It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUE CONSPIRACY in the making!!! Wiki Leak vs NASA!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well I am always open to a conspiracy debate when one arises and today while discussing two topics, one did arise.

As many know there is a thread (link below) on ATS concerning the Wiki-Leaks video of the governments shooting of a journalist and it being covered up. Wiki Leaks has announced that on April 5th they will reveal the video in question and TPTB have been harassing them since this announcement. So with April 5th closing quickly what could come up to deflect the anticipation of this video?

WELL, Friday NASA announces that one of their final Space Shuttle launches will be set for April 5th and they are OPENLY discussing seal/leak issues and other possibilities that could bring disaster to the shuttle. A friend of mine who loves space, NASA, and all things skyward said its weird that NASA would so openly talk about the possibility of the shuttle being "in danger". Some articles have stated that NASA personnel have decided it is safe to launch on the 5th of April.

Here is where the "conspiracy" started creeping in. Is NASA (the government) going to launch on the same day as a leaked video hoping to turn people's attention away? Is the government willing to openly talk about another shuttle disaster and "plan one" to pull ALL attention away from this leaked video? We all know if the shuttle were to blow up again, EVERY major network would cover that tragedy for 2-3-4 days and focus on NOTHING else....basically not giving Wiki-Leaks the exposure their hoping for.

So in the land of conspiracy, ATS, I am curious what you all think. Could this truly be SOMETHING...or simply just a coincidence and has no meret at all??? No matter the outcome it made for a good conversation while BBQing the burgers and dogs...

EDIT TO ADD: Here are the two related threads...

Wiki Leaks going to reveal secret video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA chooses April 5th as launch day and discusses launch problems:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/27/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good insight. We already know TPTB have it in them to use the demise of innocent people to distract us from their wrong doings. The Pentagon comes to mind with Rumsfield on Sept 10th stating they LOST 3 TRILLION dollars, yes with a "T" TRILLION. Then BAM, 9/11

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have a theory, that just by mentioning a conspiracy or an event in the making, it is diverted to another day, or canceled. This would make it so that there are more and more failed predictions, causing people to not want to predict anymore.

By predicting something, you may just be saving lives under this theory by stopping whatever is planned!.
Things like ATS would make it near impossible to fit something in with all of the ideas coming through.

That's why everything is so completely unpredictable when it does happen.

Anyways, just thinking a bit.

Hopefully nothing happens.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There wouldn't necessarily need to be any disaster, just the "threat" of one. Given NASA's past track record, they only need introduce the possibility and the media will be all over it like a rash, and the public will simply be fixated in that "waiting for a train wreck" sort of way. Everything could go off without a hitch but the attention of the masses will be so easily distracted by the "impendind disaster" that the wikileaks leak will go largely noticed. Or at least that would be the plan were in not for the fact that some poeple couldn't give a flying fork about space launches and would find the wikileaks leak of far more interest.

I don't honestly see a disaster, I think it would be far to obvious given the public's ever growing awareness of the ol' slight of hand trickery.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It did cross my mind, but as Obama is hell-bent on getting rid of the Shuttle anyway it'll be a needless cause.
The US has to get the parts up to the ISS to finish their command post in order to communicate with the UFO fleet up there.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I have a theory, that just by mentioning a conspiracy or an event in the making, it is diverted to another day, or canceled. This would make it so that there are more and more failed predictions, causing people to not want to predict anymore.

By predicting something, you may just be saving lives under this theory by stopping whatever is planned!.
Things like ATS would make it near impossible to fit something in with all of the ideas coming through.

That's why everything is so completely unpredictable when it does happen.

Hopefully nothing happens.

Wow, seriously gives you something to think about. I appreciate your logic Phlynx

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Honestly man, is this your first space launch? They ALWAYS talk about the dangers, from weather to an electronic malfunction etc. I believe that majority of ppl don't watch or care for space launches, and when the hear the words "danger" or "hazard" they believe "something is up". BS and grow up.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Great thinking, OP....

Hopefully you will just be labled as a "conspiracy nut", and none of this will come to fruition. Unfortunately, it all does add up. The Govt is really scared of this new wikileaks video, and I wouldn't put it past them to do something to try to sweep it under the rug.

Remember how 9/11 happened the day after Rumsfeld announced that like 12 trillion (I think) was missing and unaccounted for in the defense budget.

They know the media-game well, and they play for keeps.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's unusual for there to be a shuttle launch which does not have launch concerns. Weather, seals, leaks.

It's a complicated and somewhat scary beast.

[edit on 3/27/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All they would really need to do, is schedule American Idol for that day or have some controversy around the show. Maybe even have Paris Hilton wear an odd shoe color or something. Most Americans would then care less about anything important.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

I don't think it is a prediction as much as it is bringing a possibility into awareness. We should be careful in how we reference these possibilities and do not call them 'predictions'.

Your analogy is the very meaning of the scripture about "the (their) days being shortened because of the elect". When people are alert to these things the wicked have to change their plans. It screws them up. Also, they are prone to make more mistakes when they must quickly cover up something. Their days of wickedness are shortened because perceptive individuals are spilling the beans and spoiling their surprises and evil intentions.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The part that made me wonder wasn't the tuning in for the launch, but the idea that IF there was another shuttle disaster the media would suppress pretty much everything else. TV, Radio, and Internet would be flooded with the shuttle news and EVERYTHING else, including the Wiki Leaks released video wouldn't get the attention folks are hoping for.

I personally don't care what occurs, just thought it was an interesting conversation and something that some would want to discuss, especially here and that its happening the same day. Again regardless of what actually occurs, just thought it was interesting.

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
Honestly man, is this your first space launch? They ALWAYS talk about the dangers, from weather to an electronic malfunction etc. I believe that majority of ppl don't watch or care for space launches, and when the hear the words "danger" or "hazard" they believe "something is up".

Nope, not my first...but since I don't really pay attention to them, except the actual lift off, I wouldn't know if they discuss the issues at hand with launching. I don't watch their press confrences etc....

BS and grow up.

Someone pissed in your cheerios huh....

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
not to detract from your thread or hypothesis but
I for one read about the April 5th launch
BEFORE Wikileaks posted their announcement.
So I'm relatively sure they are not connected.
If something does happen to the launch, I'm
quite sure it will be accidental in nature.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No worries...It very well may have been announced LONG ago...I only found out today and was told the announcment was made friday (3/26) by NASA. They could of set this date back in January and I wouldn't have had a clue...lol

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Imagine the stresses on the shuttle during takeoff. It must be incredible. I'm amazed every single time I see a launch. amazed that it gets up there in one piece.

The three main engines together provide almost 1.2 million pounds of thrust and the two solid rocket boosters provide a total of 6,600,000 pounds of thrust. The total thrust at launch is about 7.8 million pounds. To achieve orbit, the shuttle must accelerate from zero to a speed of almost 28,968 kilometers per hour (18,000 miles per hour), a speed nine times as fast as the average rifle bullet

A good link here -

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

[edit on 27-3-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Just curious if anyone has info on a NASA mission called Raphael. A few years back I saw it was scheduled ...I cannot remember date, but it was between 2009-2011. The information has since been removed. The reason this mission stands out is because, according to scriptures, Raphael is supposed to signal the start of Judgement Day.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
even if they did divert some peoples attention im sure someone is gonna post the video on youtube. If it really is that important it will be noticed and people will see the footage

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So why doesn't wiki-leaks just release the video tomorrow and not tell anyone so its not shut down? No, let's announce when we are going to do this and give everyone time to set something up like a shuttle disaster, then just wait to release it when there is a mega disaster on the news.

i don't get it.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I was having a conversation about what diversion MSM would use on the 5th. Also I think we should start seeing a demonization campaign from MSM pretty soon against wikileaks.

Hopefully that potential barksdale incident we avoided back in 07' won't come back.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be easy to just DDoS wikileaks or hack it?
Pretty sure NSA has all the tools they need for such a job.
And considering WL is operating on a low budget, I doubt they can survive an attack. Keep doing that for a few days, and a lot of people would lose an interest to that event. Maybe.
Whatever, it's all speculation now till something happens, we will see...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join