It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel PM blames Palestinians for hindering talks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Israel PM blames Palestinians for hindering talks

news.theage.com.au

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has infuriated Washington by expanding settlements in east Jerusalem, on Sunday blamed the Palestinians for blocking US peace efforts.

His remarks came after the Palestinians reiterated their refusal to hold even indirect talks without a complete settlement freeze and in the wake of a flare-up of violence in the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
And Bibi has the gall to say the Palestinians "do not show any sign of moderation"...

Over and over again its pots and kettles with Israel...

The simple reality is that Palestinians should not and will not accept any "settlement" which does not include east Jerusalem as the capital of their nation...

And why should they, given Israel's illegal annexation of the area during the 1967 war ?

We also have the Israeli finance minister saying "Sooner or later we will liquidate the military regime of the pro-Iranian Hamas which controls the Gaza Strip"

And Israel honestly expects the Palestinians, or rest of the world, for that matter, to believe it is sincere in its desire for peace ? Gimme a break...Most of us weren't born yesterday, Israel...

If Israel genuinely wants peace it has to deal and negotiate with whomever is the elected representative of the Palestinian people, and right now that is Hamas...If in the future the Palestinian people elect another organisation to act on its behalf, then Israel will have to negotiate with this organisation...

Abbas and Fatah have proven hopelessly unable and unwilling to protect Palestinians from Israeli aggression...Instead, they're perfectly happy sitting like pigs with their snouts in the trough of international aid that is supposed to improve the lot of the Palestinian people, plundering this aid for themselves...

Fatah has betrayed Palestinians through its inaction to provide security for the Palestinian people and theft of international aid...It clearly cannot be trusted to negotiate with anyone about anything on behalf of Palestinians...

If Israel is serious about peace and a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and harmony, it needs to halt further building in Palestinian territories including east Jerusalem and it needs to remove all settlements previously built in Palestinian territories and move its settlers to Israeli territory...

The Palestinian people should accept nothing less, IMHO...

news.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Whenever Netanyahu opens his mouth, you know that nothing but propaganda and BS will come pouring out! The irony of his statement that the Palestinians are holding up peace talks is... well... simply sickening. Does this asshat not recognize that perhaps it is the continued annexing of land that is NOT theirs that might be holding up the peace talks??? Honestly!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Its funny...

My overly conservative air force retiree father and I were chatting. I simply asked his opinion as of late about Israel..He typically is kneejerk protect Israel our biggest ally yadda yadda puppet talking head nonsense.

He seems confused as of late. of course he went on about how israel is our greatest ally and standard right wing talking points, then he added a but in there...and started voicing his general frustration at what he knows is happening now..and for the first time since the election, he almost...almost agreed that Obama was doing something good in regards to the tough love stance.

Even the most blind sheep can see israel is being moronic.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Whenever Netanyahu opens his mouth, you know that nothing but propaganda and BS will come pouring out! The irony of his statement that the Palestinians are holding up peace talks is... well... simply sickening. Does this asshat not recognize that perhaps it is the continued annexing of land that is NOT theirs that might be holding up the peace talks??? Honestly!

Exactly Kozmo, Bibi isn't the most sincere politician I've ever seen...

Interestingly tho, it seems the Labour Party are apparently meeting next week to discuss whether they should quit the coalition they have with Likud....

Meaning Bibi may not be PM for much longer...

Its a shame a sensible moderate like Tzipi Livni & Kadima weren't able to form a coalition and govern after the elections in 2009...That may well have seen a real opportunity for lasting peace to materialise between the Israelis and Palestinians...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Really Saturn ?

That's a good thing...Maybe that shows that the rest of the world, even Israels most ardent supporters, are finally getting tired of its bull# and insincerity with regard to wanting peace...

edit - grammar

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yes, I would very much like to see some moderation on the part of the Israeli government. They have not put forth any genuine efforts at peace - the whole world sees this, except for the Israelis. The only path forward is WITHOUT any zionists at the helm!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yes, I would very much like to see some moderation on the part of the Israeli government. They have not put forth any genuine efforts at peace - the whole world sees this, except for the Israelis. The only path forward is WITHOUT any zionists at the helm!

Indeed...

It does seem ideology is the greatest barrier toward establishing peace, on the Israeli side that is...

The Zionists in the Knesset do seem to call the shots, and whilst this continues, peace seems to be but a pipe dream

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It's official! Netanyahu's either suffering kind of dementia or he is a complete moron!

IRM :shk:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's official! Netanyahu's either suffering kind of dementia or he is a complete moron!

IRM :shk:

You may well be right, IRM

Or he maybe he's simply speaking as the Zionist he is...Hard to tell really

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

got to hand it to the Israelis

i mean its never their fault nothing works out

they seem to stick the middle finger at everyone if things go south and they dont like it,

hey what can we do when we have nutters like him in charge, he was voted in by right wing Nutters.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by Retrovertigo

got to hand it to the Israelis

i mean its never their fault nothing works out

they seem to stick the middle finger at everyone if things go south and they dont like it,

hey what can we do when we have nutters like him in charge, he was voted in by right wing Nutters.

!00% correct on all counts, IMO...Indeed...As I said in an earlier post, if only Kadima had been able to form a government, if only *sighs*

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Anyone, who believes there will be peace in the middle-east,
if Israel would give in to demands by the palestian authority is...
Delusional and quilty of wishful thinking.The Israelis won't give
up land for peace and they won't divide Jerusalem.

I support Israel and her God given right to the land!
Barukh Ha Mevarekh et ammo Yisrael Ba Shalom
(Blessed be he who blesses His people with peace)

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Anyone, who believes there will be peace in the middle-east,
if Israel would give in to demands by the palestian authority is...
Delusional and quilty of wishful thinking.The Israelis won't give
up land for peace and they won't divide Jerusalem.

I support Israel and her God given right to the land!
Barukh Ha Mevarekh et ammo Yisrael Ba Shalom
(Blessed be he who blesses His people with peace)

Hi Mamabeth
i already know your stance here due to prior ats convos with you
but.... don't you want peace?

If you love Israel so much why do you want the state to be in a constant state of evil? Why do you want the jewish settlers to be in danger for..... like forever?

What Israel is doing is downright evil, perhaps even demonic.
I'm sure that's not what your god wants, am I wrong?

Let me ask you, do you think God or the Devil would want Israel to use white phosphorus causing birth defects even today to innocent civilians?

Isn't you supporting such ungodly behavior even worse than woshipping a golden horse? If Cyrus the great was alive right now he would free palestine probably and return those he freed long long ago back into exile.

These people that you support, you only blindly support them because of the Old Testament, but you support the OT more than them, their ultimate book is not the OT but the Talmud.

The Talmud, the same scriptures that hates Jesus so much that it says that Jesus is being punished in hell and is being tortured in boiling hot human waste. It evens says that the Virgin Mary is a nothing more than a harlot.

Even the Quran considers Jesus a prophet while the Talmud blasphemizes Jesus every chance it gets. Why do you think so many in Israel spit on Christians? It is because of the teachings of the Talmud! When passing a cemetary they curse non-jews and spit 3-4 times because of passages in the Talmud.

If you so blindly support israel, doesn't that mean you hate Jesus?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

There won't be any peace until Jesus/Yeshua returns.
When the Messiah/Mashiach returns,He will restore the
world to what it was before the fall.
I support Israel because they are God's chosen people.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

i am with mamabeth, the religous nutters will be the end of Palestine and israel.

both are guided by fause pretenses and deluded values that they are GODS chosen and anyone that believes that really needs to see a shrink

the end will come to them and it wont be by some mistricical force but by man made weapons.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Everything seems to show that another great Gaza attack is soon on its way - and of course Palestinians are to blame from it. Syria and Lebanon just give yesterday advise to palestinian authorities that further negotiations are useless.

This time its going to escalate - thats for sure.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was reading through some of my old threads and found the following post from the first of June 2009:

Israeli proposal: Make Jordan the official Palestinian homeland

Amman, Jordan; and Jerusalem - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and senior members of his cabinet have pushed back hard against a renewed US demand to end settlement activity in the occupied Palestinian territories. Interior Minister Eli Yishai said Sunday that it amounted to "expulsion."

But 53 Israeli parliamentarians have moved to explore another kind of expulsion: Under a proposal to be reviewed this week, Jordan would become the official homeland for Palestinians now living in the

link to thread

Need I say more?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There will always be religious zealots in every religion, but they are NOT representatives of the whole. The Christian zealots will claim the Jews murdered a Son of the Almighty, while the Jewish zealots will claim the Christians are wrong in their interpretations, and the Muslim zealots will say both the Jews and Christians are infidels and death to them all

But are these the perceptions of majority of the religious faithful people? Nope. Most of them practice tolerance and peace.

Only zealots get others into trouble, thus we, humans must always beware of zealots and their BS, wash our hands clean off them and never to even qoute them, for they will only harm and hurt others.

As for the Palestine issue, for those who are religious, there are thousands of qoutes and verses to support one stance to the other amongst the 3 faiths involved.

To allow the religious folks to come out with a solution will only be impossible. Thus, let's live and let live, and let the return of the Messiah be the answer to resolve the theological aspects.

Therefore, for the secular aspects while waiting for the 'return', both sides must come on to the negotiating table to resolve the secular issues of living.

The Israelis do have enough land to house their own people without setting up more settlements on victorious areas. The peaceful Palestinians do NOT need the palestinian militants or foreign agenda seekers to influence their own society or dictate how they should live and love.

Such militancy, zealotry and pawning of the innocent civilians will only hinder peace efforts by the world.

May all of us help to resolve this issue, by talking to our families, relatives friends and elected officials. The 60 years of violence on both sides and to the world must end today and now.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

i am with mamabeth, the religous nutters will be the end of Palestine and israel.

both are guided by fause pretenses and deluded values that they are GODS chosen and anyone that believes that really needs to see a shrink

the end will come to them and it wont be by some mistricical force but by man made weapons.

I never said that I was God's chosen,the Israelis are God's
chosen people.I am just a sinner saved by God's grace.
The end of this age will mark the beginning of a darker age.
Only because of the elect will those dark days be shortened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join