It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hate to just post a link, but this is an animation showing the history of Earth, and some of the history of our Solar System.

The Future of our World

Just a fair warning, this WILL make you feel small and insignificant. We have no importance in the grand scheme of things.

Life on Earth ends by Earth turning into a planet much like Arrakis in the book Dune.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, we may have no significance in the grand scheme of things, but luckily we occupy human perspectives, and in fact are the most significant things from that point of view.

Isn't consciousness and experiece and awareness important, even if it's not physically large or it doesn't last billions of years? Are size and longevity the true measures of significance? I think not. I think thinking and having a conscious mind is worth a gazillion light years and at least several billion years.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We really aren't even considered "mini specks" to be honest -

Look at this photo - this should prove to us how silly we are to
think we are "somebody" in the big scheme of things.

The Pale Blue Dot

Yes, that is Earth - and its almost 7 billion peeps aboard it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is basically why back in the day the Catholic church refused to believe the sun was the center of the universe instead of the earth. Just imagine, we aren't the center of the universe and God didn't really favor us as primary, we are secondary to the sun. Oh no!

Anyway, yes, we really are insignificant. There are more stars (and likely more planets) in our galaxy than there are people on this planet. And there are hundreds of billions of galaxies throughout the universe. And to think that light, which seems instantaneous to us, actually takes years to travel across the Milky Way is staggering in itself.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Space Material/JUNK thrown at our Sun

The cause and effect. In two or six years if NASA is correct. We will see many, many stars rest assured.

FACT Earth becomes a mini Lightning planet with fewer marine lifeforms other than humans and animals. Storms arrive slowly getting worse in percentage, FICTIONALworld power technology is damaged. Update required. Go green.

FACT Ozone layer is damaged, due to Sun radiation and therefor why Earth is to become a mini Lightning planet. FICTIONAL - Islands will sink or rotate due to the Ocean effect.
FICTIONAL A possible Comet impact directly into the Sun of a certain size, a % boost by a good way to us. We don't need a comet collision with Earth.

FACTIf this unknown % such damage were worse enough, trigger of volcanic eruption.

FACTUnderstanding weather on other planets helps atmospheric scientists better understand our Earth's weather.

FACT

1 . All Earth nations will be forced to survive underneath the planet. Lightning travels underground, does it?

FACT:

This would have to be a must going underground as no scientist or ruler of our Earth populations ever had thought of such a possibility for SHELTER.

FICTIONAL I'm sure they HAVE THOUGHT but were having the lack of FUND APPROVAL.

NEEDING TO LEAVE THE PLANET

FICTIONAL 1 Transfer current Earth population to another planet with vegetation and abundance.

OR

2 Miserable decent survival land with food to build new home (If science was good enough we would support already a spot on the closest area of the Moon or SOMEWHERE for emergency shelter if WAR technology wasn't so cleverly around)

This transfer of = population or is lucky enough it will be on a surface breathable sky room with a new telescope view. Not Earth but slowly ready to enhance. An entire sky room built for walking on land without the lungs gasping for air.

DENIED 3 Exposure of secret plans of an international space station research, if any exist for such when needed for shelter.

On a positive side. The grass is beautiful outside and blooming abundance as the weather continues to have a breaking change. We are unprepared but have predictions for billions of years. So beaUTIFUL for a tan.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by FungShuiMyLife]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Just a fair warning, this WILL make you feel small and insignificant. We have no importance in the grand scheme of things.

such a wonderful hope that atheists hold out for us. where do i sign up?

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by Phlynx

such a wonderful hope that atheists hold out for us. where do i sign up?

Who said I was Atheist? This has nothing to do with religion.

new topics

top topics

join