It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama rallies forces on visit to Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Barack Obama rallies forces on visit to Afghanistan

news.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama has arrived in Afghanistan on his first visit to the country since taking office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/3/28 by Magnum007]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/29/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is great news! He will finally see what it's like for these guys over there fighting and defending themselves everyday from insurgents.

I hope that he will also meet some tribal leaders to help him decide on a strategy to enable them to help fight with the different troops.

This could be a constructive trip for the moral of the American troops but it could also be good for the dimming ratings and approval of Obama and his political party...

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
[EDIT TO ADD] Edit to add MSNBC NEWS SOURCE

[edit on 10/3/28 by Magnum007]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 3/29/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Perhaps it is good for him to see it in person.

Maybe he'll visit our drug dealing operations...

I wonder if he gets to take some poppies home on Air Force 1 ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm more concern about the safety issue. Especially lately.. something just doesn't feel right. I'm bothered by it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I'm more concern about the safety issue. Especially lately.. something just doesn't feel right. I'm bothered by it.

I don't understand what you mean... What safety issue exactly is bothering you? On the troops? On Obama?

Mangum

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

That's exactly what I thought, this doesn't seem like a good time to be making a trip like that to me. He got there and went straight to meet the president, sounds like something is up

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
reply to post by Jazzyguy

That's exactly what I thought, this doesn't seem like a good time to be making a trip like that to me. He got there and went straight to meet the president, sounds like something is up

Who else would he meet? He already knows the guy from past meetings and they have serious things to talk about : troop withdrawal, security, etc...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yeah maybe the "false flag against Obama" people are right...this would be a good place to stage it...much harder to verify facts over there.

Envision this:

Obama is "wounded" by "Terrorists", perhaps "funded by Iran"...and BOOM, there you go - attack Iran.

Good plan actually

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

He will finally see what it's like for these guys over there fighting and defending themselves everyday from insurgents.

I pray that it didn't have to take a trip to Afghanistan for him to see what it is like for our troops over there.

He should have gotten that message when he visited Dover and witness the coffins being unloaded or from earlier encounters he has had with our troops.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

He will finally see what it's like for these guys over there fighting and defending themselves everyday from insurgents.

I pray that it didn't have to take a trip to Afghanistan for him to see what it is like for our troops over there.

He should have gotten that message when he visited Dover and witness the coffins being unloaded or from earlier encounters he has had with our troops.

There's a huge difference between saying "I understand" by seeing coffins than "I understand" after being under fire...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Barack, Barack, Barack, Barack.

Who the hell give a poo anymore? Not me.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
President Bush might have been the village idiot and incapable of leading a country, but at least he paid attention and made regular visits to the troops. Including spending holiday festivals over in Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
About time he started giving soldiers some attention.

Hopefully this time around he plays a little less basketball alone and more time meeting and greeting. He should take a page out of W's soldier meeting playbook.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

Originally posted by jam321

There's a huge difference between saying "I understand" by seeing coffins than "I understand" after being under fire...

Magnum

Any fool can be shot at.

Go to a military funeral and hear a roll call. After you see that and then will you truley understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
President Bush might have been the village idiot

[offtopic]If it weren't for the villages and it's people, cities as we know it wouldn't exist today....[/offtopic]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe he'll be introduced to ShIehk El D'isi...........

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I don't understand what you mean... What safety issue exactly is bothering you? On the troops? On Obama?

Mangum

What bothers me is not Barack's safety specifically, but the tension that has been happening lately. It's like a bomb waiting to explode, and only one small incident is needed for that to happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I hope that he will also meet some tribal leaders to help him decide on a strategy to enable them to help fight with the different troops.

I think it would be best left up to the military's to figure out a strategy for different troops to fight together,

I would think that they would have FAR more knowledge and experience than Obama on what would work and what won't.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

The link isn't working for me... Says wrong video ID or something...

Magnum

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join