It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

president hires Criminal Lawyer to Represent Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
President Bush has sought a lawyer to represent him in the criminal probe into who was responsible for a leak that was seen as retaliation against a critic of the Iraq war, the White House said on Wednesday.

"The president has had discussions with an outside attorney, and in the event that he needs advice he would retain him," said White House spokesman Allen Abney, naming the lawyer as Jim Sharp.
www.reuters.com...
===================================================
I searched the web for information about the President's new lawyer and found this reference of a lawyer named "Jim Sharpe"

Wal-Mart Must Pay $13 Million to Family of Woman Falsely Accused of Shoplifting

HOUSTON (AP) - A South Texas jury has ruled that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. must pay $13 million to the family of a woman falsely accused of shoplifting.

The nation's No. 1 retailer was sued by Irene Aguilera of Houston after she spent almost a month in jail in 1994 on charges that she participated in a shoplifting ring, her lawyer, Jim Sharp, said.

The charges were dropped after prosecutors determined there was no evidence to support them, Sharp said.

Aguilera sued Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart in 1995 and company investigator Wayne Cruickshank, but died in July 2000 from symptoms related to a skin disease.

A Rio Grande City jury returned the verdict Friday. The jury award will be split among her three children, Sharp said.
`
`Wal-Mart will appeal,'' company spokesman Bill Wertz said.
10/10/01 21:13:00
www.walmartsurvivor.com...

What's I find so ironic, the chief 'Cheerleader" against those pesky and greedy Trial Lawyer's............and it would seem that this 'Jim Sharpe' does qualify as the type that cause the price of things to go up because of their ability to rip off the poor law-abiding citizens............is the first one the President calls to protect his sorrya$$ from potential criminal liability.

Why was not President Bush more 'steadfast' to principle..........not employ the services of a nasty Trial Lawyer...........and call for the services of some other professional.....................like say, maybe an Exterminator - they're considered ‘Professional? ........and even most state requires they have a license………

How quickly they change their tune………seems now, maybe, the Trial Lawyer’s have friend in the White House…………….

People are funny..............

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Believe it or not I was surprised by the turn of events with president when I saw the news on this lawyer I did not had a clue what they were talking about.

Will bush be so stupid as to leak information like that?

It he gaining anything by doing this.?

I guess the lawyer most be some friend of the family, for him to trust. Bush is starting to look very stupid himself to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good Evening........good to see you once more.

Of course I'm just being my same old sarcastic self……. And being the pompous pain-in- the-a$$ the good Lord always challenges to moderation.

Seriously, given the potential of being called before a Grand Jury to testify in a criminal matter is scary business; the rules in the grand jury, while similar to open court, are a whole lot different. For instance, you can be represented by an attorney; and that attorney may enter the Grand Jury room to hear you give testimony……….but he can say just about NOTHING. He may not even give the appearance of give a client even hand signals.

So it is good practice, even if you are not the subject of an investigation to have Counsel.

And I seem to recall in Grand Jury, they can ask you just about and damn question they want. And the members of the grand jury can ask questions of any witness thru the states attorney ………….questions like……… “What part did you as, Governor of Texas, do to promote the sweet-heart land deal with that Texas City, before you became one of the team’s owners?” I’m not to clear any more on federal rules so there may be exceptions to basic GJ procedures……..

But in principle, I support the President’s use of an attorney to represent his interests.
The story was just a preparation to soften the shock of a possible headline screaming “President Called before Federal Criminal GJ to Testify”………SOS, different day.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I believe the president testimony will be behind doors like everything else and away from the public. It is not good to get the image tarnish sitting in front of a grand jury like a comun criminal.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Lets be kind now..............Grand Jury testimony is always behind closed door and secret..............

anyone who leaks GJ proceedings is in deep do-do..........It's a no-no that can get you vacation time without pay.

new topics

top topics

join