It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting homosexuality in our communities. ( POll )

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
...its okay and even normal
to wonder about the sexual aspects of someone you're attracted to - but - its beyond creepy
to wonder about the sexual aspects of someone you find repulsive...

...ps: to those that need it - i hope that last part gets into your dreams...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanko

Well you do not need studies to understand that homosexuality is wrong.

No indeed, being wrong is just your opinion right or wrong will allays be an opinion.

If however you are implying homosexuality is harmful then please provide the evidence ie hard fact proving it is and who is being harmed by it.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal
homosexuality should be listed as a problem as it results in to many problems,

Homosexuality only causes problems for those who can't accept it and move on.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko

The worst thing is that most pedophiles are homosexuals and this to me shows that these are not normal minds these homos posses.

Good Lord! Sorry, but that is just so WRONG and twisted! Pedophiles are sick and demented yes, but to say most of them are gay is so far off base and makes me sick.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I came to think of what things were like before western religion made us all think sex belongs in a marriage only.

Im sure you are familiar with the Romans and their view of sex. If not, you can google it. They pretty much had phalluses everywhere and it was not anything strange to them. They also considered homosexuality as normal as far as I can tell.

Anyhow, is it possible that some modern heterosexual men have problems accepting it because we have been conditioned to think its wrong? Because otherwise, wouldnt kids in the Roman age also have reacted very strongly against homosexuality?

Its a interesting thought isnt it?

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanko

The worst thing is that most pedophiles are homosexuals and this to me shows that these are not normal minds these homos posses.

Really? They are, well that is sure news to me, seeing as I am gay and if the law allowed me I would hunt down and "liquidate" pedophiles for fun, regardless of their orientation.

Do you have any credible statistics or studies saying this? Links to non propaganda sites are extremely welcome, otherwise this is a highly bigoted statement. I don't know why I keep feeding you trollbait though as I have come to the conclusion that ignorance perpetuates itself in people like you.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't really see it as a matter of accepting "them" into our community, but rather "them" melding into society. If you consider yourself different and deserving of special recognition or rights.....nope you're never gonna fit in.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How Homosexuality affects our society

Have you ever thought to wonder if you child goes to a teacher who is homosexual orientated and end up raping your child? Have you thought to wonder how traumatized your child would be if that occured rather than be raped by someone of the opposite sex, I know, rape is rape, but the child would get less social issues and would actually benifit from help...

Homosexuality affects many of us morally, emotionally, Religion, geographically(if more and more people think this is a "ok" orientation from all the advertisement and media support it gets, our population will decline, it may take a while but whats more important, our future or present?).

Homosexuality brings us also something we cannot take in with our moment in society right now, we have come very far to let something as abnormal and useless as homosexuality, theres only negatives involved in homosexuality, all the benifits they "show" are self and "personal" benefits, they are selfish and a crime to humanity and its orrientations, this must be dealt with now! Before we as usual actually do realize its a problem and its to late.

Two of the same things dont make it better.... Never...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniyal

As a matter of fact I once had a gay teacher. One of the best. He never raped me tho. Not even in the hours he helped me with things I needed help with.
If it was true that being gay also meant you would go for children. I would be with you all the way.
But someone or somehow in the past, you were badly informed because being gay has nothing to do with raping children. Would you honestly think I would be defending their rights if there was even the slithest hint that I was wrong about this.

In my head, protecting the children comes first.
I don't see what else there could be for a gay person to be bad for society.
A depressed person who is depressed because he or she lives a lie are IMO a far bigger threat to society.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You should give up on trying to present a remotely logical viewpoint to this person, they are a simple creature and you are wasting your time.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I'd like to ask the people who feel homosexuality is wrong.

I'm indifferent

Do you think there is the need to take action removing homo sexuality from our communities

no

I'd like to ask the people who accept homosexuality as a natural occurrence and accept gay men and woman without any consequences what so ever.
Are you prepared to defend gay rights.

I'm just going to be honest here
Everyone from the moment of birth are allowed the same rights and abilities that god gave them.
rights are important, but so is my inclusion of the word "ability".

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm just going to be honest here
Everyone from the moment of birth are allowed the same rights and abilities that god gave them.
rights are important, but so is my inclusion of the word "ability".

So it seems.
Yet it is not the word ability where we disagree. It was the subject it was used for, was it not ?

Thank you. Your honesty is greatly appreciated,

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Maybe a stupid question but...

If you teach something to a kid explain something and the kid doesn't get it .
Would you try again ?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yet it is not the word ability where we disagree. It was the subject it was used for, was it not ?

yes you are correct
as far as adoption is concerned
and that's where the word is only concerning

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi Daniyal--

You did know, didn't you, that 90% of all child molesters are male HETERO-sexuals?

You know, 'people' like Charlie Chaplin (charged with 14 counts of child molestation with girls under the age of 12 between 1916 and 1942)

Or that other skuzzbag low-life ALLEN ('I've gotta WOODY for the kids') Konigsberg, whether you think his genital deep-finger-fondling of 4 year old Dylan in her own bed was acceptable behaviour or not...

Or yet-another lower than pig snot poser Roman Polanski in his drugging & date-raping of then-13 year old Samantha Geimer ---and this is just the tip of the iceberg --- or that these 3 over-rated over-paid over celebrated HETERO-sexual perverts listed above were able to pay off the childrens' families (or use their celebrity to their advantage to hide their heterosexual paedophiliac lust-crimes) is no excuse for their molestation of young children...

So you're point about gay teachers is....what, exactly, again?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

You do know I gave no pointing out that pedophiles are more gay, but I said, it would be more of a traumatization to someone if he did get raped by a homosexual, am I correct?

And also, this is a very beautiful report I read, couldn't stop reading it and advise others to do the same, its so inofrmative and such...

www.us2000.org...

Also... Take a look at this just recent article... Still under investigation but just for example...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

off topic- above article, funny how the guys last name is molesti, lol.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Daniyal]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Daniyal

Your first link is a worthless pile of pseudo science without a thread of real truth or investigative worth in it - clearly hobbled together by homophobic right wing extremists who only see what they want to see.

I cannot understand how any thinking person could consider such jejune nonsense to be an example of 'serious reporting' by any meaningful definition of the word--and if you are one of those people who do, you need to take a college class in linguistics and propaganda methodologies (something that professional advertising agencies and public relations departments who handle 'politicians' for example, are very sophisticated in their knowledge about especially in their uncanny ability to 'manipulate the masses') .

Certainly 'beautiful' is hardly an adjective I would use to describe the misleading and wholly fictitious vomit posing as 'facts' as your first link most assuredly is.

There are in fact hundreds of serious modern medical and psychological research studies to refute just about every single so-called 'fact' mis-represented in your link..

So if anyone cares to take the time actually to read through (and hopefully 'see through') this tripe, you should be very aware first of the lack of the scientific method throughout, and its consistent manipulation of 'highly explosive and emotive words and expressions' with strings of carefully constructed pejoratives, many of them cynically hidden within the body of the so-called 'text' : it is a perfect example of misleading the ignorant masses who (for the most part) are woefully ignorant of the true facts of the matter and 'easily led astray' by such folderol that is often foisted on the masses, who often are not in any position to know better.

Shame on you.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To the OP. I ain't gay so I don't know if it is a choice or not. Someones sexual preference ain't no one else's damn business if you ask me. As long as they don't flirt with me, then I am cool. I am a heterosexual and since I am married I don't want any other women approaching and flirting with me either. This is my answer.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Itachimaru

Maybe a stupid question but...

If you teach something to a kid explain something and the kid doesn't get it .
Would you try again ?

Yes, but there is a point even with children that you come to the conclusion that the ability to grasp the thing you are trying to teach is beyond their scope of comprehension. So I think that is what we are seeing here, this person is set in their mindset, no amount of "teaching" is going to change this and it is a lesson in futility, but your attempt is noble nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I am gay. The question you ask has had me divided for the last couple of years. I have done my best in the past to stand in there attempting to win people over with kindness and be the best person possible. I've done the charity work, awareness campaigns, although not much of a pride parade type guy.

What has me divided is that I have a constitutional political stance yet, the majority of the people (that I've met) that are also of this belief are very anti-gay. So, what does one do when they wish for better change for this country yet one feels helpless to work for this change because you are not wanted here?

Early on this year I made the decision. I laid off my 5 full time employees and 5 part time employees and sold my home. This was a very difficult decision as I grew up in that home. When the word "home" is spoken I think of my bedroom there and the pillow and knowing my family and memories are here.

My father is also closing his business and let go of all of his people. His home is also for sale. I can no longer live in a country where my voice means nothing. 20 members of my family "including myself" will be moving to Finland this summer. I know some of the religious will be saying, "praise Jesus leave!" That's ok.

I am raising children as some on this site know. I don't want them to hear the same crap I did growing up.

Will I fight for gay rights in this country? Not right now, I'm weary. I'm at a point where I want peace in my life and it can't be obtained here.

[edit on 31/3/10 by toochaos4u]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join