It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some Legal advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Please don't be turned off by the length, i really need some opinions, and i trust everyone's here

Well, let me start from the beginning. Me, my cousin, my girlfriends and her friend where downtown last night. My cousin used to work as a bouncer at this particular bar we where at, but quit once he found out the way they operate.

We where in the bar and 3 of his former co-workers come and ask us for our I.D.'s again, after we where already checked 3 times. After this my cousin said we would not be returning to this particular bar due to the fact we where already checked 3 times and no-one else was getting Re-checked.

The bouncer told my cousin to leave, even though he did not ask me to leave the rest of us left as well just because we came as a group. So, once we get outside 2 more bouncers start to harass us for no reason, including myself who said absolutely nothing to these guys. After about 2 minuits of being outside (away from the door, and no longer on club property) the OWNER of the bar, (who also owns 3 other locations in my city) comes over and starts to argue with my cousin as were leaving.

As they were arguing another bouncer came over and proceeded to push my cousin into the street (where cars go, and the club does not own). I began to ask, "Why are you pushing him so far away?"

As i asked that question, the guy who owns the club grabs me with 2 hands by the neck from BEHIND and proceeded to choke me harder than i have ever been choked in my life. i tried to push him off of me, starting to fear for my life as it was just me surrounded by 3 bouncers. He then threw me to the ground and tried to get a shot off on my face but i was blocking from that happening.

After about 3 attempts to hit me after i was on the ground (covering my face) one of the bouncers pulled the club owner off of me, probably realizing that he crossed the line.

MY questing is, am i able to sue this guy in any way? he is a respectable club owner, plus he owns the biggest mixed martial arts gym in my city. and as i said, I said literally nothing to this man. and if there are cameras outside the club i am 100% sure it would go exactly the way i described it here, no embellishment.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ok, yes you can press charges for assault on him.

I am having a hard time believing that you did nothing however. Do you have past experiences with him? Does your cousin or your friend?

There must be some animosity for them to act this way. No respectable club owner just throws a paying customer out on the curb for nothing.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, I just feel we aren't getting the whole story.

If that is the whole story, you have a hell of case since you have witnesses.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Actually, I do believe that the OP could have done nothing. I myself have been on the receiving end of bouncers for no reason. I have 3 scars from 3 seperate incidents regarding bouncers. One of the incidents, the 2nd, was the only time I spoke which was to protest to the bouncer about being man-handled for no reason and that I was an employee of the club!! The MoFo gave me 4 stitches above my eye and threw me onto the street after dragging me through the club, partnered by another bouncer, across the floor by my ankles.

If there are no cameras outside the club mentioned by the OP then I believe you are not fron the UK so I don't know what you can do. I do know that clubs and pubs should/must have CCTV.

Bouncers all over the world are the same. They'll stick together...like police. With no camera evidence and a lack of a few witnesses willing to come forward then you're best just to leave it and not go back to the club.

I handled my situations my own way and cannot allow those antics to grace the pages of such a site as ATS

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

MY cousin used to work for the guy as a bouncer. other than that theey do not have any previous animosity. and i can guarantee that is the whole story. as i said if they have cameras there it will go with this story.

I believe the guy who owned the club was on coke or something else because i have never seen a respctable person get sooo mad at a random in his club.

My cousin did hold animosity towards the guy who kicked him out and even said a few more thing to him saying it wasnt right and that he was abusing his power.

My cousin did not say much to the guy that he had previous animosity towards but he did speak his mind knowing they arent able to hit you for ANY reason.

And where the club owner grabbed me was outside the club and i did not start a fight or do anything to anyone, as i said he came from behind as i was walking further away from the club.

nothing was done to make them think we where trying to fight anyone, as i said my cousin was already off the property and i was in the process of walking off when he grabbed me for absolutely no reason....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I assume there were other unassociated witnesses to the incident. Call the police and have them charged. Simple really.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

I have 3 witnesses and im not sure about them having cameras outside the club, there where 2 police officers on the scene that i showed my initial damage to and i still have there car #.

Even tho i was at the club i was not drunk and i was thinking straight to make sure i got all information available at that moment.

I would expect this stuff from steroid raged bouncers but not the club owner.....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Look for camera footage from area businesses or other people who may have filmed it.

This has happened to me as well. The only difference is that I fought back and got in some good licks.

Some bouncers remind me of that bald headed guy on operation repo. They are just itching for a fight.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
since there was no actual damage done, if you sue, it is a b*%$# made move of someone looking for a quick buck, and 95% of the time the court will throw it out....

as far as pressing charges on the club owner, you have EVERY RIGHT...
as it is assault and battery...

if you do press charges, never ever step foot into any of the bars the guy owns again, for your own safety...

you really should have pressed charges last night however, that will really probably get the guy off scott free, since you didn't press charges at the time of the incident... looks suspicious that is all...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
Please don't be turned off by the length, i really need some opinions, and i trust everyone's here

Well, let me start from the beginning. Me, my cousin, my girlfriends and her friend where downtown last night. My cousin used to work as a bouncer at this particular bar we where at, but quit once he found out the way they operate.

We where in the bar and 3 of his former co-workers come and ask us for our I.D.'s again, after we where already checked 3 times. After this my cousin said we would not be returning to this particular bar due to the fact we where already checked 3 times and no-one else was getting Re-checked.

I only know AZ law. There is nothing you can do about the owner asking your cousin to leave his establishment. But the assult is a differant story. The answer is yes you can sue him but only if you have a police report in place. Check with your state victims rights they have victim right activists for every state. Your state is obligated by law to inform you of your rights as a victim. Please feel free to contact me anytime if you need more help.

The bouncer told my cousin to leave, even though he did not ask me to leave the rest of us left as well just because we came as a group. So, once we get outside 2 more bouncers start to harass us for no reason, including myself who said absolutely nothing to these guys. After about 2 minuits of being outside (away from the door, and no longer on club property) the OWNER of the bar, (who also owns 3 other locations in my city) comes over and starts to argue with my cousin as were leaving.

As they were arguing another bouncer came over and proceeded to push my cousin into the street (where cars go, and the club does not own). I began to ask, "Why are you pushing him so far away?"

As i asked that question, the guy who owns the club grabs me with 2 hands by the neck from BEHIND and proceeded to choke me harder than i have ever been choked in my life. i tried to push him off of me, starting to fear for my life as it was just me surrounded by 3 bouncers. He then threw me to the ground and tried to get a shot off on my face but i was blocking from that happening.

After about 3 attempts to hit me after i was on the ground (covering my face) one of the bouncers pulled the club owner off of me, probably realizing that he crossed the line.

MY questing is, am i able to sue this guy in any way? he is a respectable club owner, plus he owns the biggest mixed martial arts gym in my city. and as i said, I said literally nothing to this man. and if there are cameras outside the club i am 100% sure it would go exactly the way i described it here, no embellishment.

new topics

top topics

join