It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook: not the cause of Syphilis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Facebook: not the cause of Syphilis

ibtimes.com.au

Facebook opposed the reports of a certain public health official linking the site to a rise on the rate of syphilis among its users.

The social networking site finds the report as "ridiculous" and it remains firm that the website does not at all have something to do with the increase of the cases of the sexually transmitted disease. The Telegraph reported that Facebook is not taking the report as true. Representatives said that the site "is no more responsible for STD transmission than newspapers are responsible for bad vision."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
How can a social networking website be the culprit in spreading an STD?

Anything's possible.

Users can surf for multiple sex partners and bang each other. To them, it's so fun.

Most of them are like one-night stands, the users having not met each other before previously.

But catching an STD is no fun. It's like walking with a pebble in your foot.

ibtimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think both Facebook AND the newspaper have forgotten that the users both had a choice. They chose to have sex, and as a result got the STD, in this Orwellian state the UK is now in everyone's forgotten about this oversight and have somehow thought that "Facebook made me get STDs", which is of course stupid.
Everyone always wants to blame someone else but themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh Noes! I already posted on my wall for everyone to wash their monitors off that Facebook was transmitting STD's.

I wonder if the same was said for the first newspaper personal ads?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lmao

after I read the original thread with the first
announcement, I pretty much knew there was
gonna be a law suit involved here.
And I still do

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

But catching an STD is no fun. It's like walking with a pebble in your foot.

It makes you limp?

If an STD has affected your lower extremities to that extent, I guess you're one of those people who keeps putting their foot in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Facebook is certainly not responsible for the increased transmission of STDS, but it IS arguable that it has helped to indirectly facilitate the transmission of STDS by providing a means for people to meet one another, specifically for casual sex.

Of course, it means about as much as two people separated by a 10 foot wall, with a ladder lying down next to them.

Facebook is just the ladder. They are merely a prominent catalyst for STD transmission.

new topics

top topics

join