It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet TV question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OK folks, so I've gone through a large amount of sites telling me how good their internet TV software is. I've tried some in the past, but I've been less than satisfied. Heck, I wouldn't mind paying for the service if it were reasonable.

Can I actually find an honest to god internet TV provider that can stream, say, Spike TV or USA through my computer? You would think that this service would exist, but I sure as heck can't seem to find such a thing. I guess I'm looking for a bargain, money is tight at the moment. If I sign back up for Dish Network, I have to purchase tons of channels when I really only have a few stations that are my "bread and butter."

I get a lot of stuff on HULU, but I would like to be able to watch, say, Monday Night RAW, or Smackdown without having to buy a big Dish Network package. I wouldn't mind having a good package, but the money just isn't there for it right now. I didn't really watch a lot of stations, but there are just some shows I really miss, and HULU doesn't cover those.

If you guys have used good internet TV software and like it, what is the name of it? And if you know of any such provider than can stream Spike or USA and stuff, who is it?

Thanks,

Troy

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Understand I'm not looking for illegal stuff, just want to know what my options are. May just have to wait till my finances are better and turn the satellite back on. I just find it odd you can't purchase normal TV stations on the internet. There kind of are here and there, but I'm not seeing packages like with satellite or cable.

I would like to say, "I want this station, this station and this.... I don't need the others for now. How much for just those?"

Troy

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have been watching Lost in a chat room for the past 5 years and they always post a live stream link through Justin TV.

www.justin.tv...

Alot of people from other time zones and other countries watch Lost through the stream. I don't use it myself but I just started browsing it tonight and I found some live TV channels. It seems to work OK. Honestly it isn't going to work as good as a real TV as everything looks very disorganized. I ran this in google

live streaming tv

maybe you can find something you like, theres alot of links.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thank you. livestream.com looks pretty good.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
yah one cool thing i found on justin, maybe livestream.com too, is that you can watch xbox live games. someone must have it hooked up to the stream because you can hear the talking too. its pretty bad ass.

top topics

join