It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help needed on win7 and lexmark drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Can anyone help me install my printer on my new laptop?

The laptop has windows 7 on it (32 bit), the printer is a Lexmark X5470 (all in one).
The problem is that there are no drivers available for win7 yet.

at the helpdesk and on every forum I went to for help, they told me to install the Vista driver (cjr5400EN) and that should work on Win7. ... no luck...

I tried to set the compatibility to Vista in the setup file before executing, tried running as administrator,..... still no luck...
I keep getting an error that windows can't find the drivers.

When I did the last (vista compatibility and run as admin) I can get the windows problem solver to work.
When I tried to install the driver without changing anything, the windows problemsolver gives me an error: "0x80070035 "problemsolver has a problem solving the problem" ... grrrrr
(which I think has something to do with a digital signature that isn't recognized by win7?)

anyway, I'm about to pull out my hair and I'm this close to installing winxp again ... someone help please!

[edit on 28/3/2010 by GypsK]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I tried to set the compatibility to Vista in the setup file before executing, tried running as administrator,..... still no luck...
I keep getting an error that windows can't find the drivers.

Maybe try the same but with the XP drivers? (uninstall the win7 one first in device manager)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The vista drivers should work according to Lexmark helpdesk.
Doesn't work with xp drivers either...

Now the laptop can find the scanner and the fax but not the printer (all in one device), so I guess it's missing only missing the driver for printing.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Is this a 64bit version of windows 7? or the 32?

I ask cos I have the 64bit, and I remember pretty early on there was an added problem with the digital signing... Off the top of my head I think I found a work around some one suggested, and some of my driver issues went away - it would take quite a bit of digging to re trace my steps tho.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
it's the 32 bit version

top topics

join