It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes individuality right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So the main struggle at ATS here seems to be the ultimate answer on whats right and whats wrong.

What is the best way to achieve inner peace, and not be brought down by the negative things around you. Every person, every TV show, every post, is just a test. A test of how you are going to hold that belief up the standards of your reality.

We often blame the government because we are basically just a small offspring on the values of our government. And because of that, the more aware we get, the more we realize how brain-washed and controlled we are, the more we want to break free from those reigns that constrain us.

But the question I have, is why do we see individuality (the breaking away from the greater group) which the greater group is the government because they control everyone. And only a handful of us truly know the power that those greater groups have over us...most people in the world here the term "free will" thrown around and think about their current freedoms they have.

But say we do break away from the government entirely, we destroy them, our reality becomes the reality of the rest of humanity. Then it's basically back to square one. Because at one time the entire government was just one person...one person who held the entire control over his entire civilization. The person everyone looked up to...the god on Earth.

Now I understand that this way of thinking is a great way to live in today's world, because most people are completely under governmental and community influence, and the further we distance ourselves from that group, the better individuality we achieve in our own reality.

The more negatives-the more mysterious we are- the more positive vibes it seems to send for some reason. Especially when we are well liked. It just goes back to the fundamental formula that a positive attracts a negative.

But if you controlled the Earth, had the power...you would be just as greedy as the government, it's impossible to account for every need of everything you control...much like emotions. You can't as much control your own emotions as you could control the emotions of millions of others.

So really...just what makes me and you here at ATS, right?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

Right and wrong is subject to quantum perception. It's an illusion.
So people have to learn compassion and understanding for both sides of an issue and stop fighting.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well then we can really blame the government, because everything they do is not only their best interest, but our own as well.

So basically the answer is that everyone must find their own answer inside the world of the government/community/whatever they were born into?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000
reply to post by Nostradumbass

Right and wrong is subject to quantum perception. It's an illusion.
So people have to learn compassion and understanding for both sides of an issue and stop fighting.

Exactly!!!

through my own experiences ive learned that many people tend to attatch themselves to their first impression of a concept/idea and then tend to ignore any opinions/facts that discredits it, yet they continue to embrace anything that supports it.

What is the word im looking for? ... oh yea "BIAS". It isn't untill we can look at these scenarios "objectfully" that we can progress our collective intelligence and show true "compassion and understanding" for both sides of any arguement.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nostradumbass
Well then we can really blame the government, because everything they do is not only their best interest, but our own as well.

So basically the answer is that everyone must find their own answer inside the world of the government/community/whatever they were born into?

Everyone has to look within themselves, to find peace away from all disputes.
The less enemies you have in your mind, the less fighting goes on.

We are our worst enemies anyway, so the mirror is the answer to most of our problems.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think we all just have to accept right could be wrong and wrong could be right. But only forcing ones right or wrong and cause harm doing so, I believe must be prevented.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Every person, every TV show, every post, is just a test. A test of how you are going to hold that belief up the standards of your reality.

Right, A test that will either re-enforce your beliefs, or maybe progress them, or it could even cause you to establish new ones all together. Guess what im trying to say is that our ideas are always changing and/or evolving and i believe one should not look at these certain events as trying to tarnish or destroy your beliefs, but more as a "progress report" that reminds you of where you WERE as to where you ARE now.

How much has changed about you since you first learned to remove your hand from a hot stove.

You should not be afraid to question your own truths/opinions/motives/philosophies, because that is what makes you "YOU" IMO, this defines you as an individual. There's Nothing wrong with believing in something, but it is just as important to know why you believe in it.

why do we see individuality

Because we choose to observe rather than follow, without question, what we are being told and how it differs from what we are discovering on our own. perhaps we have learned to see the world from a different perspective than the one we were previously conditioned to.

at one time the entire government was just one person...one person who held the entire control over his entire civilization. The person everyone looked up to...the god on Earth.

hmmm... based on your statement it seems the problem stemmed when man stopped viewing eachother as equals, which caused man to begin following man, and it was through this process man learned the different ways "one" can control many. ex. through violence, and/or brainwashing, respect, or love. Depends on the one who is leading. In my opinion anyway

I believe man is still animal by nature and the range of maturity and responsibility among men is vast. Without a system of rewards and punishments for certain acts commited a civil society would fail and return back to sqaure 1 (animal like). Perhaps that is why it was decided by TPTB that man should be led by a figure head(s) thus the creation of "government" and the many different "ranks" within the society. Under this type of control men will not be seen as equals, but by title or rank (ex. peasant, king, artist, poet) when hearing these titles, one comes to the generalization of what they expect them to be like. Now is it the title or rank given to you by society that defines your individuality, or maybe it's what you do for a living that defines who you are? No, it is how you think, the decisions you make, and how you go about handling them that defines you from others. again just my opinion

But if you controlled the Earth, had the power...you would be just as greedy as the government, it's impossible to account for every need of everything you control...much like emotions. You can't as much control your own emotions as you could control the emotions of millions of others.

It was once asked why there are no honest people in control of society. It is because honest people know they should not be in control.

So really...just what makes me and you here at ATS, right?

... it seems we are all driven by our curiosity to be here and ultimately, right or wrong will always remain within the perception of the observer

they tell me curiosity killed the cat... well then i guess its a good thing im not a cat

[edit on 27-3-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]
*edit* spelling

[edit on 28-3-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

top topics

join