It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama rallies forces on visit to Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

This is great news! He will finally see what it's like for these guys over there fighting and defending themselves everyday from insurgents.

Why don't people read these articles they post?

This wasn't his first visit... it was his first visit as the President.

As the headline states, he seemed to do rally the troops rather well... I'm glad to see my President supporting our troops like this with a surprise visit. They seemed to be rather happy to see him.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
President Bush might have been the village idiot and incapable of leading a country, but at least he paid attention and made regular visits to the troops. Including spending holiday festivals over in Afghanistan.

Oh please! Bush was just there to fap himself at the sight of that bloody great pipeline that the "Invasion" of Whogivesacrapistan facilitated.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

This is great news! He will finally see what it's like for these guys over there fighting and defending themselves everyday from insurgents.

As the headline states, he seemed to do rally the troops rather well... I'm glad to see my President supporting our troops like this with a surprise visit. They seemed to be rather happy to see him.

I bet three years go you were against the war am I right? You change you views like you change your underwear this shows just how weak the truth is in your hearts and minds. If you truly believe something nothing else matter like the change of presidents.

He used you people to get elected on a anti-war platform and then once he got into office he ramped up the wars? And no one on your side batted a eye. It is no wonder America is starting to wake up to the fact the progressives are truly paper ass*s who do not believe in what they say.

History will laugh at you. It truly will--- you do not know what you stand for unless you are reading a teleprompter with someone else's ideas. You have got to be the weakest people in history.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I bet three years go you were against the war am I right? You change you views like you change your underwear this shows just how weak the truth is in your hearts and minds. If you truly believe something nothing else matter like the change of presidents.

He used you people to get elected on a anti-war platform and then once he got into office he ramped up the wars? And no one on your side batted a eye. It is no wonder America is starting to wake up to the fact the progressives are truly paper ass*s who do not believe in what they say.

History will laugh at you. It truly will--- you do not know what you stand for unless you are reading a teleprompter with someone else's ideas. You have got to be the weakest people in history.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

The "progressives" in my city had a bring our troops home rally last weekend

I was not in town to attend, but I heard there was a sizable crowd-

You ever gonna get back to the other thread?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
nothing will ever happen to obama because the alternatives are even worse.

hello? biden and pelosi?????????? if you think things are bad now wait til its could be them.

so NOTHING will ever happen.

im pretty sure the us military doesnt think to highly of obama some do-most dont.

im tired of the staged photo ops btw- if obama was a great president he doesnt need to use them as props as hes done so much. yes all presidents have but hes going overboard.

i honestly dont understand why he went.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wasn't he only there for around 4 hours?

What is he actually going to see and experience in that short amount of time?

I guess he goes up and reads the teleprompter in front of the troops and gives new refreshing cons to the troops.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Not at all.. I've supported the war in Afghanistan since it's inception. The war in Iraq was a totally different matter.

You should do your research prior to making such asinine comments about my stances.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Perhaps it is good for him to see it in person.

Maybe he'll visit our drug dealing operations...

I wonder if he gets to take some poppies home on Air Force 1 ?

Knowing his drug use background, maybe he wanted to try some product fresh from the field?

Then again, Obama probably realizes how much cash is generated from these operations and needs some funding for some more over-bloated government programs.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by Signals
Perhaps it is good for him to see it in person.

Maybe he'll visit our drug dealing operations...

I wonder if he gets to take some poppies home on Air Force 1 ?

Knowing his drug use background, maybe he wanted to try some product fresh from the field?

What does his previous pot use have to do with poppies?

Really?

[edit on 30-3-2010 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join