It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 Problems in Atlanta area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I live in the greater Atlanta metro area and work relativly close to the Lockheed compound in Marietta. This is the Lockheed facility that works on the F-22s.

Anyway, they fly jets around the area quite often, and there is a base around here somewhere too but I'm sorta new to the area so I don't know where. I saw what I thought was an F-22 flying around noon or 1 o'clock on Tuesday, nothing out of the ordinary.

This went on for a while, I was at a nearby pizza place for lunch with a buddy of mine watching the jet fly around. It was really neat until my friend pointed out that it looked like something started to smoke. It soon landed and was out of sight.

Anyone know if there have been problems with the F-22 engines? It's a fly by wire system I think, as all stealth planes are, so I don't know if maybe it was non-engine related. Anyway, anyone else see the same thing or know anything about the F-22s that have been causing problems?

The Big O

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
hmm maybe they were bbqing??? possibly......well anyways....i think they just probably had engine problems or something....well i think they would fix that before 2005 when they submit it into service...maybe they tried to use the after burners but one of the wires as you said they are fly by wire.......burned out or something.....lol i posted and not a single answer came out.....well my best guess is engine

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
manufacturing problems with titanium castings
anomalies in brakes
inertial reference system and environmental control system
nagging fuel leaks
problems with engine low pressure turbine blades,
high pressure turbine blades, and engine combustors
problems with excessive engine vibration
software malfunctions

(Source: www.taxpayer.net/TCS/PressReleases/f-22-99.htm and www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-4608.asp )

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
the list shown above sounds just like Australia's F111 fleet.

And shortly we will be upgrading to the f22. Unfortunately the F1-11 has served it's purpose here and the upgrades will be whole heartedly welcomed.

Chris

top topics

join