It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crane leans unsteadily after hitting NY high-rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Crane leans unsteadily after hitting NY high-rise

www.ldnews.com

NEW YORK—Mechanics and engineers hoped to right a crane that was poised precariously Sunday after it tilted and hit a 25-story building near Wall Street the day before, showering debris to the ground, rerouting traffic and causing evacuations.

There were no injuries reported Saturday after the crane hit a ledge near the top of the mixed-use building on Maiden Lane, three blocks from Wall Street, the Fire Department of New York said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is VERY suspicious. I'm going to paste a news snippet from another source.

Resident Michael Britto said he had just left his building Saturday night when police instructed him to get out of the area because the crane was falling.

"The crane was swaying," Britto said.

Authorities evacuated the building the crane landed on and four nearby buildings.

They also cleared out a mixed-use high-rise at 80 Maiden Lane, which includes the offices of the city's Department of Investigations. The DOI investigated 2008's crane collapse that killed seven people on E. 51st St.

www.nydailynews.com...

If I wanted a night in a building to destroy document, plant bugs, set up explosives, etc., just cause a crane to collapse, and shut off the area.

Do it on a weekend, and have the crane stood up by Sunday afternoon and business goes on as usual.

The city has been roiled by crane accidents in recent years.

Just last Tuesday, the city's former chief crane inspector admitted taking more than $10,000 in bribes over eight years to fake inspections and overlook unqualified crane operators.

The inspector, James Delayo, was arrested in 2008 after the second of two massive cranes collapsed, killing a total of nine people.

A second inspector and a crane company owner and worker are also facing criminal charges over those two crane disasters
www.nydailynews.com... THjQEse

I don't know. Sounds suspicious to me.

www.ldnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join