It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I make a "possibly ignorant" generalization about America's biggest problem? feedback needed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
In this post I'm going to be rather stereotypical... and basically speak on behalf of what I'm seeing in my neck of the woods.

It appears to me, heading into the next two decades, the baby-boomer generation could be, potentially, our biggest problem.

en.wikipedia.org...

here is a link to read a little bit about the baby boomer generation... but let me add some of my own thoughts.

The Baby Boomer Generation is now in their 60's and approaching retirement. It's no mystery that the only two things on the mind at this point in life is: Money and Health. And now that a large portion of America is about to need serious medical attention, is it any wonder why they really needed Healthcare reform in the first place?

Anyway... let me get to my point:

The Baby Boomer Generation could care less about any type of Conspiracy, Revolution, or threat of a New World Order. They Simply just don't give a F!!! They want to retire comfortably, and get the best health care possible. They also just want there children to be financially stable and be apart of the system like good little robots.

You see, The Baby Boomer Generation somehow believes that they've seen it all... They Lived in the 60's. They went through Vietnam, They saw real corruption in the White House (Nixon) and they grew up with parents that fought in WWII. They now believe that the world is... uhmmm... how do I say this? They believe their country is now "Stable" in some sense.... and talk of survival, preparedness, or any Doomsday topic is pure paranoia.

The Majority of Baby Boomers do not care about a 9/11 coverup.

The Majority of Baby Boomers do not care about a NWO.

The Majority of Baby Boomers don't even care about the war in the middle east.

The fact o the matter is... the only people I see in America that seem to have any clue about what's really going on, are 30 years or younger.

The people that seem to be protesting are the Baby Boomers Children.

Now look I know their are countless examples of 60 year old men and women fighting the good fight... but what I see with my own eyes is that Generation X is not gonna get any support from the Baby Boomers. The Youth of this Nation is going to have to fight this war with out the support of their parents...

This could be an ignorant thread... so please - feedback is needed.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hope you won't mind my saying that yeah ... you're generalising

And you'll be a member of the older generations yourself -- a lot sooner than you'd like or would believe possible

So apply your generalisations to yourself .. the you in a few decades' time

It's called 'planning for the future' --- for those who won't die before they get old, that is

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm not that interested in Wealth, as such.

I just looking forward to hitchin the RV (Caravan) up to the 4WD and heading off around the country.

You don't need that much money to have a goal. You only need enough money to keep you satisfied.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I totally agree, we all are going to be in the same boat in a couple of decades. But your right about they thinking that they have made the world (at least the US) stable, but your wrong on other things. I think as with anything that gets old and know that their time will be up soon, they are scared. They don't understand this "new world" as much anymore and just want what they have been promised and what they have paid in to the govt. programs and such. Whats going to happen when our govt. goes officially insolvent and we are told that we can't pay for these legacy costs, the baby boomers will go crazy because they where promised all this junk.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
They don't understand this "new world" as much anymore

This is what I was looking for... This is why i needed feedback because I couldn't find the words myself.

I think the baby boomer generation has lost touch with the world their children and grand children are living in.... I mean after all, we are the future.

I don't think they understand what kind of future they have left us to deal with... and this lack of understanding is going to eventually be a big problem, because these folks are suppose to be are biggest help.

We have a motto on ATS: "Deny Ignorance"

Well I think their is a certain type of ignorance that is very prevalent amongst these baby boomers... and like I said, I can only speak for my part of town.

And now I know what the problem is:

There is a saying that goes along the lines of: If you weren't a liberal when you were you young you have no life, and if you aren't a conservative when you older then you have no brains.

something like that.... I think this is holding true in my neighborhood.

The Baby Boomers went through their rebellious hippie anti-war movement and they lost... They bought into the system and fed it to their children.

Now Generation X is having their time fighting the system... and guess when we get older we'll keep buying into the system because it's our only way of life... and we will keep feeding it to our children.

(except our children might experience SHTF when they are young adults.)

Bottom Line:

The Baby Boomers were at the cusp of a real revolution in the 60's... and they lost.

45 years later... we might be at the cusp of another revolution... but my guess is we will fail too.

The fact of the matter is the Baby Boomers made a lot of money the past 4 decades, and the inherited alot of money from their parents as well.... And if I know one thing about money, it will keep you blind to the real world you are living in.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm over 30, and I know what's going on. If TSHTF, I am sure that me and my own will do just fine. Provided we are not at ground zero and die instantly from whatever could happen. I'll eat anything and I've been to seers training. However, when I'm over 60, I will probably be looking for a hole that I can fall into. That is unless they have some pills that work better than the ones they currently shove at the older folks.

Damien: When are you planning to hook up the caravan? We should trade notes. I just bought a Rover and an Airstream. My wife and I plan to come back to the U.S. in June and roll around the country until we get tired of it. I have friends and family in just about every state to visit, and my wife has never seen much of the U.S.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Should have put this in my first post. I have a friend that I have coffee with a few days a week. He is a retired military intel officer in his 60s. (still more than 30 years older than I). Anyways. I have seen him go from being a rigid tool of the system into being fully awake and aware.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I'm over 30, and I know what's going on. If TSHTF, I am sure that me and my own will do just fine. Provided we are not at ground zero and die instantly from whatever could happen. I'll eat anything and I've been to seers training. However, when I'm over 60, I will probably be looking for a hole that I can fall into. That is unless they have some pills that work better than the ones they currently shove at the older folks.

When you are 60 years old your children will be telling you stories about how how the False Flag Nuke on France was set up by the NWO only to keep Martial Law alive.... and you will want nothing to do with it.

You'll say something like: "How is any of this knowledge going to pay your bills?"

or

"Back in my Day we had plenty of conspiracy theories floating around... and nothing positive came from it... Just go to school and get educated, get a job, and retire"

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Should have put this in my first post. I have a friend that I have coffee with a few days a week. He is a retired military intel officer in his 60s. (still more than 30 years older than I). Anyways. I have seen him go from being a rigid tool of the system into being fully awake and aware.

Oh God... reading this post just made my night.

But being fully awake and aware doesn't mean you have made any real change... I'm fully awake and aware and I still feed the beast everyday.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Now I know why I seldom come to this website anymore. I think today is the day I will stop coming for good. Hope you all have fun sitting around and whining about things you won't ever try to change. Sayonara!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Now I know why I seldom come to this website anymore. I think today is the day I will stop coming for good. Hope you all have fun sitting around and whining about things you won't ever try to change. Sayonara!!!

What is it that I'm trying to change?

9/11 Truth.

I'm exploring the possibility that old folks like yourself don't really care about it.

The fact of the matter is, as a member of the 9/11 truth movement, I feel like an outcast.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well , being one of the Younger Boomers ( 13 years old in 69 ) , I would have to disagree with some of the things you have said here . For one , I Do Care about 9/11 Truth , along with the Real Threat of Goverment trying to take away our Personal Freedoms and other concerns . Don't you think Generalizing the Belief Systems of a entire Generation is a bit much here ? Maybe when you get Older your ' Tude " might change somewhat ? I think so ......

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Well , being one of the Younger Boomers ( 13 years old in 69 ) , I would have to disagree with some of the things you have said here . For one , I Do Care about 9/11 Truth , along with the Real Threat of Goverment trying to take away our Personal Freedoms and other concerns . Don't you think Generalizing the Belief Systems of a entire Generation is a bit much here ? Maybe when you get Older your ' Tude " might change somewhat ? I think so ......

Yea but the problem is that people your age... that think the same way you do, are becoming a rare breed.

you know it's true.

The people back when you were 13,... the people that were a few years older than you... They got tempted by drug, sex, and rock & roll revolution.

You know what my children will have for their temptation? The internet and all the digital technologies that exist today. America is slowly just turning into one giant computer.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hi

I am also a young boomer baby boomer. My friends and I were very active in politics. We had our own conspsiriacies. Nuclear war, union activism anti racism etc. here is my take. Most of us settled down after a time content in the fact that we had won various battles or given it a good try. Because of a good grounding in radical political theories we can strip out the hype from the myth. Hence the NWO to me is simply another small variation of globalisation which grew out of capitalism etc. No I do not wish to argue about the veracity of the previous sentence but merely want to give you a bity of insight into how this baby boomer thinks.

My problem wih the NWO and 911 is that both are somewhat far fetched conspiracies. I mean no disrespect to those who do but they are far fetched.

We actuallyare living in a time when radical activism is at a very low ebb I do think that everyone is going to be getting active soon as the situation is going to worsen over the next few years as the shoe will start to queeze.

Finally political activism is a young man's game

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

My problem wih the NWO and 911 is that both are somewhat far fetched conspiracies. I mean no disrespect to those who do but they are far fetched.

Hey that was a great post.... and I would love to explain how great your post was really was, but this is what I'm talking about when I think the Baby Boomer Generation is out of touch with the real world we live in... in 2010!

I don't think you understand what is happening.

People my age seem to find a way to understand what is really taking place. (I'm 30)

They are not farfetched ideas...

They even hide it in plane sight.

Somehow Both Generations in the 90's missed this great speech.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I am retired, and since joining ATS I now know what's going on, sometimes I wish I didn't know what's going on, quite a worry for my kids, grandkid's, and great grandkid's, worry I don't really need, but its there, so I have to deal with it, at least if some polster asks me a question, I'll have an answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

" You know what my children will have for their temptation? The internet and all the digital technologies that exist today. America is slowly just turning into one giant computer "

Your Right , i cannot argue with you there . Question is , what are " WE " gonna do about it ? Our children are going to have a bleak Future ahead of them if the problems we are faced with Today are not addressed in earnest . It is the Duty of each Generation to make sure the next one is provided for or Chaos will Rule their lives . From what I am seeing , Man is losing his Humanity , what can we do to preserve it ?....... Thoughts ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I am retired, and since joining ATS I now know what's going on, sometimes I wish I didn't know what's going on, quite a worry for my kids, grandkid's, and great grandkid's, worry I don't really need, but its there, so I have to deal with it, at least if some polster asks me a question, I'll have an answer.

Well... I'm tired of worrying.

I love God... he's always been good to me.

I fought the good fight in my youth... now it's time to get old and watch my children go through the same bull $hit.

Might have to give Homeschool a try.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Man is losing his Humanity , what can we do to preserve it ?....... Thoughts ?

Man is loosing his humanity.... couldn't of said it better myself.

Remember that ATS.... those words are true: Man is losing it's Humanity.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Well this NWO thing is not anything new to the boomer. We got a full measure of the United Nations, learned all about the League of Nations.ect NWO is just the latest development along those lines.

There was a rather large conspiracy theory movement going on by the early 80s that had roots in the 70s. In fact that when the turm NWO first came out with all the info on the COFR, IMF, ect. Skeptic Overlord probably cut his teeth in those days.

And let me tell you there has been a lot of very ugly underbelly junk out there for many moons. Take '___' testing on american servicemen. That was out way back by 85 anyway. I was in the service in the late 80s and at the base libary. They had instructional tapes about all maner of things. One was about '___' testing. It looked to me as if they were not trying to hide anything at that time. I watched the film about a willing test dummy. It was strait foreword.

Garwood in his book "Spite House" said the CIA was killing POWs let go from Laos. I was in the service overseas durring the time of his trial. There were some POWs let go from Vitenam due to his testomony. That was in like 82. I know it to be a fact yet the press at home just did a blackout on the story. I think it was 8 us serviceman let go long after they said none were there. As you may know Garwood escaped about 7 years after the war was over. Anyway this is just one story that has made me a skeptic. And if you belive in fate I actualy ran smack into Garwood one day. Very good story to reaserch.

But anyway there has been a good foundation laid down on the track going back to the 60s and 70s and you can thank the old timers for that today. Just watch out for the disinfo guys!

top topics

join