It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel PM blames Palestinians for hindering talks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I never said that I was God's chosen,the Israelis are God's
chosen people.I am just a sinner saved by God's grace.
The end of this age will mark the beginning of a darker age.
Only because of the elect will those dark days be shortened.

and my point being proven, i couldnt give a TOSS that your not the chosen but think the Israelis are,

makes no diffrence to me, just history repeating its self.
all nutters in history have said they are Gods chosen or doing Gods work when it comes to commiting crimes. Israel isnt any diffrent

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You know this blind blaming of the Israelis gets a bit old sometimes...

Yes, the Israelis have screwed the pooch on any number of fronts on this issue...

But...

So to have the Palestinians. Rocket attacks on settlements. Suicide bombers attacking buses, and restaurants...

Can you people not see that there is blame to be shared by BOTH SIDES?

But if you feel it necessary to go on blaming just one side, feel free. Just don't be amazed when the Palestinians step on the old crank with golf spikes on either...

Pressed the enter button too soon...

Benjamin Netanyahu is an Israeli. What in the hell did you all expect him to say? For crying out loud, politicians live on rhetoric. Of course, he's going to show Israel in the best light possible. As do the Palestinians when they practice their rhetoric...

It'll be news when they blame themselves for holding up the peace process...

[edit on 3/29/2010 by seagull]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

But...

So to have the Palestinians. Rocket attacks on settlements. Suicide bombers attacking buses, and restaurants...

Dude, the old "every action doesn't have to have a reaction" also gets pretty old.

Go create an apartheid on New York, see if they throw rockets and the kitchen sink at you and your illegal settlements.

Throwing rockets at your oppressors that condemns you to an open air prison is not specific to palestine, anyone with half of the self-awareness that the average person has would also want to fight back.

I don't want to focus on the palestine/israeli conflict here but... your kind of way off.

The UN, the U.S., and International Law all consider the settlements as illegal and geneva considers white phophorus as illegal.

come on man

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Netanyahu tried to form a coalition with Livni and she refused.

She should have taken up the offer.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Yes, the Israelis have screwed the pooch on any number of fronts on this issue...

But...

Can you people not see that there is blame to be shared by BOTH SIDES?

But if you feel it necessary to go on blaming just one side, feel free. Just don't be amazed when the Palestinians step on the old crank with golf spikes on either...

as much as palestinians are to also blame, when it comes to the bigger picture Israel does more to cause issues to any peace processs.
since its the one side which seems to give the one finger salute when it comes to peace deals.

feel free to shout about how people only blame israel,
and its both sides. at the end of the Day israel compared to the nutters next door is a bigger one.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What I'm saying, dude, is that there is more than one wrong side here. The Palestinians carry a lot of the blame here too...save of course, for the innocents caught in the crossfire. Innocents on both sides.

They are, the Israelis and Palestinians, both wrong. Blindly following their hatred down paths that lead no where.

I've no dog in this fight. My views on the Israelis are not what they once were. I would just as soon depart the region all together and let the idiots kill each other... At least it'll be over, and maybe, just maybe, the survivors can live in peace with each other.

Given half a chance, they've proven they can many times.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I would bet over half of the Jews in Israel don't even read the Talmud.

The US uses White Phosphorous far more than Israel.

If you so blindly support israel, doesn't that mean you hate Jesus?

That is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
er....who is right or wrong is immaterial. Bloodshed is about to occur on both sides, and it will be the innocent civilians in body bags.

I am sure the world will continue to call for Israeli restraint. But is anybody, even the peaceful palestinians themselves, calling for restraint from its militant and agenda seeking foriegners hidden amongst them???

This madness and spilling of innocent blood has got to end....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

and its both sides. at the end of the Day israel compared to the nutters next door is a bigger one.

You got it right. It's both sides, that's all I've ever said. I'm not the one losing track here...

The Israelis attack. The Palestinians attack. Repeat as necessary apparently. Peace talks are attempted (this is a cool thing). Something happens. Either the Palestinians attack, or the Israelis do... Then the whole damned cycle starts over again...

Both sides are guilty of attempted genocide. There are no saints here. None. Not the one's doing the killing, or the ones tacitly condoning it, rather than condemning it.

When we cast blame about, let's be sure to share it out to all the deserving parties. Not just the ones we happen to disagree with politically.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I understand what you are saying seagull, and if I wasn't as up to date on the situation as I am i would very much agree with you.

There is blame that goes both ways I agree, however... to say that blame equally goes to each side is painting a very unfair picture.

See to just say that blame is on both sides does infer that both are in the same playing ground and that is where you and me part ways opinion wise.

Israel have some of the best trained troops in the world, they are stockpiling and get free weapons from left and right, even fighter jets and have created an open air prison inside a wall with robot snipers all around it. And they keep builing more and more illegal settlements until israel keeps expanding with orthodox jewish settlers more and more.

While Gazans on the other hand, they are hungry, some of them eat grass for food, israel blockaded them, no medical supplies, no doctors, no chance for business growth... nothing! Only recent has israel allowed them to export flowers.

Look at this:

Israel will allow a shipment of clothes and shoes to be delivered to Palestinians in the Gaza Strip for the first time in its almost three-year-old tight blockade of the enclave, Palestinian officials said on Monday.
Its long list of controlled goods also includes items that critics say have no apparent military value, such as children's crayons and books.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Imagine if you lived in Gaza, living around a wall of snipers, no chance of economic growth and IDF troops coming in and out and even being allowed to come into your own to use it as a sniper front.

Now..... imagine you live in Israel with national medicare.

Completely different picture isn't it?

See I understand what you are saying, I really do.
But to say blames goes both ways when the playing field both are playing in is worlds apart makes it too wrong to say that imo.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

With the disparity in firepower there is some truth to what you say. I don't think I've ever actually said the blame should be equally shared...though I may have inadvertently implied that... Apologies all around.

The Palestinians have legitimate grievances. The inability to move freely being one, and perhaps the biggest. But do the Israelis not have a right to protect themselves? That is the stated reason for this tactic. Whether or not I believe them, is something else entirely... For every reaction, there is/was an action that precipitated it. We can go back, quite literally, centuries to find "actions" that justify, supposedly, reaction.

We aren't as far off on this topic as it might, at first blush, seem. I am, in no way, condoning the actions of the Israelis. I understand where they're coming from, but I don't agree with them. There has to be a better way. Though how the heck they're going to find one is a mystery to me.

though one idea might be for all the outsiders...arab, anglo, et al...to get out of the region, or at least reduce the influence.

On a personal note: Please understand, I'm not out to cause animosity, but I have strong feelings about this topic. If I have, in any shape, fashion, or form; insulted or angered anyone...I do humbly apologize. That certainly wasn't my intent.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Oh no worries at all, none whatsover
I didn't at all take what you were saying in a negative way.

As you said you have no dog in this fight
I as well, i'm neither palestinian nor muslim.

we are both just commenting and having a friendly debate
we can disagree and still be friends, no problem at all
perhaps my tone could have been nicer, if so I do apologize

I do enjoy debating, I do feel strongly on certain topics
but I never take anything personally

Anyhow, I do get what you are saying
If we go further in the past palestianians weren't a group I would defend

but check this video

I guess people like you and me could only pray for peace
at the end of the day that's what both you and me want

peace!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Someone should invade Israel, put all the Israelis in prison camps, bulldoze their homes, steal their possessions, and then when they protest, accuse them of being against peace.

Israel is pro-peace like North Korea is pro-democracy.

[edit on 3/29/2010 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Amen.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

May I ask you, with all sincerity, what exactly that would accomplish?

Two wrongs don't make a right. Never has, and never will.

Israel has been wrong. They've invaded, for reasons that seem good to them, other nations. But then again, they've been invaded by other nations. Many of the citizens of Israel have been, or have relatives who have been, persecuted in other parts of the world. This has to have had an effect on the way they conduct their foreign policies. The phrase "never again" is the guiding principle behind virtually every decision they make. Not saying they're right...just saying that's how they think. They'll go to almost any extreme to protect themselves..."never again".

So, in order to chastise them, you would persecute them. Needless to say, that won't/wouldn't work.

Look up "Samson" in regards to Israeli nuclear options. I think you'll find that invasion is not a good idea...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You're basically confirming the fact that the Khazars are psychopathic... which is correct. That is the exact reason they SHOULDN'T' have nuclear weapons. I think if they have the Samson Option, other countries should be able to have it too. I certainly don't think they should have an opinion on the affairs of any other country than their own. I mean, they have enough issues to deal with.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The motto of Israel:Never Again!
This is what happens when a people are oppressed for
thousands of years.They have been abused,tortured...
they have turned into abusers themselves.
I don't always agree with everything that Israel does.
I don't agree with everything my country does either.
As a christian,studying the jewish roots of my faith,I
have to side with Israel.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
As a christian,studying the jewish roots of my faith,I
have to side with Israel.

and this is the very reason that the place is so messed up
religous nutters blindly following others because their faith dictates them to,
guess you would have agreed with hitler at the time as most germans did because he showed them it was apart of their race and faith to purge the world of jews?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TSawyer

No, they're paranoid. Not quite the same thing. The Israeli Jew knows, not thinks, knows the world is out to get them. Read a history book, and they bear out the paranoia. Not defending it, it's the way they look at the world, and that's not going to change anytime soon. Especially when there is so much hatred out there aimed at them.

The same can be said, almost word for word, about the people of Islam... They too know, not think, know that they can't trust the west. History has proven that, too.

These peace talks are a grand idea, and I pray that these go rounds actually accomplish some good. It would be a wondrous thing indeed if, for even a little while, both sides could set aside their hatred...justified or not...and try to live together in something resembling harmony.

That, however, seems unlikely. Too many of us, those living in the region, and those who don't...seem to have a vested interest in continuing the hate. Something will happen to derail them. Always has, and unless some miracle occurs, always will. On this topic, I would cheer from the rooftops to be proven wrong.

To blame one side in this matter, is to ignore the reality of the situation. It takes at least two sides to have a conflict.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join