It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dreams And A Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I often have dreams where I am myself, but I am living in different circumstances/places. Another time I will dream and it will be a continuation of this same dream. Like I am living different lives.

Sometimes I will be in a school setting with certain friends and teachers. I am way beyond my school years in my waking real world. These dreams come again at times and continue on. Or I have dreams where people know me and I have no idea of who they are or how I know them. It's like I have amnesia, though I know I have been there before. These dreams will continue another day like I never left.

Other dreams are of some kind of invasion either by aliens or another country or my own country gone crazy and are rounding us up. I am with a group of people running from the aliens or bad people. Sometimes we are captured and I am able to escape and help others. These dreams are re-occuring. maybe I spend too much time at ATS. LOL

I am so confused. I mean what does any of this mean? Do any of you have similar dreams? I just find it odd to have dreams that actually continue at a different time. Could be the same week or months later, but I seem to pick up where I left off.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Other dreams are of some kind of invasion either by aliens or another country or my own country gone crazy and are rounding us up. I am with a group of people running from the aliens or bad people. Sometimes we are captured and I am able to escape and help others. These dreams are re-occuring. maybe I spend too much time at ATS. LOL

that isexactly what i have dreamed of...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Unknown

that isexactly what i have dreamed of...

That makes 3 of us. End time warnings is what I think they are.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
ditto... I chalk it up to always being the good guy in my dreams, being the underdog in (real) life, and having anxiety.

But if for nothing else, at least feel good that your night time entertainment is action/drama filled. Better than renting a movie you'll only watch once. We need to be able to record dreams and have playback though.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Sounds Astral or 4th D, where a lot of us go every night. I have found myself in the same dream multiple times as well, they continue where they left off. I'm not sure if this is an astral creation...or a 4th Dimensional alter life.

Very interesting. I'm having these kinds of dreams more often.

Usually, I am inside a large house, doing some type of espionage or underground military mission. Seems like it is in the future, maybe 20 years or so.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's funny you all mention this. I just mentioned to my Missus the other day that I was having "Really Weird Dreams".

SOme dreams I don't want to wake up from.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Dreams... 95% of people don't know what happen when sleeping. Ok, the human beings have a physical body and an ASTRAL BODY. You can call it "soul", "spirit", "consciousness life energy" or "ethereal double". The ancient hindu scriptures call it "sukshma-sharira". The ancient egyptian scriptures call it "Ka", but is still the astral body.
During the sleep, the astral body can travel back/forward in time-space. That's the point people ignore. Dreams, actually are ASTRAL ACTIVITY, that can be conscious or unconscious. Depending on the kind of life you have. For instance, alcoholic people, drug addicted people, usually have unconscious experiences during the sleep. They don't have any notion about what is going on, they are like leafs in the wind during their sleep. A Yoga practitioner or an occultist practitioner, know how to control their astral bodies while they are sleeping. That's called "Lucid dreams". Not is so rare ordinary people with no knowledge of this subject, having lucid dreams, but they just don't know explain it. They don't pay the due attention and just ignore it.
An important detail, is that the astral body, during the sleep, still connected to the physical body through the so called "Athakarana string". It's like an ethereal tether that keeps both connected, otherwise people would be dead. While we are sleeping, our astral body can meet people we met in past lives in the 4th dimension. They can be dead people or the astral body of another people that are sleeping at same time we are. Also, in the astral bodies people can be often attracted by each other, by mental compatibilities. That's why while dreaming you can easily feel in love by someone and even have sexual experiences. These sexual contacts in the astral dimensions usually can trigger orgasms and ejaculations, 'cos the mind sensations are transmitted to our physical body through the Anthakarana.
We can see the future while sleeping, we can see the past. We can see who we were in past lives, we can visit places, and also what most of people don't know is that we can see UFOs and aliens in another dimensions. Really it's possible to have "continuous dreams". It's weird but we can have a dream where we are interacting with something or someone and wake up suddenly to go to bathroom, and then we go back to sleep and re-start the dream from the point it was interrupted.
Unfortunately people don't know how to explore the astral experiences. Many times the answers to our problems come in the astral world, but we just forget after wake up.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have had lots of crazy dreams, including the one where I am in school(I am also well past my school days), the crazy thing is I never had this dream when I was in school, but now that I am not, its a recurring dream.
I also have many continuing dreams, some go on for months. At one point in time the dreams were so intensive and continuous that I had trouble defing which was the reality and which was the dream.
I have also had "one" end of world scenario dream, but its a continuing dream, comes and goes on and off for years now, always starting off where it left off, but only one part of it every few months. It starts with the moon breaking up, and chunks of it falling to the earth destroying much and creating havoc, somehow I get the knowledge that having a piece of wood from a certain tree would save one from everything at this time (I don't know how this could be possible, but then its a dream), so I go to the forest with some friends to find it.

And there has been even crazier dreams as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hello, Night Star.

Yes, other people report "serial dreams" (searchable). Such dreams aren't reported much, not as often (it seems to me) as recurrent dreams, the same dream, repeated in all particulars, not progressing from one episode to the next, some other night.

You don't say much about the dreams themselves, beyond noting the "popular culture" reference in the alien scenario. There's nothing unusual, of course, about dreams featuring pop culture references.

The dreams themselves don't seem to bother you. Your concern seems to be their serial quality. Serial-ness may be a little bit rare (hard to tell, since all anybody can go by is reports, and who knows why some dreams get written about and others don't?), but it's not really peculiar to you.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Some wonderful and fascinating replies. Thank you all so much!
This astral stuff really has me thinking.

Most of my dreams seem to be about an invasion of some kind. Some are quite vivid. I remember in one dream where a small group of us were hiding in an abandoned house while these huge airships lit the sky up. Some people were outside going about their business like it was no big deal, or that it was really cool because the government told them it was nothing to worry about.
Every so often a ship would shoot some kind of lazer and kill people.
Dreams are so wild!

One I thought was particularly interesting was where a bunch of us were captured by these people/beings and they were just like Native Americans who were forcing people to live like them. I was amazed and thought wow now this I can handle. There was one young indian type man who was to teach me their ways and I had so many questions and was so eager to learn. I was given a horse. I'm a city girl and have never been on a horse in my life. LOL I wonder if this could be some sort of spirit guide that people often speak of?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien
Really it's possible to have "continuous dreams". It's weird but we can have a dream where we are interacting with something or someone and wake up suddenly to go to bathroom, and then we go back to sleep and re-start the dream from the point it was interrupted.

This has got to be one of my favorite aspects of dreams!!! this has happened to me on more than one occasion. Gotta love it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

: Every so often a ship would shoot some kind of lazer and kill people.

you just sent chills down my spine. I HAD THIS EXACT DREAM!!! I was in a big building with a bunch of people. Like you said, some of them just went about their business even though there were airships with lasers, and every 5 minutes or so, the lasers would do a sweep through the room, and vaporize some people.

wow. I would definitely like to hear more about this dream you had.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It may be that you dont talk enough about your ideas to others and express yourself so in your dreams all the thoughts you didnt express that day come back in dream form and express (or expand) themselves that way

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Wow! Really? That's wild! I just remember being in the big house, turning the lights out and being terrified. The group of people that were with me as well as myself were wondering how we could possibly stop it. We knew there had to be others like us that knew these aliens were dangerous, but how would we find them? I chanced a look out of one of the windows and I was just stunned at seeing them all over the sky.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ECWSANDMAN13

I'm sure that for some dreams that very well may be the case. There are so many things to ponder about dreams.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
Hello, Night Star.

Yes, other people report "serial dreams" (searchable). Such dreams aren't reported much, not as often (it seems to me) as recurrent dreams, the same dream, repeated in all particulars, not progressing from one episode to the next, some other night.

You don't say much about the dreams themselves, beyond noting the "popular culture" reference in the alien scenario. There's nothing unusual, of course, about dreams featuring pop culture references.

The dreams themselves don't seem to bother you. Your concern seems to be their serial quality. Serial-ness may be a little bit rare (hard to tell, since all anybody can go by is reports, and who knows why some dreams get written about and others don't?), but it's not really peculiar to you.

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the show.

I enjoy the show more after the fact. LOL Some are frightening. I was just very curious about the dreams that continue like I am living in that dream world. You just don't hear much about that.

top topics

join