It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting homosexuality in our communities. ( POll )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

i never said it was dangerous, and that is exactly my point. so long that the feeling is kept in your own realm of existence and doesnt effect other poeples lives....how is it a problem?

a serial killer could say the reason he killed a family was due to a "feeling".

you could say a homosexual raped a person over a feeling. you could use that excuse for ANYTHING where do you draw the line?

and you keep throwing around that word "sexual". i thought the function of "sex" was to reproduce?

why arent homosexuals able to reproduce? perhaps because its an unnatural lifestyle choice? and they are meerly exploitng a natural act to express their own unnatural feelings/choices?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by LurkerMan

Re-word what exactly ?

"The difference is that it is if there were no other men around you would still be gay but if there was introduction of cannabis in your live. You wouldn't even notice."

in my scenario you are in your house alone, and im in mine alone.

i dont understand where the other men came from. so i assume yor confused.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Yes I get your point but it isn't really the issue. Even when you choose to live a life without homosexual behaviour but you still feel attracted to the same gender. It does not change the fact that you;re gay.

Sex, any sex is always a choice . If it isn't it is rape.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I see no need to shun anybody including homosexuals, as they are people too. But to promote homosexuality as normal and healthy when it isn't is where the line needs to be drawn.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

your missing my point. im not saying dont be gay. im not even saying to supress the feelings. im just saying dont expect anybody around you to have to adjust to that reality. dont expect society around you to change and be like you.

because if they do, then everybody else with any other controversial issue under the sun will use the same arguement.

since nobody can REALLY proove what is a choice. even though everybody knows what is.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

I do not say it is not health or promote it. I'm just trying to learn and spread gay people are people to.

That homosexuality is not of any concern to your health or that it is normal are conclusions from actual studies.

Everybody has the right to his own opinion but I like to promote. Deny ignorence

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Deny ignorence.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I don't really care what homosexuals, gays or whatever does, it's none of my business, if they want to get married, I really don't care, if they do, that's great, good for them!

I'm hetero and I never want to get married, if their homo and want to get married, well they must want it pretty bad, as must really mean it.

But besides that..... gay people..... are really just people... They don't have super powers, they don't ruin the youth.... what they want to do is their business.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I personally could not give a fig if you are gay, lesbian, black, white, chinese, asian, anglo saxon, muslim, christian or a little green man from Mars. You would be welcome by me in my neighbourhood and into my house .......... as long as you do not push a personal agenda on whatever you are to me and my family.

Apart from the little green man from Mars, I work alongside and with all the other 'types' that I have mentioned. I do not have a problem with it.

I would'nt go and 'fight' for their rights par se, but I would be their advocate in my workplace (Healthcare).

Live and let live, I say.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
I see no need to shun anybody including homosexuals, as they are people too. But to promote homosexuality as normal and healthy when it isn't is where the line needs to be drawn.

It's actually a pretty normal thing, female monkeys occasionally rub their genitals together as a sign of something, not sure what, and male monkeys literally play swords with their penis', and occasionally male and females will have gay oral sex.

It's surprisingly not that uncommon.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't understand why this still has to be an issue.

Everybody should just do as they like, as long as they don't hurt nobody.

People should just mind their own business.

Although I do have a bit of a problem with the "in your face" gay attitude that's seems to be popular now.

You know the flamboyant, campy, lisping gay guy. "Ow mai gawd!"

They kind off make it your business.

It's probably my own shortcomming, but honestly, guys like that make my blood boil.

I think a man should act like a man, gay or not gay.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
I don't understand why this still has to be an issue.

Everybody should just do as they like, as long as they don't hurt nobody.

People should just mind their own business.

Although I do have a bit of a problem with the "in your face" gay attitude that's seems to be popular now.

You know the flamboyant, campy, lisping gay guy. "Ow mai gawd!"

They kind off make it your business.

It's probably my own shortcomming, but honestly, guys like that make my blood boil.

I think a man should act like a man, gay or not gay.

Ya but that's apparent in every little clique.

You have that girl that's slutty and in your face.

You have that macho guy who's 6 foot 4, 300 pounds, and shops at the baby gap, and wants to tell you about his workout and how manly and hetero he is.

Or that manager guy that always tries to shove it in your face that he's a manager.

There's in your face people everywhere!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I've never feared it and always just understood it as pretty normal in my life tbh.

My oldest brother is gay and I knew from being little, him and his boyfriend used to take us out for trips and allsorts, mum and dad never had a problem with it and I tell you what, he was the best big brother any little boy could have wished for! him being gay had never and would never have been an issue because we never seen it as one!
I no longer have contact with him but those years growing up were great and treasured memories!

I personally think it's far more excepted now than in the past anyway! heck there were gay lads in the catholic school I attended and nobody battered an eyelid!

Saying that I do think there's a way to go yet in society!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

There's in your face people everywhere!

Don't like them either.

Except for the in my face slutty girl, oops, flaunted my hetero sexuality there.

Like I said, probably my own shortcomming.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Personally as a bisexual person(married to a man but have had lesbian(and straight) relations before my relationship and marriage), friend of many homosexual people, I see it as natural. As well as with my college background-which isn't biased here- in Biology, Anatomy and Physiology(human and animal), Psychology... for a Veterinary Medicine education, that it is infact natural.

With humans it is said scientifically during pregnancy women who suffer from extreme stress on average have a higher chance of a baby with more hormones and the brain structure/size of the opposite sex. Which in the future, as an example can lead to a more feminine male, who is more attracted to male hormones thus attracted to a man not a woman, etc. This can be future influenced by envoriment as well. Other cases can soley be envoiromental, such as some rape and molestation cases. There's choice to a point(someone choosing to experiment with being gay or bi), but after that a gay man trying to live as a straight man when he is clearly attracted to men is not only hurting himself but lieing to everyone around him.

In the animal kingdom homosexuality is very natural. Though, since we're talking of humans here I won't go into that.

I accept homoseuxality without consequences and would full stand for the rights.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
i have both family and friends who are homosexual or bisexual, and i belive that they have the same rights as everyone else, and trying to stiffle those rights with anti marriage, military exclusion and other practices is wronge, hurtful and ignorant . i have allways defended the rights of others be they religon, social, or political and that will not change.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

You'd have to be an eternal optimist to think ATS'ers would come rushing to the aid of gay people who were being rounded up.

Some might, most wouldn't. I wouldn't.

If the government had become so oppressive that "actions against gays" had occurred, there'd be more nobler causes for me to put my own head on the block. Which, I suppose, makes me little better than those who sleepwalked their way towards a Nazi Germany, except in my own case I'd be making a cause by cause judgment on where I'd stand my ground. I hope I would, anyway.

But perhaps, like those Germans, I'd never find the cause for which I'd be prepared to lose my own life. Which doesn't make me feel too comfortable with myself, this Sunday morning, I have to admit.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I absolutely accept the rights of gay people to live how they wish without suffering prejudice from other people...

I do and will continue to defend their rights as much as I possibly can...Tho I haven't had to resort to physical violence to defend their rights, I shall willingly do so if the situation where I need to arises, as I will for anything I strongly believe in...

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I did not bother to read all the posts.
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
Men loving men. or women loving women. To me its people loving people. In the end thats all this is. showing love to another person and we all crave love. I don't care what anyone else says.
I am not personally homosexual, nor bisexual. I am a man who lust's over women. Sex is part of most relationships and though i can Say I do not want to see it on the lawns of any suburbia. It would include male female relations. That belongs in the house or pool in the back. If a gay man saves my life I am happy. If a gay woman outdoes me in the work place. By any standards Gay or not she fairly beat me at the position. Gay and not gay is like black and not black. We are all children under these stars. Nothing can change that no one is less or more in this world. We are all just children under these stars. You can look at life with a bitter edge or you can just accept life means little without love. If I fins love regardless of its sex I fill privledges to have had that love. And unfortunetly ashamed that others would judge my love

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
why is there always a thread about homosexuality?, they don't upset anyone except prejudice people!? so where is the problem, the world is full of different people with different beliefs.

I wonder how many men have made women want to turn lol!?
or how many men have turned because of girls!?.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join