It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating Children Without Men or Sperm AKA virgin birth in mammals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
lesbianlife.about.com...

Scientists have created mice pups from two female mice. No male mice or sperm were involved. The offspring were all female. How did this happen and will humans soon have the option to create babies without men? Parthenogenesis, or virgin birth, is defined as reproduction without fertilization. It occurs naturally in some plant and insect species. It does not occur naturally in mammals, but like many other procedures of our day, it can now occur with the assistance of scientists.

www.reproduction-online.org...

Kaguya, the first parthenogenetic mammal – engineering triumph or lottery winner?

A significant milestone in reproductive science has been achieved with the birth of the mouse ‘Kaguya’, the first viable parthenogenetic mammal (Kono et al. 2004). The work was carried out by Dr Tomohiro Kono and colleagues, and represents a major technical achievement involving the production of many hundreds of reconstructed eggs, from which ten live, and eighteen dead, pups were obtained at day 19.5 of gestation. Of the two surviving pups, one was killed for gene expression studies and the other, Kaguya, was fostered and survived to reproduce successfully by conventional means. This work further expands what is achievable in artificial reproduction and may have important implications for understanding aspects of embryonic development and gene regulation. However, contrary to the views of some commentators in the popular press, it is unlikely to have a major impact on human artificial reproductive technologies.

no idea where this should be posted..
so feel free to move if ya feel the need.

but in 2004 the used 2 female egg's to make mammal's have baby's..no male needed...
so by now i bet a dollar to a doughnut they can make to women pregnant easy peasy with there own egg's.

i only posted this old story from 2004 cause i had no idea they did this till now.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is why women belong in the kitchen, so they don't figure out things like this.

This is neat though, homosexual couples could have children that are related to both parents! Who would have ever thought?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio about a new sex doll for men that talks and responds to touch. So this is great robots will be replacing our women and now the species can survive without good ol fashioned love. I truly wonder how humans are going to live 100 years from now.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
So all of the offspring of the double female coupling were female? I guess all those planets that the Enterprise visited that were populated with nothing but amazon women could be reality after all!

But seriously, life is a constant strugle of duality. Trying to eliminate males is as practical as trying to eliminate females. Not to mention that this can not be done naturally; if we eliminate males, and something happens and we don't have the facilities to do this (meteor strike, etc), it's the end of the human race in 80ish years.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's not worth the trouble, especially if the 'moment(s) of pleasure' aren't even there!
No wonder it's called "against nature" and "not convenient" (Ro.1)!

top topics

join