It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Federal Raid in Lenawee County

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How many died?
what? all those guns and the so calld
mad men did not kill any one?

one down how many groups left to go.
you NEVER did have any freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax
These guys need to go play Modern War 2, and get it out of their system.

I DO NOT like that the news is making it out that a militia having shotguns is a bad thing or 'dangerous'. They are LEGAL.

What I DO NOT like is militia having automatic weapons. They are illegal, and showing them off on youtube is how these boneheads got busted I'm sure.

[edit on 3/30/2010 by Pharyax]

Dude, fully auto weapons are legit in the USA if you pay the stamp tax on them.
Chill out.
My guess is this is a raid to big up the Feds and try and rattle the more 'established' militia out there.
The so-called silence from the other militia folks out there on this is deafening...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Isn't it though? Almost like a calm before a storm.

I noticed as I ventured the web, half the fake militia sites are rattling their cages.

I find it ironic that over the last couple years, that the upswing in recruiting in militias has gone up. Ever wonder if that is because half these recruiting are fake militias. Set up to entrap unsuspecting people into sweeping federal funded CIP.

The feds sometimes are like glass, as invisible as anything.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by Logarock
bible and gun clingers.

From the wedding of David and Tina Stone in december (sourced from facebook). Nothing says high class wedding like those down in the concrete bunker in fatigues bearing arms...

POW-POW-POW!

[edit on 30-3-2010 by melatonin]

This looks like it could pass for a Weather Underground marriage. Bill and Bernadine got married whiel on the lamb even.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

And they are doing wonders with camo these days. So many stylish options.

www.sarnotux.com...

Isn't it illegal for cousins to marry?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well it does look more like WV. Hard to believe its Michigan.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The U.S. attorney leading the prosecution against 9 suspected members of a Mich.-based Christian militia says investigators had been watching the group for some time and felt compelled to act based on an imminent threat against police. (March 30)

[edit on 3/30/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Logarock

Thats the problem with people, a few people do something wrong and suddenly everyone is stereotyped and scapegoated. It happens on the left and the right.

If people use the Hutaree sect as a way to scapegoat all militas, that would be wrong.

Its just as wrong as using the Taliban to scapegoat the Mujihadeen. In reality, they are two different entities.

Well said!
If the group isn't stereotyped as Christian(Fundy) then it is slapped on as Nazi, or both!
It's what the power, and the media wants, because to many people would be on the side of a "freedom loving patriot militia"... which obviously(?) the group in question was not.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by dreamingawake]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Let this be a lesson to everyone.

Your a law abiding gun owner until you piss off somebody, then you become a terrorist. All of this is on the say so of some disgruntled mom who is pissed jr. picked dad over her. No wonder, dad let him shoot guns.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I say this without prejudice; just pure curiosity.

As an Australian, this situation, and the reaction it sparks within ATS completely shocks and amazes me (and it takes ALOT to shock me!).

Do you truly have this number of militia groups running around fields, planning on overthrowing the established Government?

Is there truly that much pent up hatred and mistrust that these groups have somewhat quasi followings in the real world?

I certainly don't mean to sound ignorant, but this is so far removed from the world and country I live in, that I can't help but sit here with my jaw hanging open.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Y'all seen this thread yet, on excercise "Solid Curtain" held last week here in USA, by our military...?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
According to reports thus far all the weapons confiscated were legal and obtained legally.

There were no bombs, nor were there ever any.

The group did attempt to make firecracker type of explosives using cardboard tubes without any shrapnel, but they were not even capable of making fireworks and the FBI agent had to teach them how to make them work.

Thus it appears without the training & assistance from the FBI agent these guys couldn't even make a decent firecracker.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discontent
I say this without prejudice; just pure curiosity.

As an Australian, this situation, and the reaction it sparks within ATS completely shocks and amazes me (and it takes ALOT to shock me!).

Do you truly have this number of militia groups running around fields, planning on overthrowing the established Government?

Is there truly that much pent up hatred and mistrust that these groups have somewhat quasi followings in the real world?

I certainly don't mean to sound ignorant, but this is so far removed from the world and country I live in, that I can't help but sit here with my jaw hanging open.

The answer to your question is, Yes. The simplist way to put it...things are getting tiresome.

Not to say that you suggested it, but I would like to point out that it isn't crazy people forming these militias either. People in the United States are beginning to understand that the government is creating and passing into law an agenda that isn't in the best interest for the people. No, this isn't a NWO/Illuminati statement. It's about corporations and kickbacks for votes. America is truly turning, if not already turned, into a fascist state and most people know it to be true. The people may not understand what a fascist state is, but they do know when laws are being setup against them.

Also, even the traditionally Pro-government people in the US have realized that things are changing. During the Vietnam War there were violent riots all over the nation, but the pro-government (during the 60s this group would have been the middle class, roughly over 40) stayed firm in their belief that the war was necessary. It wasn't until Walter Cronkite announced that he believed the war was not winnable that the pro-government group turned and demanded an end to the war.

“That’s it. If I’ve lost Cronkite, I’ve lost middle America.”
-President Johnson

Just a quote from a Founding Father.

"In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, — if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other." — Benjamin Franklin

The Founding Fathers recognized that the very system they were creating for a free nation could be abused and tyranny could reign if left unchecked. Hence, the 2nd amendment.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As you can see, the 2nd amendment is actually less about gun ownership and more about being able to form armed militias made up of regular citizens.

It is hard to understand what America is going through if you haven't lived here. In the eyes of the world we are seen as arrogant, ignorant, hate filled, war mongers. These militias that are popping up are proof that we are not. They stand for the very ideals that America stands for because these militias are formed from the very citizens of this country. Don't get me wrong, there are groups out there like the Nazis and other hate groups, but they do not represent the majority.

Lastly, no one should be amazed or shocked. This is what our Founding Father intended to happen in a time of crisis.

It's part of the plan.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
-Abraham Lincoln

[edit on 1-4-2010 by A NeWorlDisorder]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by A NeWorlDisorder

People in the United States are beginning to understand that the government is creating and passing into law an agenda that isn't in the best interest for the people. No, this isn't a NWO/Illuminati statement. It's about corporations and kickbacks for votes. America is truly turning, if not already turned, into a fascist state and most people know it to be true. The people may not understand what a fascist state is, but they do know when laws are being setup against them.

This is really unfair because for the past 20 years or so I have seen this country go down the crapper without anyone making a peep about it.
I SAW so many actions contrary to the will or best interest of the people happening behind closed doors. Some of it made me ashamed to be an American. All of it leading us to where we are today.

9/12 We lost 2000 people foreign and American. All Nations and even a huge portion of the Muslim world stood shoulder to shoulder with us ready to help root out terrorism. We used this opportunity to start a war.

In the long run we have gone broke because of it.
People complain about Obama's deficit numbers but forget Bush never even figured the cost of the war into the budget .

We've lost 4000 young Americans, men and women in the prime of their lives. Our allies and the Iraqi another 100,000 lives.... to avenge the original 2000.
Blunders (the fact that we aided Bin Laden in the 70's) in the war and our Presidents imperious handling of it went on to make us despised around the world. We can't even travel anywhere anymore.
American actions and George Bush went on to inspire a renewed interest in hating Americans and new wave of terrorist recruitment has rose up against our country. Good thing we can't go anywhere because travel on airplanes is a living hell.
And after all this we are actually less safe today than we were on 9/12.

And we passed the Patriot Act somewhere in there and I am sure your butt still hurts from that little grease job - I know mine does.

So you have 2 wars you're broke, your country's broke- due to overspending, unregulated housing, insurance and banking industries, you've lost your insurance, your credit, your job, your big car and now you are losing your house.

What Americans are going to be happy? Contented?

So how did that war work out for you?

BUT we did manage to make the oil companies and the defense contractors and even the VP rich beyond all worldly imagination.

You gotta figure somebody saw all this coming...and just went ahead and did it anyway. Now you are targeting (and I do mean targeting) the fellow who stepped in to clean up the mess.

Obama said he would change things but he did not say it would be over night.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Do you have any links to these 'reports'?

If its true then I would think they have nothing to worry about, and it would be very destructive to the rep of the fed

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This was a double post, sorry.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I'm not quite sure what you point is. As far as I can tell everything you said basically backs up exactly what I said.

This is really unfair because for the past 20 years or so I have seen this country go down the crapper without anyone making a peep about it.

Just because you haven't seen or heard anyone say anything doesn't mean people don't know what is going on. It also doesn't mean that everyone is just sitting on their hands doing nothing. Just do a Google search for riots against the G8 summits in the United States. Do you know what the G8 is? You should. These G8 riots aren't just kiddies looking to go throw bricks into a few windows. All types of people are out there taking a stand. The thing we face in America is that not everyone takes the sames issues with the same gravity so it appears no one is doing anything, which in turn encourages inaction from others.

There will not be one single event that will make Americans go into open revolt. It will be a number of different issues among a number of different groups of people. Things will/are adding up.

Also, this problem we are facing began in 1913. Not with Bush and 9/11, it also has nothing to do with (foreign) terrorists.

Nowhere in my post did I say anything about Obama. Nor, did I say I was pro-Bush. My point was that the entire government is falling into a path that does not represent the people. But since you brought Obama up, lets discuss him. Lets talk about the latest greatest health care bill which was created behind closed door in secrecy, just Obama and the Drug Companies. So much for including the people, like he promised over and over he would do during his campaign! But, we will forget about that because is shows that Obama is full of crap, but he will still save us! I would also like to point out that Obama has done NOTHING to fight that Patriot Act, he hasn't even brought up the issue of fighting it. Nor has he pulled us out of Iraq, which I do believe is one of the major platforms he ran on. So much for that, but since he promised us he would we will just forget that he didnt, right?

Sound a lot like my point, you know, government against the people.

Lastly, I would also like to add that I am an Anarchist, I don't support any politician. I dont bash any politician because I support another. I bash all politicians. I would like to add that I recognize that the government can not save the people from the government, the people will have to save themselves. The sooner everyone realizes this the better we all will be.

No one person can undue a century of corruption and abuse by the leaders throughout our government, not just Presidents.

After the next election, how about you make a post about how all that Hope and Change worked out for you, ok?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The YouTube Link you posted has been closed.

Here is another link to the Sickles video entitled "Scar My Tattered Body No More With Your Punishing Dildo Mallet."

talkingpointsmemo.com

Also some commentary:

Beyond Weird

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I'd go further to say that I think it is also a message to liberals - to 'be strong brother, we are the way"...that sort of thing.

I've seen a lot of liberals who were kinda sorta hating on Obama suddenly be like, "Those Christian Jerks! (jerks not the word used)...they are so ignorant wanting to kill people because they are losing their rights. What rights are they losing??? huh ?? huh? "

Well.... I guess being put in prison because your govt. doesn't like you exercising your right to form a militia might be one of them. lol

IMO, it's a very well crafted message.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno[/i

The U.S. attorney leading the prosecution against 9 suspected members of a Mich.-based Christian militia says investigators had been watching the group for some time and felt compelled to act based on an imminent threat against police. (March 30)

[edit on 3/30/2010 by whatukno]

If they were that concerned with a threat to police officers they why the heck are they not taking that same sort of action down on the U.S. / Mexico border???? All the police got from the feds down there was a bunch of suggestions on how to not get killed. Like take a different way to work each day, dont sit in a parked car, make sure your kids get on and off the bus safe, etc.

PLEASE

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join