It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Harbor - The Attack was Rumored Before it Happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am not sure if this document has been discussed before on ATS, so please delete this if necessary. I did a quick search to find out.

To: Commander in Chief Pacific Fleet

Subject: Rumored Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

1. The following is forwarded for your information.
Under date of 27 January the American Ambassador at Tokyo
telegraphed the State Department to the following effect:

"The Peruvian Minister has informed a member of
my staff that he has heard from many sources,
including a Japanese source, that in the event
of trouble breaking out between the United States
and Japan, the Japanese intend to make a surprise
attack against Pearl Harbor with all of their
strength and employing all of their equipment.
The Peruvian Minister considered the rumors
fantastic. Nevertheless he considered them of
sufficient importance to convey this information
to a member of my staff."

2. The Division of Naval Intelligence places no
credence in these rumors. Furthermore, based on known date
regarding the preset disposition and employment of Japanese
naval and army forces, no move against Pearl Harbor appears
imminent or planned for in the foreseeable future.

Jules James
By direction

Original Document

Document Transcript

I found this while using the StumbleUpon add-on for Firefox.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Dear Phlynx

Not only was Pearl Harbor allowed to happen FDR planed it to happen.

Sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
we did know that the Japonese were going to attack us but "where" was never reveled in any codebreaking by the navy.
www.cnrs-scrn.org...

I also believe the clues were all there but like 911 different agencies of the government were not talking to each other.

The navy knew a attack was planed somewhere and the philippines was what they thought was the target.

The FBI had a number of suspected spies under surveillance.
But they had never been told about the army code-breakers breaking the japanese diplomatic "Purple" code. or the navy reading the japanese naval code.

Plus the army never exchanged the Purple" code information with the Navy that had broke the japanese naval codes.

If the navy intercepts had been added to the army intercepts and the FBI spy investigations at pearl harbor. It would have been no stretch to know something was going to happen at pearl harbor.

Plus the US navy did not know about the special torpedoes the Japanese had, the two man subs, or the special armor piercing bombs that could pierce battleship armor.
Without these the Japanese would not have been able to do as much damage as they did.

This lead the navy to not understand how much damage the japanese were capable of.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
we did know that the Japonese were going to attack us but "where" was never reveled in any codebreaking by the navy.
www.cnrs-scrn.org...

I also believe the clues were all there but like 911 different agencies of the government were not talking to each other.

The navy knew a attack was planed somewhere and the philippines was what they thought was the target.

The FBI had a number of suspected spies under surveillance.
But they had never been told about the army code-breakers breaking the japanese diplomatic "Purple" code. or the navy reading the japanese naval code.

Plus the army never exchanged the Purple" code information with the Navy that had broke the japanese naval codes.

If the navy intercepts had been added to the army intercepts and the FBI spy investigations at pearl harbor. It would have been no stretch to know something was going to happen at pearl harbor.

Plus the US navy did not know about the special torpedoes the Japanese had, the two man subs, or the special armor piercing bombs that could pierce battleship armor.
Without these the Japanese would not have been able to do as much damage as they did.

This lead the navy to not understand how much damage the japanese were capable of.

Did you even read the original post? The document says that there was a rumored surprise attack to happen on Pearl Harbor. They just didn't act on the rumor.

Read before you say they didn't know where it would happen.

top topics

join