It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accepting homosexuality in our communities. ( POll )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Who said homosexuality wasn't a choice? Are you saying people aren't able to control who they lust after? So if a man commits adultery it's not his fault, or if a woman does it's not her fault,or those who rape are not guilty of anything? What's shocking is the shocking lack of common sense and carelessness in thought of people who say things like you do. Now when it comes to "natural" attraction, are you going to tell everyone that you know what the correct nature of people should be? If so, based on what? Anecodatal stories, Raelien goofballery? Sad stories or persecution? What is your evidence that it isn't a mental disorder like many other sexual ones, for example, attraction to non-living objects? If some woman had a beautiful form and wearing tight jeans, and the person seeing her was attracted to her jeans and not her, would you have me believe that that is "natural"? Or if a female child is sexually abused by ugly males all her life and so then becomes attracted to ugly abusive males, is that normal, "natural"? Of course not, who doesn't know about Wife-battering Syndrome or Stockholm Syndrome? You can also make someone bitter against a certain sex by leaving the sex out of the abuse, thereby biasing them against one gender.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
[double post]

[edit on 27-3-2010 by intrinsic]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Tykonos

I agree. I can come up with a few religious teachings which if followed would cause people to live in harmony

So, I probably do not think your post is daft, if you would tell me what 'daft' means I'd know for sure.

hi

Daft means silly

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a very good friend that is gay. I believe that he has the right to the same rights that I have. He is my friend for the person that he is and they way that he treats me and I do not waste my time worrying about what he does in the privacy of his own home as I am sure he doesn't where I am concerned. We are ALL human beings and that should be all that matters!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Greenize]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos
i'm sick and tired of hearing about a "gay agenda!"

Would you accuse Martin Luther King or nelson Mandela of having a black agenda?

It;s about trying to counter the ignorantce and bigotry that some still push out today.

On this I must say that there is a community of homosexuals that hold on and maybe even make worse that they are discriminated.
I come from the Netherlands and it is save to say that we we have been and are one of the most tolerant countries in the world.
But I think the gay pride is revolting. I don't like being forced to see anything like that. If I want to see naked people I'll do it in private or I will go to a nude beach or something.
Just like I think they have have the right to be respected and treated equal. I think they have to return the favour

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrinsic
Who said homosexuality wasn't a choice? Are you saying people aren't able to control who they lust after? So if a man commits adultery it's not his fault, or if a woman does it's not her fault,or those who rape are not guilty of anything? What's shocking is the shocking lack of common sense and carelessness in thought of people who say things like you do. Now when it comes to "natural" attraction, are you going to tell everyone that you know what the correct nature of people should be? If so, based on what? Anecodatal stories, Raelien goofballery? Sad stories or persecution? What is your evidence that it isn't a mental disorder like many other sexual ones, for example, attraction to non-living objects? If some woman had a beautiful form and wearing tight jeans, and the person seeing her was attracted to her jeans and not her, would you have me believe that that is "natural"? Or if a female child is sexually abused by ugly males all her life and so then becomes attracted to ugly abusive males, is that normal, "natural"? Of course not, who doesn't know about Wife-battering Syndrome or Stockholm Syndrome? You can also make someone bitter against a certain sex by leaving the sex out of the abuse, thereby biasing them against one gender.

OMg.....

Where do I strart......

Yes gay people have a choice who they may sleep with. They don't have a choice on what sex they find attractive or who they fall in love with.

Like a person can't help finding womens shoes or jeans a turn on.

So long as you are with a consenting adult who knows what they are doing and you aren't hurting them, what's the harm?

I'm sorry you see wife beating and sexual assault the same as gay people having sex. I'm not sure where your morals stand tbh

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrinsic
Who said homosexuality wasn't a choice? Are you saying people aren't able to control who they lust after?

I have no attraction whatsoever to men..I find them friend material, but cannot even begin to contemplate relations with one and personally I am not sure how anyone can.

So, for me, hetrosexuality is not a choice, it simply is a biological fact.

I can of course control who I sleep with..I am not out of control with my sexual orientation..just pretty set in stone. Are you saying you choose to be one way or another? is it a hard choice for you? Can you just as easily choose being whatever?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Originally posted by Tykonos
i'm sick and tired of hearing about a "gay agenda!"

Would you accuse Martin Luther King or nelson Mandela of having a black agenda?

It;s about trying to counter the ignorantce and bigotry that some still push out today.

On this I must say that there is a community of homosexuals that hold on and maybe even make worse that they are discriminated.
I come from the Netherlands and it is save to say that we we have been and are one of the most tolerant countries in the world.
But I think the gay pride is revolting. I don't like being forced to see anything like that. If I want to see naked people I'll do it in private or I will go to a nude beach or something.
Just like I think they have have the right to be respected and treated equal. I think they have to return the favour

Yeah many gay people feel the same, you are not alone

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrinsic

I say homosexuality is not a choice.
I do agree with you a little. Homosexual behaviour is most definitely a choice. But it is no more different than the choice from a heterosexual to have sex.

This explains it quite well. Wiki link

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I am str8 and a christian deist. and no person that can complain about my sexual fetishes or sexual views, and i do not complain about other as long as its legal.

One of the reasons i am a Deist is because i do not like bible thumpers and the way they treat others.

I know many gays and i never had them try to "force"there sexual orientation on me.

I have been verbally attacked for being a deist by bible thumpers.
I also have been harassed for being a nudist by bible thumpers.

I have never been verbally attacked for being a deist by anyone that is gay in fact a number of the gay community are deist.

I also have never been harassed for being a nudist by anyone that is gay.
(they may like what they see but that don't bother me about being a nudist.)

Nothing in the Deist Principles I live by says anything about sexual orientation,or nudism,

Deist Principles

You shall honor and worship the Creator in a fashion that suits you.
You shall treat others with dignity and respect and you shall insist that others respect your dignity as well.
You shall live life pragmatically and use Reason as the cornerstone for all you think, say and do.
You shall be honest and not lie, cheat or steal.
You shall not harm another unless it is in defense of yourself or loved ones.
You shall treat others as you want to be treated.
You shall take responsibility for your actions.
You shall have faith in yourself.
You shall honor and be faithful to your Father, your Mother and your Loved ones.
You shall learn from the mistakes that you will make.
You shall find awe, inspiration and beauty in the creation and the natural order of the universe.
You shall search for truth and be willing to accept new ideas based on reason as you are exposed to them.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i personally dont care either way, but its all or none.

if they go with the "i was born this way" arguement then i think i should be able to use the same alliby for being a drug user. or a criminal in general. and everybody just has to accept that and adjust to it.

if its a choice then it should be like any other choice and not effect anybody but the person making that choice. in which case the person doing the choosing should have to adjust, not society.

between you me and the fence, i dont care. if i dont see it and it doesnt effect me then its not a problem in my book. but i dont see how this particular issue is special...and why they should get special treatment.

they might have an arguement if homosexuality had a reproductive/scientific/natural element to it but...sorry. its a complete passion issue which like it or not lumps it into the same catogory as drug addicts, and society didnt change for them.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I'm sorry to say this but you are relating to unwanted, undesired behaviour which actually lead to harm and or cause health problems of yourself and others.

Therefore it is by no means at all the same as feeling sexual attraction towards another adult human being.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
and being homosexual isnt even illigal.

i live in California where we decided that if we want to use cannabis for its medicinal benifits then we arent prevented from doing so in private.

but im not expecting medicare to conform and buy me my next bag.

and to be honest i could say everything you said about homosexuality. i could argue its just as dangerous, and just as unwanted/undesired. its a perspective issue.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is an issue that will never have a solution. On one side we have the anti-gay religious right who just cannot stand the fact that there are gay people and they cannot stop it. On the other side we have the element of the gay crowd that has this strange desire to not only be gay but also to parade down the street in tutus with their pieces parts flapping in the breeze while the rest of us are choking and gagging.

Enough already. Far as I am concerned my next door neighbor can have sex with monkeys on a trapeze in his basement, I just don't want to hear about it.
Be gay, no problem, just shut up, because the fact is nobody really gives a rats ass what you do behind closed doors. I would bet a dollar to a donut that the gay guys that were denied service at the B&B did not just show up, smile and be nice and keep their relationship to themselves. Sure as anything they made a big obvious deal about being gay otherwise how would the lady have known?

The solution would be if the religious right would accept civil unions regardless of the sex of the couple (which they won't), and gays would stop insisting on torturing the rest of by making such a public spectacle of their sex life (which they won't).

I was at the St Louis zoo once... and the Chimps got to throwing excrement at each other. Thats about what this stupidity looks like, sure glad I am on the other side of the glass.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The difference is that it is if there were no other men around you would still be gay but if there was introduction of cannabis in your live. You wouldn't even notice.

You brought up a subject which is against ATS regulations. I suggest you leave it at this.

ps. in my country it is allowed and I don't

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Please tell me where a feeling becomes dangerous, undesired or anything else.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

could you re-word that so that it makes sense?

i dont understand how the two issues are any different.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Re-word what exactly ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join