It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Killed Dinosaurs, Scientist Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Was it long-term climate change, rather than a rogue asteroid, that killed off the dinosaurs?

That's the conclusion of German paleontologist Michael Prauss, who studied 65-million-year-old fossils drilled out of the earth in the Brazos River area of Texas and argues that radical changes to the flora and fauna of the era began long before arrival of the massive space rock widely associated with one of the largest mass extinctions in the history of the planet.

That impact, at what is now Chicxulub, Mexico, in the past 30 years has become the primary suspect in the death of the dinosaurs. And it was the subject of an article in the journal Science earlier this month in which 41 scientists from around the world argued that a wealth of global data show the extinctions began at the same time that the asteroid's crash sent debris across the atmosphere and blocked out the sun for years.

www.aolnews.com...|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fw ww.aolnews.com%2Fscience%2Farticle%2Fclimate-change-killed-dinosaurs-german-scientist-says%2F19417294

So this guy thinks climate change killed the dinosaurs? It just sounds like he's trying to scare the scientists and leaders into moving green technology faster. Or he could be telling the truth and climate change killed them, but that would have to be some pretty bad climate change.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
comet/meteor impact = climate change

Right?

So, the theories would fit each other?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
comet/meteor impact = climate change

Right?

So, the theories would fit each other?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Comet hits earth then earth's climate changes and then they die.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yep.... comet / large meteor impact = massive dust in the upper atmosphere = block sun

Climate change...

These guys are trying anything to revive their Global Warming Doom.... bet their research money is going down.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
people here are not open minded, I bet I can find people with bigger boxes in some extreme religion place

just stop

you guys need to understand that the science community have evidences that our climate change along time, so, its not hard to understand that global warming can happen because of natural causes, thats it, its not hard to understand

I am not saying that human interaction wont accelerate the process, the reality is that we dont know, since we dont have any credible discussion, since obama already decided that we are the cause

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
youve never heard of the Ice Age?
its pretty old news

new topics

top topics

join