It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon Me For Being Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What is normal anymore? Whats with the mentality that we should be a certain way or something is wrong with us?

Hmmm..... let me see....

It seems that you must conform to everyone around you, you shouldn't have an opinion, you shouldn't raise your voice, you shouldn't cry, you shouldn't show any emotion at all actually. You shouldn't stand up for yourself, you shouldn't be too hyper, you shouldn't talk too much, you shouldn't you shouldn't, you shouldn't because if you do, your abnormal! (abnormal >adjective deviating from what is normal.)

Have you noticed this?

You try and voice your opinion or raise your voice, or merely try to stand up for yourself and you need anger management, or maybe your hormones are out of whack and you need meds.

You get emotional and cry or you’re a shy quiet person, and oh my god, your suffering from depression, you need meds!

You are an active person and really don't like to sit still and your hyperactive, you need meds!

You like things neat and tidy and in a certain place, and your OCD, you need meds!

I mean come on, children these days can't even go to school and actually BE children anymore without having a label slapped on them and of course some will be put on meds.

Well you know what... make me mad, you will know it. I cry when I feel like it, I yell when I think it is called for, I can't sit still sometimes but by the same token I like my naps too. I put things where I want them, but I have a junk closet too. I am normal! I have feelings, I have emotions. We all do, and it is okay to be yourself without the "aid" of meds! I like being me and to me I am normal!

Keeping it real!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes i have noticed this alot, Everything you said is 100% true couldnt agree more ..

I like things neat and organized too .. Do i have ocd no i dont just the way i like it ...

I get mad too and emotional sometimes and i dont need anger management or meds for that matter ..

Good thread btw ..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

You're obviously suffering from BHWWYAS or Being Happy With Who You Are Syndrome!

Please take two Confuzelins and three Distortionols ... side effects may include need for more medication.

Good for you G, the best medicine is being happy with the reflection in the mirror.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Dear Greenize

Now the question is do you live in New York or LA???

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Conformity has always been a powerful part of society. Shunning is a time-honored human habit in every culture.

Personally, I feel very little pressure to conform to socety but that is because I have isolated myself from society to a great extent and have spent many years in this state. My interactions with strangers are few and formalized. I think the ability exists to do this to a greater extent now than, say, 30 or 40 years ago, and thus there is in a sense a greater freedom. In a big city invisibility and anonymity can be your friends. If "nobody cares," it is the ultimate liberation. This doesn't mean total isolation; you will be able to interact with howevermany or howeverfew you choose to let into your bubble. The only problem is that, depending on the line of work you are in, it may be difficult. But even if you are dealing with people every day at work you can take steps to mentally "quarantine" yourself from them by cultivating inward detachment. "Be in the world but not of the world."

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I like being alone in my house with my Laptop..

I also see Dead People.

I have a turtle.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I love being me and am totally comfortable that way, as long as nobody is around that is!

I have ran with the crowd, tried changing myself and whilst those two were fun in parts! nothing is better than just being you!

I expect everybody is the same but we just all expect certain things of eachother trying to fit in, this is where it starts imo if we all limited our expectations of eachother the world would be a happier place!

Good on you for keeping it real

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
One of my co-workers was recently promoted to asst manager. I was called to the office and it was "explained" to me that I was too opinionated and that my co-worker would "cow down". So I guess being easily lead is the popular way to behave.... not in my nature, sorry!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I like being me. TPTB want us to all march inlockstep so that they can market things to us easily. I love differences and am also happy with being paradoxical. I am also happy with those who I disagree with provided it is done without real rancour. I do have friends on other sides of the political fence.

join