of the kindness of my heart. But feel free to pay me for it if you wish.

he may be right,

Absolutely not. You can not post this type of information in a two week span of time and not be silenced, handled or detained- if it is TRUE.

This can only happen on a famous public forum if the information is false.

Trust me...go ahead...start a post that REALLY endangers the safety and policy of EVERY NATION in the world...and see how many weeks you get to finish your story.

he may be wrong,

He IS wrong...and has shown that he dosn't even know details of the basic identification that NASA workers are forced to carry/show.

A janitor of NASA would have that info...never mind an engineer.

the decision is for every individual to decide for themselves...

Wrong again...no matter who decides what or judges whom...there is only one answer to this.

It is either bunk...or it is fact.

Lucky for you, I've done the hard work of telling you which one of those categories this belongs in.

you dont get 'Brownie Points' for trying to disprove everyone

Correct...I get stars and nods from people "able to understand" what total "crap" is.

Brownie points are not part of the reward system of ATS.

I personally do not even like brownies...so I am fine with the lack of brownie-points. What would I spend them on?

when you have no evidence what-so-ever that he is lying

Sigh...the most overused and irrelevant point made by people on this site.

It is not my JOB or duty to prove that this anonymous stranger is actually telling the truth. It is not MY PLACE to prove this guy is lying.

HE is the one telling me that NASA is hiding alien data that HE ACTUALLY OBSERVED and recorded.

If I tell you I am Jesus...will you defend my claime when people laugh at me? Will you stand to say-

"prove Mr Mask is NOT Jesus!!!"

If so...I do not envy your reality-compass.

It is this guy's place to prove his cliams. And if he can't do it within two weeks and multible threads, then I'm sorry, he should shut up or put out.

He babbles a lot...sure...but all these pages later (a novella indeed) he has done nothing but wet our mouths with promises of reward.

Yet...here we are...waiting for 24 hours (because he wanted a 'bit of fun') for his next AWESOME post that will awaken us all to the fact that he saw alien messages within NASA.

...oh wait, you did use the usual "big words, elaborate sentencing" etc.

I have never used a big word in my life, nor have I used anything elaborate in my way of communicating.

I don't do that...it is a red-flag pointing towards the probability of "bull crap".

The fact still remains that whether he is correct, incorrect or whatever, it is still an insightful short story that can make people smile with anticipation,

Oh...my bad...is that what your looking for? Science fiction that gives you anticipation? Well, you are in the right thread.

I on the other hand am not here for watered-down out-of-work hack-writers making up lies to pass their time at the expense of others.

I'm here for truth...not a second-runner-up to TV.

no disrespect is far more than i can say for your negative attitude towards a captivating short story and thought patterns of 'knowing he is wrong'.

You are captivated by this story...you. Not me.

I am more captivated by the marvel that is "human gullibility" and how easy it is to find a target for any lie you wish to sell.

Like I said...ATS is the #1 spot on the net to sell your BS and hope to find someone "lost enough" to buy it.

If the guy can't produce proof or even reasonable evidence to back up what should be called "the biggest story ever released in the history of mankind", then he surly isn't equipped enough to get any credibility in my eyes.

You want to think adults who worked for NASA for 24 years plays games like this...be my guest.

Just don't expect me to roll over and play "stupid" just so you think I'm more of a "positive person".

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Alright chill out...

Point well taken. I did indeed miss all of that jazz... which is why I thought this post sounded plausible. I noticed the OP's intro thread but I didn't follow up on all those pages of nonsense that you apparently have. You obviously have read more of OP's posts than I have, sorry for accusing you.

I do not just accept these things outright, I just am barely on the other side of the scale when it comes to these 'ATS whistleblowers'... I give them the benefit of the doubt until I see something out of place. It would have seemed out of place had I read as much as you, but I had not.

I'm sorry, are you just now joining us with this new poster from NASA? Did you miss the 40+ pages of his last thread that babbled on and on about his secret knowledge and understandings of "the inside of NASA", and then did you witness those 40+ pages reveal nothing to back him up?

Did you miss his last farce of a post where he gallivanted forward with his "status as an ex-NASA worker" and then continued to place bread crumbs leading the readers nowhere?

Did you miss the fact that he has stated more then once that he has "secrets" but he doesn't feel safe "yet" detailing them for us? Yet, if he really was a loose cannon whistle-blower, how is it that he feels SAFE enough to leave enough information about himself that IF IT WAS TRUE he would be instantly located and found out by the very "organizations" he is trying to evade.

Yep. Sincerely missed the 40+ pages. So the story that is posted in the OP has no ending?! It seems to be fairly focused on an ending that the OP has yet to post - whether real or fiction.

And just as clarification, I am not an idiot. I do not just accept things from movies as real. In fact, the close connection to the scene in Transformers gave me MORE reason to be skeptic - simply because the OP could just be copying the storyline but adding technical jargon to convince people.

Then again, to be scientific and a devils advocate... People have many times suggested that the reason certain things like stargates are in hollywood films and shows for the sole purpose of creating a reference for debunkers. Example: A 'whistleblower' claims stargates are real, and no one believes them because "Oh, you just saw that in a movie. Debunked."

That is a fallacy. So therefore we cannot generalize and say that everything in movies is fake.

Sorry to have caused you to reply in such a lengthy manner.

btw: What is it exactly that the OP is claiming? Alien intervention or something? Again, I have not read through the 40+ pages...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by beebs]

[edit on 28-3-2010 by beebs]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by SaturnFX

it does is you care about ATS, look at members like phage for a positive example.

otherwise you could be added to the huge list of people who use this site more like a creative writing forum.

The question is, what is the guy trying to formulate...from what I seen, he added something pretty huge, yet it seemed to pass by everyone whom simply wanted more...wanted his entire life story in a few posts, etc...

So, should he dumb things down for our sake, or should we actually read what he is writing? Perhaps its his reputation that needs to be considered, but our reputation for perception.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
reply to post by Mr Mask

Alright chill out...

I am chilled.

Few points to add-

I didn't call you (or anyone directly) "stupid" or an "idiot".

I am sorry if my written tone comes off as rude...I was raised by horribly honest and blunt people. It is my flaw and I live with it daily.

Lastly, enjoy ATS and follow this story. I have an unproven hunch I am going to be proven "right" on the whole matter...and I wouldn't want you to miss it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
OPs.

I assume you have a badge....how about for credentials, you scan it, blot out anything reflecting who you are, etc...and show us it to confirm at least you worked for nasa to begin with, else we are just spinning our wheels.

Alternatively, if you live in the space coast, you can simply meet me somewhere and show me the badge...but not sure if me vouching for you would suspend disbelief.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

He's now been challenged and the bar is set higher. What he chooses to post next will be the tipping point for his credibility. It'd be very cool if some revelation occurs...unfortunately ATS has seen this type of poster many times before.

In the past, the site admins have been willing to authenticate a member's claimed credentials. You've offered to meet. He's got a lot of opportunity to establish credibility and post a revelation.

Will he take it? Nope.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Interesting read. It's being published on a conspiracy theory site in general
conspiracies, so make of it what you will. I look forward to finishing the read,
however, I will not be storing this data in the truth department of my brain.

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Or am I just not stupid enough to fall for this OBVIOUS trolling?

I am from Mars, if you believe me send me an earth dollar

What's an earth dollar?

prove Mr Mask is NOT Jesus!!!

You bring the nails, I'll bring the cross.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I am sorry if my written tone comes off as rude...I was raised by horribly honest and blunt people. It is my flaw and I live with it daily.

Lastly, enjoy ATS and follow this story. I have an unproven hunch I am going to be proven "right" on the whole matter...and I wouldn't want you to miss it.

Peace

I don't doubt you are correct. It is good to have your type around ATS as it keeps all of the dreamy-eyed people in check.

I admit sometimes I let myself become one of them, but usually only if the information resonates with the rest of my research(which is a whole hell of a lot of things these days). What the OP is describing does resonate - simply on the grounds of the Nazi connections in NASA and the suppressed technologies that simply MUST exist based on what we know from the mid twentieth century. Remember, we achieved Anti-Gravitic capabilities 40-50 years ago...

I am still curious though as to what exactly the OP has been proposing to know? Aliens? I mean so far it just sounds like suppressed technology from Terra Firma that was included on the Rover... namely FTL communication... but then again I have not read through the 40+ pages you were describing.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Reads like a good novel. Looking forward to the next installment.

Anyway "FTL" wouldn't be that shocking, possibly the distance. Has been demonstrated in the Canaries in 2006:

lanl.arxiv.org...]Free-Space distribution of entanglement and single photons over 144 km

It's a HOT topic and I wouldn't doubt that billions world wide are being poured into research.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
To the alleged OP NASA man -

Cut to the chase already and stop acting all NASA on us...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Amazing that we have someone like him among us, we should be proud and respect the contributions. I will wait for part 2.

Your style of writing is also very easely readable, its like a flow instead of something i need to concetrate to.

s&f

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join