It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaches of Constitution!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I keep hearing OVER AND OVER again about how everyone in government is pissing on the constitution over and over and over again. There is a group of people here on ATS who actually think the constitution has been "taken over" whatever that means.

Can the members here PLEASE provide me with a nice list of these breaches of constitutional integrity, with supreme court opinions/decisions that have not yet been remedied by constitutional processes?

Also, please give your experience with the constitution so we know who this information is coming from (e.g. you helped write it, you've added an amendment, you've studied it in law school, you've practicing/teaching constitutional law professional for 10 years, you've read it, you've read most of it, you just downloaded the full text and are planning to read it, you've heard of it, you know the alphabet and have written on paper before ...)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Also, please give your experience with the constitution so we know who this information is coming from (e.g. you helped write it....

I can see you're really taking this seriously.....

"helped write it"

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be
for a longer Term than two Years;
Needs not be explained.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,
shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason,
Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.
This one isn't quite an offense but it happens to happen all the time but no judge will see that they are brought up to trial.

A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall
flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on demand of the
executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be
removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.
If I am not mistaken people flee all the time to other states in order to not get capitol punishment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the Government for a redress of grievances.
While most groups can assemble there are a few that are not allowed to.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the
right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I can't own an automatic weapon lawfully.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and
no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.
Judges are bad about issuing illegal warrants.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and
public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime
shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously
ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the
accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory
process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of
Counsel for his defense.
Well the drug war has clogged the system so bad that 2 year waits are not abnormal.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel
and unusual punishments inflicted.
Well considering that in my town a rolling stop will cost you 200+ dollars this is in violation.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people.
The healthcare bill is in clear violation of this by forcing us to by health insurance.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of
President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the
United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a
member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of
any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to
support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in
insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the
enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove
such disability.
Obama's right hand man used to defend terrorists in his law firm.

One more thing, The people you asked the opinion from (studied it, teach it, etc.) Our country is a sh*thole because of them. Do you honestly want there opinion. Obviously I don't fall into that category but I do like to believe that I could run this country much better than anyone of those as*hats.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Wow.

I felt like at the end of that, you should of wrote BOOM roasted. Actually you should send that in a letter to someone, anyoe high up in government or a federal court.

And of course add the patriot act, as well as the federal reserve (the constitution gives congress the power to coin money and regulate the value, not give the power to create fiat currency to a banking cartel and then pay them interest for it.)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Visit the ACLU website...they have a ton of issues. Also, most Constitutional Violations are only recognized in their application. The term "as applied" violations can exist even where the main law is Constitutional.

Tell me how the health care bill is Constitutional when it never was presented to the Senate to vote on. While the Constitution gives the right for the house to make up their own rules it doesn't give the house the right to create a rule that goes against the spirit of the Constitution.

The Constitution is being violated everyday by layers and layers of executive enforcements. Administrative agencies interpret the laws they are given and decide how to operate the law. It doesn't make their application of a law Constitutional once applied to different segments of society.

If you want a list of Constitutional challenges, case opinions, etc. Do a search on the web. Several unconstitutional laws have been reversed in the past year.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

No the roast is not needed. The OP did a good job in my opinion of not being overly conceited in his thought process. He wants things civil most likely and everyone generally is confused on the subject.

You are right though on the patriot act and the fiat currency but the post I made was a GWOT.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

What part of "WELL" "REGULATED" "MILITIA" do you not understand???

No where does it say all individuals can own any weapon with no regulation.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Tell me how the health care bill is Constitutional when it never was presented to the Senate to vote on. While the Constitution gives the right for the house to make up their own rules it doesn't give the house the right to create a rule that goes against the spirit of the Constitution.

What are you talking about?

The Senate passed the bill in Dec. 2009....the House just voted on it last week. Both voted on the exact same bill...and the President signed it....that is kind of (exactly) how it works.

Seriously people...educate yourselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

You made a good little list of constitutional violations. However I have a problem having to prove these violations to someone who seemingly doesn't care enough to open their own eyes.

Obama is trash, but he's not by a long shot the only piece of trash that was ever in office. Several Unconstitutional laws have been reversed, maybe well see if they don't come back with more horrible laws. Or just get replaced with the likes of mandatory health care.

Awake is awake and asleep is asleep.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

There is a group of people here on ATS who actually think the constitution has been "taken over" whatever that means.

The take over hasn't happened yet. But I hear that the Earth Charter will replace the Constitution.

It seems I read somewhere that "sovereignty" (vs "citizenship") places one under the Global Governance of the U.N.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ventian

What part of "WELL" "REGULATED" "MILITIA" do you not understand???

No where does it say all individuals can own any weapon with no regulation.

And if I join a well regulated militia I still can't own an automatic weapon. So it is your definition of a well regulated militia isn't it? That is defined by everyone differently. I could take 100 hours of field training with associates and still not own an automatic weapon.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip
reply to post by ventian

You made a good little list of constitutional violations. However I have a problem having to prove these violations to someone who seemingly doesn't care enough to open their own eyes.

Obama is trash, but he's not by a long shot the only piece of trash that was ever in office. Several Unconstitutional laws have been reversed, maybe well see if they don't come back with more horrible laws. Or just get replaced with the likes of mandatory health care.

Awake is awake and asleep is asleep.

Couldn't agree with you more.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Oh really they passed it in the Senate back then? What happened to Article 1. Section 7. That all bills of revenue must originate in the house? Did they pass it three times? Now I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

What happened to Article 1. Section 7. That all bills of revenue must originate in the house?

Good thing this isn't a bill of revenue...no isn't it?

Or would you like to show me how this is a bill of revenue.

Give it up...the bill passed and it was done legally. People need to learn to lose gracefully...being a sore loser isn't a good quality.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well many people have a very bad understanding of the constitution and get confused about what it says. Many people do not ever really read the thing instead they think everything is covered by the first ammendment. A good example is "the freedom of expression" and the "right to privacy" are nowhere in the united states constitution. On top of that people confuse government vs personal buisiness. For example the government can not ban a newspaper because it does not want people reading it, but if you owned a library you can ban whatever you want in your library.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What happened to Article 1. Section 7. That all bills of revenue must originate in the house?

Good thing this isn't a bill of revenue...no isn't it?

Or would you like to show me how this is a bill of revenue.

Give it up...the bill passed and it was done legally. People need to learn to lose gracefully...being a sore loser isn't a good quality.

I don't mean to get in between you two but for this bill to be constitutional as you seem to think it is, means it has to be a bill of revenue. I hate the bill but they actually passed it on those grounds.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by RestingInPieces

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to
the people.
The healthcare bill is in clear violation of this by forcing us to by health insurance.

I'll pick this one because it is pretty current.

The powers HAVE BEEN DELEGATED BY THE PEOPLE.

They ELECTED THOSE WHO VOTED ON THE BILL.

Once THE PEOPLE elect their congressmen and senators, whatever they do IS DELEGATED.

What part of DELEGATED don't you understand?

SURE THE CONSTITUTION DIDN'T DELEGATE HEALTH CARE BILL.

So, it's left to the states OR THE PEOPLE.

You do REALIZE that the people are the congress and the senate? Everyone in the senate is a DELEGATE.

Certainly, you must know AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT about government?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Also, please give your experience with the constitution so we know who this information is coming from (e.g. you helped write it....

I can see you're really taking this seriously.....

"helped write it"

That's really the best you could do, huh?

I can see you're really taking the topic seriously.

(I know you're really not, because you CAN'T)

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Look, "people"...

I didn't ask for a list of "WHAT I THINK IS A CONSTITUTIONAL VIOLATION BACKED UP BY THIS BLOG AND MY OPINION AS EVIDENCE"

The end.

Can you people give me something substantial, or can't you?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
If you want a list of Constitutional challenges, case opinions, etc. Do a search on the web. Several unconstitutional laws have been reversed in the past year.

Exactly. They've been reversed.

I wonder why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join