It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enki's Temple: The First UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

I don't think it was propaganda at all. Have you even seen some of the artifacts from Sumeria?

We have rockets that are shaped aerodynamically, flying in the sky.

We have aero fins on the rockets and boosters, with flames coming out of them, clearly showing the boosters propelling the rockets.

We have glass windows in the rockets with people or beings in them.

There are no artifacts from any ancient civilizations that show anything like "rockets."

We have large-eyed beings in space-suits, with glass fronts in their accompanying helmets, with tubes going to backpacks that they are wearing.

We have both large-eyed and small-eyed statues (and regular-eyed as well.)
The rest of the above is simply you (and your mentors Hancock, VonDaniken and Sitchin) applying 21st century CE points of view to 26th century BC artifacts.

In Palenque (probably one of the most important ancient Mayan cities), we have a carving of K'inich Janaab' Pakal, inside a space ship showcasing astonishing detail, as shown here:

Also within the same tomb are the Mayan glyphs that tell us that we are looking at Pakal ascending through the tree of life.

This tree is a very common motif in Mayan art. And everytime there is any Mayan writing associated with it, it's called the tree of life, not "the spaceship."

In fact, it is even known what kind of tree it's supposed to be (of course, like almost all Mayan artwork, it's highly stylized) - but I can't remember which species right now.

As for the rest of this thread, since Enki was a supernatural being - a god - he certainly never existed and thus he didn't actually build any temple.

Harte

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Harte]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

what's this? it's from a vase found in abydos egypt.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Gee, I don't know.

Looks like rockets with flame shooting out the backs ala Buck Rodgers - rockets with windows with bug-eyed aliens looking out trying to teach early humans how to make a pile of rocks.

Yep, I'm sure of it now that I put my glasses on.

Harte

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Why does the second from the right, tall figure,
have its arms in that position?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No, really, if you truly want to know, you can read about it HERE

Of course, I suspect that you don't "truly want to know."

Harte

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

thanks for that! reading it now.

do you think it has anything to do with this

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Harte

Why does the second from the right, tall figure,
have its arms in that position?

That's sometimes called the "goddess" position and is thought to represent the horns of the particular type of cattle in the area - I forget what kind they are but you probably know.

Normally this sort of figure is female - thus the "goddess" thing. They sometimes have bird faces , "bull horn" arms and otherwise human features. The horns are thought to represent the worship of the cattle goddess Bat, representations of Bat have been found in the area from similar times.

On the vase you show, you see victors leading prisoners. The victors are larger and have feathers in their hair. They are carrying maces (some of them.) The prisoners have no maces and are smaller and shown with their hands tied behind them (some of them.) In this case, the arm position you mentioned is thought to reference bull horns and thus is symbolic of great power.

You gotta remember that this was before any writing system. You had to tell the story with pictures, based on certain conventions everyone understood at the time (everyone you wanted to know the story that is.)

Harte

EDIT to add:
Even though you are yourself reading the linked book, I figured it was worthwhile to put this in here for folks that don't click on my link.

H

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Harte]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

BAT
She was originally a deification of the Milky Way

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

so hathor came from bat, who was a deification of the milky way, but the guys shown in the vase from abydos are holding their arms like that in a dance ........err... no, in a victory position...err...no....to represent cows because of hathor. no to represent bat, who was hathor? right?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

thanks for that! reading it now.

do you think it has anything to do with this

That pic does look similar, but I doubt they are related.

Harte

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

ah my turn to share a link.
Corpus of Egyptian Late Predynastic Palletes
xoomer.virgilio.it...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I've seen this image posted a few times on ATS. Is there an image of the actual vase/vessel? The image appears to be a rubbing. I've looked at several examples of Abydos vessels and haven't seen one that shares the same abstract forms of the one you've posted.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

here's another

i suspect you don't see this type of thing in egyptian materials often because
1) it's predynastic to early dynastic
2) it's scribbly
3) it's harder to connect the dots to dynastic references
4) it's part of a series of odd things, primarily from abydos, which connect the seat of osiris in predynastic egypt, to mesopotamia ,which is currently being ignored in favor of the view that dynastic egypt was founded and maintained exclusively by those of african descent.

pic of the vase in this post

[edit on 8-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
this one is a real curiosity.
they are underwater.
the guy has his arms in the "bat" or "hathor" pose
and in the backdrop is what looks to be a ziggurat or pyramid...
under the water.

it's odd.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the other image. I can find that one here. The figures on the vessel are more recognisable than the earlier example you posted. Is there a photograph of the earlier vase available?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

there is a photo on the drawing. i just don't know if there's a better photo. wish there was a better pic of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

there is a photo on the drawing. i just don't know if there's a better photo. wish there was a better pic of it.

Me too. Seeing the actual vessel and figures might shed more light on it.

There's a couple of history podcasts you'd likely appreciate from BBC...King Den's sandal label (Egyptian), Mesopatamian Flood Tablet and Early Writing Tablet (Mesopotamia). They're only 12 minutes long and interesting stuff...right click and save the links.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Pretty fair and logical explanation, thanks for that. I suppose thats the key when looking at these things, remembering that we are in the C21.

reply to post by undo

Can I ask what it is about the Hathor 'pose' that has you so interested?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

you may ask

it's a theory i've been working on, which is connected to the deity gate idea.
enki is the great bull (taurus), who along with the 7 birth goddesses (7 pleaides) gives birth to/creates the human race in the sumerian-akkadian text, ENKI AND NINMAH.

here's an egyptian pic, which shows several versions of the same drawing. if you look at the one in the upper left hand corner, you can see 7 chat type bubbles, and if you look at the one in the lower right, you can see the figure is pointing to one of those chat type bubbles, while his hand is on the bull behind him. it isn't meant to be an accurate chart of the sky, but is giving information specific to taurus, the pleaides, and that interesting nested door capped by a falcon

[edit on 9-4-2010 by undo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join