It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

homosexuality: the cosmos ALWAYS compensates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
the cosmos ALWAYS compensates.

.....at least, that is what i tell myself.

i am a homosexual man. actually, i have long considered myself to be asexual.....as i have never actually had sex. but, the god's honest truth is that i really do have a sexual drive for men, but i have sacrificed it for a higher cause. (that is the end of my embarrassing disclosure, thank god.)

i say this all as a prelude to introduce how i, from my unique perspective, perceive the social conflicts that have arisen from homosexuality in america. it seems to be a popular topic here on ATS, and i would like to say my peace.

what i have to say is short. in fact, i already said it up there at the top.

we live in a world of degenerate relationships. people are afraid of each other in very bizarre ways that i find unpleasant. of course, i live in Utah, which amplifies the affect, but i am aware that this phenomenon has been progressing for more than a decade. i dont even know my neighbors. i have never met them. do you know yours?

i imagine a day that may have once perhaps existed in which there was really such a thing as brotherhood. perhaps this brotherhood is only a fantasy in my own .. but no: i insist that surely there must have been some point in history when all people (including man/man) were permitted emotional intimacy without perceiving it as a threat. surely?

sorry that this is so long-winded.

in summary, i have forsaken physical intimacy in hopes of re-establishing a culture of emotional intimacy. the astute reader will be tempted to accuse me of being afraid to express my sexuality. sadly, that has long been the case. but i am aiming for something deeper.

homosexuals are the cosmos' way of teaching us a very important lesson. i couldnt care less if it is a choice, or if it is proven to be genetic. on a deeper level, we all are acutely aware of its origin. and i am incredulous at those people who refuse to recognize this deeper message, and who instead choose rebuke.....or conversely, those whom feel the need to express their gay-ness in socially inappropriate ways. BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG.

both sides are completely missing the point.

i really do like all of you here on ATS. i just wanted to let you know what it looks like from where i'm standing.

thanks for listening.

[[[[because i have made disclosure of details of a personal nature, insults will be taken very personally. thank you.]]]]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

would you care to share your thoughts on what this deeper meaning is.

I could come up with my own explenation and it could be the same as yours or somthing else alltogether.
We on ATS lack the ability to read your mind you know

Now don't say you asked so you don't know.

Asking could just be because someone likes to read his thoughts confirmed. Besides that your experience makes your explenation likely to be different.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I have learned to accept gays and lesbians for a couple years now. At first, it took some getting used to, but once I personally became friends with gays and lesbians, I realize that they can be cool, and are humans beings just as much as us straight people, and should have all the same rights as well. They can also give one some interesting perspectives on life.

Lesbians are a great time. Checking out girls with a girl is so fun!

I'm sure for the ladies, its fun to check out guys with your gay guyfriends.

So yeah, I try not to be prejudice, although some gay guys can be too over the top with their, "ooh look at me, I'm the center of attention!" attitude.

But overall, I can respect the gay and lesbian communities. They not so bad everyone!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hey very brave of you to say so...

and i respect that fact that you've found peace with yourself man.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
You say you are atracted to guys hence your homosexual. You also say you have never had sexual relations. So this makes you a virgin. I am confused only because you seem to know your love for men. If you are indeed gay. Which is cool with me, God made adam and Eve and they had to brothers. These brothers mated with whoever was there.
most wars back in a day that was what there was. Noble knights screwed their pages. whatever. I think you are not hardly qaulified to talk on the subject. You a virgin. You have punctured nothing nor have been punctured. how can you decide your homosexual til you do?? Maybe it is simply my idiocy. But my friends those that are homosexual have all said they tried the other side and it wasn't their thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
double post sorry

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Therian]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I admire your courage in posting this on ATS ,esp as you have a PIc on your avatar.

Knowing modern society I dare say you will come in for some attacks, try to ignore them.

Originally posted by tgidkp
the cosmos ALWAYS compensates.

.....at least, that is what i tell myself.

I don’t understand this part of what you state, in which way is your story, showing the cosmos compensating for anything?

i am a homosexual man. actually, i have long considered myself to be asexual.....as i have never actually had sex. but, the god's honest truth is that i really do have a sexual drive for men, but i have sacrificed it for a higher cause. (that is the end of my embarrassing disclosure, thank god.)

Being as honest to you as you have been to us, and readin the rest of the thread/post I personally would say you can wrap it up in whatever high lofty terms and morals you want, but dont let your Fear of actually going forward and acting out your desires, be confused, or presented in a defence mechanism, driven by residual (if not right) guilt of actually experiencing this!

You are only kidding yourself my friend!

i say this all as a prelude to introduce how i, from my unique perspective, perceive the social conflicts that have arisen from homosexuality in america. it seems to be a popular topic here on ATS, and i would like to say my peace.

what i have to say is short. in fact, i already said it up there at the top.

we live in a world of degenerate relationships. people are afraid of each other in very bizarre ways that i find unpleasant. of course, i live in Utah, which amplifies the affect, but i am aware that this phenomenon has been progressing for more than a decade. i dont even know my neighbors. i have never met them. do you know yours?

This is a social phenomenon cross sexuality and race etc.... The feeling of no community and society is common to us all, and many see its changing and polarising nature at the moment, and I would think only about 25% of any of this type of experience, you have is because of reactions based on your Behaviour/style (that is if you have mannerisms and styles that make your sexuality obvious to others on first contact)

Try not to look for reasons in all things based on your current uncertainty of identity and lifestyle as you "Come Out" as such, being directly linked to that one issue.

Gays, Straights, Eunuchs, Bi's Muslims, Christian, Rich, poor etc etc are all experiencing this now...its not more than a quarter personal to you I am sure.

i imagine a day that may have once perhaps existed in which there was really such a thing as brotherhood. perhaps this brotherhood is only a fantasy in my own .. but no: i insist that surely there must have been some point in history when all people (including man/man) were permitted emotional intimacy without perceiving it as a threat. surely?

I think as said this lack of emotional intimacy, and lack of connection between people would not be that much better if "Gay" people were openly encouraged to be themselves and be intimate in public, if in the same society a great rich/poor divide still was there, or if Racial or religious differences were not also overcome.

Open Sexuality in society does not lead to a "Brotherhood of man"

Whereas Open emotional communication and behaviour in all parts of Humans life would do that.... you or another man or woman feeling they cant cuddle or Kiss, grope their partner in public if same sex is not how society should be. However if it was the norm, and even encouraged from tomorrow, would much change really in our societies?

Personally I think the fear of "Child Abuser" or "Pedo" which has drastically altered the way adults interact emotionally and physically with children in modern society is a much more damaging example of this lack of Emotional connections taking place in society today.

If All gays could be 100% free but still all parts of society would still be scared to go an help the kid who has fallen of their bike/swing whatever, you know the natural desire to pick the kid up, give them a hug, scrape off the gravel, find the parents, wipe away the tears, whilst like I found myself recently stopping myself from helping, a man on his own, a 9 yr old girl balling her eyes out walking past....to scared to do what would have been natural a few years ago.

Your points about this are correct in society and community but it is not just a Sexuality thing as shown.

in summary, i have forsaken physical intimacy in hopes of re-establishing a culture of emotional intimacy. the astute reader will be tempted to accuse me of being afraid to express my sexuality. sadly, that has long been the case. but i am aiming for something deeper.

Again your not kidding me lol, who says you cant have both?

Why does one preclude the other?

Does not physical intimacy actually deepen and create emotional intimacy.

It is only by trusting someone, and that is a deep pre human urge, to not hurt you (unless you like that lol), and seeing you naked, 100% natural, who you really are, letting them share your personal space, that real deep trust on all levels can be achieved is it not?

Well not for the enlightened ones but at our type of experiences surely to walk through the woods to get to a point is silly if a direct road is right in front of you!

homosexuals are the cosmos' way of teaching us a very important lesson. i couldnt care less if it is a choice, or if it is proven to be genetic. on a deeper level, we all are acutely aware of its origin. and i am incredulous at those people who refuse to recognize this deeper message, and who instead choose rebuke.....or conversely, those whom feel the need to express their gay-ness in socially inappropriate ways. BOTH SIDES ARE WRONG.

You have totally lost me here.

What Lesson?

What is the origin?

What Deeper Message?

Anyhow on the subject of different times and a more open society that accepted the Gay part of society and embarrassed it, well both the Greeks and Romans were very Open. Many Roman Emperors had young boys as partners. It was not looked down on the whole.

In classical antiquity, writers such as Herodotus,[1] Plato,[2] Xenophon,[3] Athenaeus[4] and many others explored aspects of same-sex love in ancient Greece. The most widespread and socially significant form of same-sex sexual relations in ancient Greece was between adult men and adolescent boys, known as pederasty. (However, marriages in Ancient Greece between men and women were also age structured, with men in their 30s commonly taking wives in their early teens.) Though homosexual relationships between adult men did exist, at least one member of each of these relationships flouted social conventions by assuming a passive sexual role. It is unclear how such relations between women were regarded in the general society, but examples do exist as far back as the time of Sappho.[5]

The ancient Greeks did not conceive of sexual orientation as a social identifier, as Western societies have done for the past century. Greek society did not distinguish sexual desire or behavior by the gender of the participants, but rather by the role that each participant played in the sex act, that of active penetrator or passive penetrated.[5] This active/passive polarization corresponded with dominant and submissive social roles: the active (penetrative) role was associated with masculinity, higher social status, and adulthood, while the passive role was associated with femininity, lower social status, and youth.[5]
Greece

And Rome:

Homosexuality in ancient Rome features in many literary works, poems, graffiti and comments on the sexual predilections of single emperors. Graphic representations are, on the other hand, rarer in ancient Rome than in classical Greece. Attitudes toward homosexuality changed over the time and from context to context, ranging from strong condemnation to quite open acceptance. Indeed, it was also purported to be one of the cultural facts of certain provinces.

In the mid Republic homosexual acts were widely accepted, if the active partner was a Roman, and the passive partner a slave or non-Roman. Deviations from this pattern were morally condemned, but apparently had few legal consequences. Martial and Plautus describe a wide range of homosexual behaviors, in part to poke fun at them like other minor standard deviations, but without too much moralizing
Rome

Hope my brutally honest reply does not offend, just how I see it from this side

Now stop being Passive Aggressive and go and meet someone, for to be honest you are soo sur you are Gay, however until you actually have an gay experience how do you know for sure?

You might even find that you want to be with a woman later in life, or after it...

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 28-3-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Such a disclosure cannot of been easy , so you have my respect for that tgidkp .

posted by tgidkp

i have forsaken physical intimacy in hopes of re-establishing a culture of emotional intimacy

Can`t physical intimacy be an extension of emotional intimacy ? (i am not just talking about sexual intercourse ) .
Personally in my heterosexual relationship .... that tactile dimension - is a crucial component .

posted by tgidkp

At different times and in different cultures there has been a cornucopia of attitudes to sexual relations in whatever combination you care to choose ..... but there , no doubt has always been an undercurrent of control & power/status associated.Imho, I don`t think your ` golden age` existed .

posted by tgidkp

a world of degenerate relationships

Most of the people i associate with are not involved in degenerate relationships - yes people have their issues which they work through but all in all there are some beautiful people still walking this Earth . Don`t lose heart .

homosexuals are the cosmos' way of teaching us a very important lesson

Could you expand upon this concept .

============================================

Cheers.

edit :spelling
[edit on 28-3-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

same here, interested to read what are those deepest means of being gays

from what i know, brotherhood is the most geniun free drive of free awareness life and sexual drives are only of physical lives means that are then at a very personnal level of ones meaning themselves alone not involving anyother not even the ones attracted to
and that is why there cant be any brotherhood sexually

so what gays super deepest means i m curious to hear and waiting for

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Please don't take this personally but I have to say (again) what' I've said in other homosexually based threads.

YOUR SEXUAL PROCLIVITY IS NO ONES BUSINESS BUT YOURS!

Personally I don't think you're helping anyone's cause by *coming out*.

Threads like these encourage people to share with the world what is not the worlds business.

What you do, how you do it and with whom is not for public fodder.

Not for your church or government or family to moderate. NO!

On the flip side if you feel better about you since you've posted this thread, then more power to you hun. But I wouldn't encourage others to do the same, really I wouldn't.

Why?

Because it's no ones blooming business.

peace to you

[edit on 28-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
the universe compensates????
I think homosexuals are compensating for the perceived ills of the universe........not that there's anything wrong with that.............but isn't narcissism a mental disorder?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well congrats on "coming clean" I guess in regards to this issue.

It's no secret I'm a homo, all my friends and most of my respected enemies here at ATS have had this conversation or debate with me.

I do understand what your trying to say about the deep meaning. Somehow you thinnk that Homosexuals are here in order to show the world the bond of brotherhood again.

I don't really know how I feel about that idea, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

As for you being A-sexual. If you've never experienced what your body craves, then really you are just lying to yourself. Drive without direction isn't very healthy IMO.

I am not saying to go out and screw every pretty flammer you meet, quite the contrary, I invite you to go out and look for somebody of like mind who you can share such an experience with.

Give you a better idea of exactly what it is that your missing out on. Mind you in Utah that might be a bit hard. Mormon country and all that jazz.

Ohh and as the above poster stated, which I agree with. It's nobody's business but your own and the people that you want to discuss it with. If that was your intent, to come here and discuss the issue openly to perhaps give you some perspective or a new way of looking at things, then by all means talk away friend.

If however, it's just to make you feel more comfortable in your own skin, unfortunetly there is nobody but you who can assist in that endeavour.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

when you love truly yourself which mean that you as free aware one decide to support your body awareness conditionned in realities lives, it is perfectly right since it is of truth life, how the highest freedom resolved is the source of true existing living one whole

but narcissism is bad because it is meant to love your image and your image is bad because it is done by else and not you being its source so it is bad because you proove then being a liar forever

but when you love what you do even if what you do is entirely your reality one it is actually the most good since for sure hundred percent positive absolutely add to nothing balance from that true love free energy real result objectively prooving truth life being certainty resulting freedom forever as positive absolute one life

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

what is to be a brother, lets put that truth down

i dont see bodies being brothers possibility unless you mean their awareness of being made brotherhood, but then they would be out of their bodies senses to express their true bounds of their conditions being the same aware of
so they wont mean sex to say being brothers

i hate those mixture of right and wrong meant to use rights for wrong result justified

when you are attracted as a body awareness to another for sex it means you want your sex pleasure literally, there is nothing wrong about tht fact but when it is said as it is truly and not disguised to pretend willing a hug from your brother of same sex that you have

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

that is why sexual drives are justified at some points between different sex, because when you mean brotherhood to who in form is totally different than you without any reference point same but that free awareness, and if you are enslaved to conditions forms to say a word or move an arm, then sexual drives could be the way of positive reality for who mean objective life realisators to their awareness freedom ones, because with such difference of ones the other is surely related to of truth to mean positive realisation so the relation to nothing in truth is within too

logically you cant mean positive when you see another you mean positive when you see you or your source

so meaning positive with another is meaning indirectly truth source

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
would you care to share your thoughts on what this deeper meaning is.

a strange thing for me here on the internet is that when i believe myself to be speaking plainly and clearly, it very seldom results in effective communication. i have spoken of the deeper meaning in my OP, but ill try to attack it again here.

Originally posted by Therian
how can you decide your homosexual til you do??

this is a pretty standard mis-conception about sexuality. how is anyone aware of who they are? they are what they are. they like what they like. it just is.

Originally posted by silo13
Personally I don't think you're helping anyone's cause by *coming out*.

this thread is not about coming out. i am trying to make a very specific point, and that is the ONLY reason for my personal revelations.

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Personally I think the fear of "Child Abuser" or "Pedo" which has drastically altered the way adults interact emotionally and physically with children in modern society is a much more damaging example of this lack of Emotional connections taking place in society today.

YES! this is what i am talking about. these are the fears that hide under the surface of our every day interactions with one another. but it goes much further than the ones you have indicated.

men, in general, are driven away from me. even the ones that claim to be "okay that you're gay". this is very disturbing behavior in my opinion, particularly in light of the fact that i am not actively seeking sexual activity with any of them.

the distrust that you spoke of is implicated here. these men do not trust me. they do not trust that i do not secretly harbor sexual intentions toward them. this causes them to double-think their interactions with me.

it is this underlying lack of trust which has infected even the closest of relationships in our modern world. i do not pretend that homosexuals experience this any more than any other segment of society. i only claim that the conundrum of homosexuality points directly at the nature of the larger social disease.

people are afraid of each other these days, for a variety of different reasons. most of these fears are justified, and most of them are also amplified by images in the media. the only way to overcome these fears and to re-establish a culture of trust and emotional intimacy, of brotherhood, is to become HARMLESS. you must be harmless in order to connect emotionally.

harmlessness and sexual desire are mutually exclusive.....(segue into...)

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Can`t physical intimacy be an extension of emotional intimacy ?

the ONLY case where physical intimacy and emotional intimacy can co-exist is in an atmosphere of trust. it is this lack of basic trust in society which is causing the foundations to crumble. for this reason, i claim that homosexuality in modern america is a great tool for understanding the nature of this basic distrust.

ultimately, it is my hope that BOTH emotional AND physical intimacy can be re-established in society as genuine modes of expression. but as it stands, you should see how abruptly men pull away from me if i should pat them on the back.

i do not want them to pull away. and so, i am attempting to engender an attitude of harmlessness within myself by quieting my sexual appetites.

thank you for the responses!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I experience the same problems on the Internet about having an understandable conversation. Here more then anywhere else.
This is probably because of the international public.

But the lack of emotions and expressions which are common with everybody who isn't capable of showing this in a sentence. Usually only a good writer can. And the problem in society you bring up, which is IMO the cause of people reading parts they don't understand almost always in a negative way.

Thank you for your explenation because now I do understand what you meant.

I believe this problem is visible in every part of modern day society. I only know my neighbors which lived here since I was a kid. The rest maybe on new years eve is there any contact at all.

As for me. I trust ( up to a reasonable extend ) everybody, until they proof me otherwise.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

you brought up how men seem to keep their guard up around you. Like I said earlier, I have some gay friends, and yes, I feel like I need to put up a subconscious barrier when hanging out with them. I am straight, so I have no interest in men, so when they try and hit on me and flirt, I feel I need to put a shield against that.

So when men shy away from you, it is really just a subconscious thing.
Just thought I'd let you know from a straight guy's point of view.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

thank you for admitting that. this is the very heart of the problem. this emotional armoring is what needs to be corrected.

i would rather be celibate for the rest of my life if it meant that in a (hypothetical) interaction with you, you would leave your pre-suppositions at the door and just enjoy my company at face value.

everyone is so hung-up these days. homosexuality is one of the biggest ones out there, on BOTH sides of the table. BOTH sides are in need of healing.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I can fully enjoy the company of my gay friends. It is usually only when they start looking at me in that certain way that the subconscious shield goes up. I can definitely relax around them at times and be totally open and everything with them.

I can allude it to how a girl must feel about some guys. If the guy is relaxed and not trying anything, the girl will most likely feel comfortable. But if the guy is being all horny and wanting sexy time, and the girl doesn't dig it, she will need to put up a shield in order to back him down.

hope that makes sense to you.

Now, going back to your OP and title, I totally get it. I have had many experiences in my life that have shown me that if there is a yin, there must be a yang. The duality of life is beautiful and can be seen and experienced every single day in an endless amount of situations.

I recently wrote in a thread of mine about how I felt the Sun on my face for the first time in 5 months. This is an example of how two sides of the spectrum are required. What I mean is, without the dreary winter weather for 5 months, the Sun wouldn't have felt as good as it did yesterday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join