It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Exposed - Folk The BNP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
UNITED KINGDOM [Nick griffin] In the run up to the general election, at a time when unemployment and immigration provoke impassioned debate, this wry and witty film explores ideas of Englishness, tradition and homeland through the unexpected and bizarre juxtaposition of folk and fascism.

Folk the BNP is a quirky and poignantly sound-tracked film that leads viewers though the industrial and rural landscapes of England. Its a journey to discover why the far right is now affiliates with a music that is traditionally associated with the liberal left.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by solid007]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Wow a political party using music they never got permission for from the writers/performers must be a horrible racist, islamiphombic, right wing , baby eating, soul eating, satan worhshipping thing to do.

Ohhh wait might be best to have a look at this link Beautiful Day turns ugly for Labour

So maybe before you post something like this a bit of reasearch to make sure your target is the only one to use these methods.

On a side note almost all politicians are a waste of space and are cheating, lying, stealing gits but then that my opinion.

I have said it before I don't agree with the BNP, labour or the tories but this country runs on a supposed democracy and as such if people want to vote for them they can.

I would like to add as well you failed to put any thoughs of your own into this and looks like you cut and pasted the youtube description. what are your thoughts on this.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

cut and pasted?not sure what you mean?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

oh sorry i forget to say.thats my video so any thought of that!!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hi thanks for the clarification, I really did not have a clue the video was yours.

My point does stand why single out the BNP?

Surley a more balanced point would be to cover UK politics as a whole and point out all there missus of singer/song writer material this would have been a less a political attack and more about the bad practice its self.

Unless of course the point of the video is not to show the bad prcatice but more an attack on a sinlge political party

Again I will say I don't back the BNP but I don't get all the scare mongers and finger pointing that goes on with them if you don't like a parties policies don't vote for them.

You can bet your bottom dollar if Gordon Brown or David Cameron could garuntee an election win on similar policies to the BNP they would have done it already.

Gordon Brown and David Cameron have not gone down the same route as they know the majority of people don't back the BNP policies

So if its a political attack I think its very weak. I pointed out Labours use of songs without permission not much differnce in the two parties in that respect.

new topics

top topics

join