It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I know its Fox News which I know many assume just lies about everything but here is a blurp about the deal in Michigan

www.foxnews.com... ity-midwest/

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was told by a police officer in Ohio that the groups and individuals being sought out are neo-Nazi skinheads. Apparently, they were threatening to kill police officers. There were 2 individuals that were arrested in Sandusky and Huron, Ohio. He told me there were close to 50 FBI agents in town yesterday. They had also brought armored vehicles with them. This sounds like it is a very serious situation.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.mlive.com...

Jackson's religious community, other citizens organize gathering in response to white pride march
By Aaron Aupperlee | Jackson Citizen Patrio...
March 24, 2010, 5:02PM
Jackson’s diverse religious community and other concerned citizens have planned a gathering Sunday in response to last weekend’s white pride march.

The CommUnity Gathering will include song, word, prayer and meditation and take place at 3 p.m. at Blackman Park in front of the First Congregational Church at W. Michigan Avenue and S. Jackson Street, said Jon Hart, who is helping organize the event.

“We’re talking about race and diversity and what it means to be a community,” Hart said. “We’re trying to keep it positive and not really dwell on what happened last week.”

He said the service will include people from different religious and racial groups in Jackson and focus on how everyone can exist as one community. The event was organized through Jackson-area churches but is open to anyone who did not support last Sunday’s white pride march.

Last weekend, about 10 white pride supporters marched from Loomis Park down Edgewood Street and onto E. Michigan Avenue. Marchers turned around at N. Park Street and headed back to the park. About 100 protesters followed the march.

Could be a race thing. There was a white power march last weekend and was to be followed by a protest to that march this weekend.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is the latest on the raids!

Now, allow me to be clear. I am not certain I believe the report and have developed a DEEP skepticism of the media and law enforcement. BUT... it appears tha basis of the arrests were due to threats made against area Islamic organizations, persons and mosques. Under current Federal Hate Laws, these threats constitute a terrorist threat. So... whatever. This is what I know so far.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 128bitninja
Also, I have been finding information on the Christian Militia groups planing something for Palm Sunday.
ummm..Today is Palm Sunday of course you knew that not being a butt.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
From Miltiaradio.com

[04:13] mark_Koernke_ I just left a shouting match about 20 minutes ago with a little over a hundred militiamen who are on the move right now. The arguement was over not if but rather where to hit them. Trying to calm them down was useless and they are not going to let this lie. They will identify the straglers or pickets first and wipe them out. By what the radiio crew said the recon teams have all of the hiddy holes
[04:14] mark_Koernke_ …IDed for those they moved in and the group is infiltrating to site as we speak. I hope the locals are smart enough to step out of the way.
[04:16] mark_Koernke_ this is interesting for we may have live vids from the epicanter as it developes.
[04:16] mark_Koernke_ …epicenter…
[04:34] mark_Koernke_ sorry about that , just got off one of our back up phones with another militia unit commander. His first comment was “Well Mark, I guess that we aren’t going to chirch this morning.”
[04:35] mark_Koernke_ He then told me that as he was packing up his LBE and weapons into the armored truck he has that he asked his wife to bring the congregation together to say a prayer for the militia that may be going to war this sunday.”
[04:37] mark_Koernke_ His wife was crying in the background(I could hear her) and he said he had kissed his children good by and was now going out the door. He is a two war vet and young. He has killed many times before and she knows his moods
[04:39] mark_Koernke_ she is a good woman with two young sons. they are all supportive of the militia.
[04:40] mark_Koernke_ By what I understand the unit commander on the ground and the coordinator is the 4th RCT CMM second company commander. Good man and level headed.
[04:41] mark_Koernke_ He put out a notice that if they decide to attack they will not talk to the other side before hand or try to “talk things down” He is a good warrior and a BULL HEAD. I do not think that he will take ANY prisoners either
[04:42] mark_Koernke_ He was there in 1972 for the second tet offensive

I think these guys are hardcore.....

-Kdial1

Ok guys, but what about this?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I found this through google. Seems things are shaping up to be very interesting. Perhaps, seeing as the local Militia declined help, if thats true, the Task force may have been warranted in their actions. I prefer to assume the best and prepare for the worst. I assume that with the local Militia declining to assist that mean that they had no objection to the actions that were taken.
Either way stash you guns, stock the canned goods and keep your eyes open.
It also seems that several local news sources are making a connection to the "Michigan Militia" though their not providing any real information as to how.

P.S. DON'T give them a reason to dispense with you.

www.detnews.com...

[edit on 28-3-2010 by UnlawfullPriest]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

it seems to me that the hutaree militia were outcasts amongst the militia groups throughout the area although there are videos on yuotube that show them training with other non-religious militias... seeing as how they arrested only 3-10 people at most right now it makes you wonder what the ones who havent been arrested are going to do. will this just make hutaree that much more radical? will they do something about this? and you'd think with as much media attention that pale horse garnered that his arrest would make the news yet it hasnt...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I cannot find anything anywhere in the Hutarees own words that say they were threatening anybody?
Did y'all see something that I haven't seen, 'cause the media can put anything they want to out there, and people will believe it. I wanna see with my own eyes their threats towards Muslims , or anyone else, for that matter!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I agree, I'm starting to feel ruefully inadequate over here with my lone shot gun, LOL. However I am secure in the fact that the neighborhood I live in is avoided by cops unless completely necessary. This is not due to dangerous conditions but more due to community policing. I'm choosing to think of this as a good thing... don't pop my bubble, I'd rather not spend the day at the gun store spending my savings for piece of mind. LOL.

I can't find any directed statements towards ANYONE by this group, However their website is very organized and has a lot of useful info. How ever their list of things such as " the retail price of the beast $659.95" is ridiculous. Beyond the religious rhetoric I see no reason to think anything beyond they are prepared individuals.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by UnlawfullPriest]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

So you won't believe it unless they publicly announce their threats??? In general...when people are planning on murdering people...they don't publicly announce it.

I hope this wakes up a lot of internet revolutionaries on here. Your local police, county police, and state police WILL AID the feds in arresting you as soon as you give them just cause. And it won't stop there...state national gaurd and national military would do the same thing if ordered. If they are asked to aid in detaining a group because this group is planning attacks on American citizens...you are naive if you think they wouldn't comply.

Personally...I think those on here that advocate violent revolution and targeting of elected officials or government workers have given them more than enough reason to come knocking on (or breaking down) your door. It doesn't matter if you think they are corrupt...or by your interpretation they aren't following the constitution..they are American citizens and it would be their job to protect them. If they are really corrupt...then let the law deal with them...instead of having the law dealing with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I do not agree with any organization that promotes hate, or uses religion to justify hate towards other religions. I haven't seen but one reference to a member of a militia being part of this snafu. There will always be crazy people within any organization. Just because a person is part of a militia doesn't mean they are going along with the ideals of that militia.

I guess we wait to hear what the official verdict is and decide from there.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help. That Michigan militia leader is now working with federal officials to provide information on the Hutaree member for the investigation, Lackomar said Sunday.

"They are more of survivalist group and in an emergency they withdraw and stand their ground. They are actively training to be alongside Jesus," he said.

From The Detroit News: www.detnews.com...

Thought this was odd,

One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help.

So there is Islamic militia, or members?, there goes the all white theory.

[edit on 033131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Sealed warrants, how convenient. Could be sealed BLANK warrants as far as anybody is concerned just waiting to be filled out with convenient information.

Question: What is even the PURPOSE of a sealed warrant? Aren't the party/parties in question allowed to see a copy of the warrant if they request to do so? I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't think that anyone is looking for a line on the front page of their website saying "lets kill the Muslim scum!!" However there doesn't seem to be ANY aggressive statements made by them anywhere. Most large groupings of people let their true beliefs filter though. Ever heard of a Freudian slip? I cannot find anything that even lends me to believe that they are anything more then Bible thumpers in camo? No offense meant to the Christian members. Can you find anything? If so please inform us.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've been following this story for the past several hours and it has occured to me that the Feds now know more about the tactics these groups use thanks to this "operation". I can't help but to believe that while they may have had the paperwork requied to pull this off TPTB now know what web sites were visited, when, by whom and what calls went out. Still finding it hard to find any information other than this web site. Thanks to all of you for keeping up on this story.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thankfully this does not look like a all out offensive against the militias but a targeted operation against radicals. Just because you might think the government is not the best right now don't let it cloud your views of the world, radicals are just as dangerous no matter what side they are on.

We need level headed people running the show on both sides. And I for one am glad to see if the story is true some radicals off the street. And thank God they did not use it to blanket all militias. I think this shows that maybe things are not as bad as they may look.

Just like the Korea thing they could have used it to go to war. And now this they could have used it to go after all of them and make the pieces fit as they go. Sometimes the way we view things can go to far and we lose sight of the truth.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Patriot act allows for Terror task forces, permanently chartered of temporary to hold open warrants for swift use. The moment the word "Terrorist" is thrown in the rules disappear.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Their web site?

www.hutaree.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 043131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

I found this on youtube.com I think this is a decent message and should help dispel Some of the Stereotypical assumptions made about militia groups.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I don't know how to imbed this Videos, if you know how, Send me instructions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join