It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your state legislature protecting your individual liberties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I created this topic to foster debate on what state legislation can be written to help neutralize Unlawful powers Forced on the states by the federal government.

What ideas has your state legislatures introduced to start this process?

Each state individual has the power to make it difficult for federal agencies to operate in there state but you have to have the power of enforcement for the laws to be followed.

Here are some ideas i have what do you think?

I herd talk of a state income tax on federal employees could be in the works in some states.

10 year temporary state tax relief on state firearms and ammunition producers and retailers.
15% tax on federal government contractors and businesses that exclusively do business with the federal government.

Most of the suggestions will most likely never happen.

Since the feds have gave us a great example of how to write unlawful legislation,we have to spark debate,how far are the states willing to challenge the legislation? Will your state be satisfied that Federal judges 1,000 miles away will uphold the illegal laws?
Maybe its time to use legislation to create new partnerships between leo and citizens.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I like your ideas. Politicians are cut from the same cloth and wouldn’t do anything to hurt one of the brotherhoods. That includes if they are State, Federal or local government henchmen.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
I herd talk of a state income tax on federal employees could be in the works in some states.

Are you implying federal employees don't pay state taxes?

10 year temporary state tax relief on state firearms and ammunition producers and retailers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do gun stores and gun manufacturers have some special state tax they pay?

15% tax on federal government contractors and businesses that exclusively do business with the federal government.

I, oddly enough, like this idea.

Most of the suggestions will most likely never happen.

Since the feds have gave us a great example of how to write unlawful legislation,we have to spark debate,how far are the states willing to challenge the legislation? Will your state be satisfied that Federal judges 1,000 miles away will uphold the illegal laws?

You do realize that federal judges are all over the United States...not just in Washington, D.C., right?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
yes, Im no expert by any means.
But there is a supreme court, and circuit courts basically regional courts.

There are many punitive taxes you can apply on federal employees. THe government you cant tax. You can tax the residents that work for the federal government.

Tax body armor and riot gear. law enforcement tear gas. Specialized heavy duty vehicles that feds love to use.

How bout mandating the weapon your federal law enforcement can display in public. How bout all atf and irs carrying only .22 caliber pistols.

I hear the politicians hyping everyone but lets get real, you won't win it in court even if you have legal standing.

Time to take the gloves off legislatively and make it real hard for anyone to want to take the feds money. After all it is our money.

If you do this this will cut down on the federal government bribing our own states with the money they stole from us.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Great ideas. Do them like they do us. This made me think of what could be the next level if you expanded this idea. How about creating a political monster to fight theirs? Create a non-profit organization roughly the size and strength of the legislature, that, rather than make new laws, gets laws repealed as fast as they can make them. Anti-congressmen and Anti-senators working toward freeing the people from the bondage of laws. They can use negative numbers on their anti-bills. Have high priority laws targeted for removal first, but ultimately have all laws abolished.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by MichiganSwampBuck]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
well from what i understand you cant directly target the fed. However you can target the employees that reside in the state.

Maybe a tax on blm owned land.

If everyone knows working for the federal government's groups that are known to be abusive in nature have a propensity for violence , it represents a public safety hazard for the citizens of that state.

Furthermore any person employed by a federal controlled group funded by tax dollars that encompasses judicial,executive and legislative functions is operating outside the guidelines of the peoples contract.

We have so much power, don't believe the sword is always the answer.

Its the equivalent to Mexico putting out fires in Argentina when
Mexico's own house is shooting flames from the roof.

Lets fix where we live. Let them be the aggressors. Make them attack us.Let the world see them as tyrants.

Remember self defense is ALWAYS justified.

new topics

top topics

join