It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More epic fail by the U.S. Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

WASHINGTON – Fifteen phony products — including a gasoline-powered alarm clock — won a label from the government certifying them as energy efficient in a test of the federal "Energy Star" program.

Investigators concluded the program is "vulnerable to fraud and abuse."

A report released Friday said government investigators tried to pass off 20 fake products as energy efficient, and only two were rejected. Three others didn't get a response.

news.yahoo.com...

This pic really says it all.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Okay Venetian, you have officially made me take a vacation from ATS for a couple of days. This one just broke the camel's back. And as one of the commenters on the story so eloquently put it," and these are the people who now run healthcare." S+F and I will see you after I decompress.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Really sorry to do that to ya. I know it's hard sometimes but now that I am on my vacation I may indeed join you.

It does disturb me though I as I tend to look for those labels when shopping. I don't know about global warming as this isn't the place to bring it up, but I have never found anything wrong in conserving power.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Wow that is funny yet so sad. I guess we are built on lies at this point, why stop when you can have fun with it? And people think that the elections will solve this? S+F thank you for the digging.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

a product billed as an air room cleaner that was actually a space heater with a feather duster and fly strips attached, and a computer monitor that won approval within 30 minutes of submission.

Was there prize money awarded for this?
How do I get an application to participate for next year?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

No prize money I believe but if you are like me and had been putting any credence into those labels on your diswashers, dryers, etc then you kinda get slapped in the face.

top topics

join