It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Aurora

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't think the source though is very credible. Excellent pic none the less

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dosen't the Aurora have those engines that burn fuel in bursts, leading to the whole "doughnuts on a rope" exaust trail? I see no doughnuts and no rope.

~Astral

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Dont they only burn if the engines are on... as lude as that sounds... havin the engines off or somethin :S

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Two things.

Nobody can say it is or isn't the Aurora because you don't know what it looks like.

Secondly the picture is a fake. You can see where the person used the photoshop smudge tool to try and blend it in. It's very obvious. Also the plane is too sharp considering it's proximity to the photographer and the lack of sharpness of the ground features. Unless the person was a skilled photographer and using a good camera it's highly unlikely they could pan a moving object like that and keep it in focus, especially in a low light setting.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intensity
Two things.

Nobody can say it is or isn't the Aurora because you don't know what it looks like.

Secondly the picture is a fake. You can see where the person used the photoshop smudge tool to try and blend it in. It's very obvious. Also the plane is too sharp considering it's proximity to the photographer and the lack of sharpness of the ground features. Unless the person was a skilled photographer and using a good camera it's highly unlikely they could pan a moving object like that and keep it in focus, especially in a low light setting.

Hmmm, well we do know what it looks like, for one there are credible pictures, like the one taken on 1990, that was proven to be real...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A Photoshop smudge ehh?

Well here ya go then Intensity, you tell me if this plane is fake or real?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What plane is that? Its...wow (not a technical analysis
)! Definatly futuristic!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
A Photoshop smudge ehh?

All though that is an existing aircraft, that is merely photoshop of the aircraft, the aircraft looks nearly animated to me, it does not coexist with its environment, for better luck, try using a real photo, not a digitilized one...

By the way, what makes it plausible is the fact that Boeing did make that aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
)! Definatly futuristic!

It is the Bird of Prey, I forget which designation, I know it is the X-3(something)...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

)! Definatly futuristic!

It is the Bird of Prey, I forget which designation, I know it is the X-3(something)...

Shattered OUT...

The one i found by googling it was the X-3 Stiletto... didnt know boeing made shoes.

1 last thing, you ever thought about stopping in??

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

)! Definatly futuristic!

Shattered OUT...

1 last thing, you ever thought about stopping in??

"Stopping in"? Meaning?

O and by the way, I was completely wrong, it was the X-45a Bird Of Prey...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Im guessin by all the google finds it actually exists?? and as for the stopping in, i was being cheeky (and its 3am), ya always end with 'shattered OUT'

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The reason why, is I enjoy closing each of my posts with a signature type implement, such as Seekrof uses Regards,
Seekrof
I use Shattered OUT...(Like when you end a transmission you say your name and then OUT)

So now you know...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The reason why, is I enjoy closing each of my posts with a signature type implement, such as Seekrof uses Regards,
Seekrof
I use Shattered OUT...(Like when you end a transmission you say your name and then OUT)

So now you know...

Shattered OUT...

lol i consider my ass well and truley kicked
i now have a pic of that plane as my wallpaper btw
the boeing one

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
X-45A is Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle clone,
not the BOP which is a one-seater.

Here ya go Stuey, bigger pic of same plane here:
www.globalsecurity.org...
That was the real McCoy photo btw, not a digitized paste job.

Here's the main page to the Bird of Prey:
www.globalsecurity.org...

And Boeing's:
www.boeing.com...

Just for the record I'm an artist and computer graphics pro for many years...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

...Such nice work they did after I left Seattle....

BTW, back on topic:
The original poster discussed what was obviously hoax material.
Aside from it being oriented at such a ridiculous angle so near ground,
Regenmacher points out it more closely resembles a kid's kite,
which would more naturally be oriented at this angle.

Aside from that, the wingtips are hopelessly wrong for hich speed.

Boeing, judging by their beautiful Bird of Prey,
and I (my avatar) explore the stability of inverted winglets.

cheers from heres

[edit on 2004-6-7 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Bird of Prey. So cool.

The Scotland picture is photoshoped, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but being a photographer and a photoshop user it looks like it was pasted in, and then they used the smudge tool meld the background it. Notice the halo around the "aircraft". I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Shattered, I think the 1990 pict you are talking about was actually a fake, a composite made, and I think that is fairly well documented. If you are talking about the guy who was the aircraft expert who saw the midair refueling w/ F111s that is a drawing.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Could well be scotland. There is a RAF station at Macrahanish on the west coast. The US have facilities there and we test some of our secret stuff there. Very high but covert security. Reports of antigravity vehicles being flown. If it was slow and low, it was probably in the 'circuit' and would not show contrails. I have seen another pic of this craft, and it is identical in planform. Aurora seems to be a devolpment of Kingfish, which General Dynamics had on the drawing board at the same time as the SR71.
It was MUCH faster but would take longer to develop. It appears they have finished the job now Mach 5-8. This ties in with the strange contrails seen over New Mexico and the distinctive sounds, which have been recorded on seismic eqipment.
Incidentally reports of a similar craft were made several years back at RAF Wethersfield in Essex, It was very quickly hushed up.

More pics please!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

A Photoshop smudge ehh?

Don't be an ass...

anyway, intensity is 100% correct, no one knows 100% for sure what the aircraft looks like. The picture is in fact a fake.

Oh, and you're little aircraft there is the X-39 Bird of Prey from Boeing, would you shut up now, I've got REAL information to deal with instead of dealing with you guys who think you know everything

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
[

Oh, and you're little aircraft there is the X-39 Bird of Prey from Boeing, would you shut up now, I've got REAL information to deal with instead of dealing with you guys who think you know everything

As of mid-2001 the X-39 designator was apparenty unassigned, but it is reported to be reserved for use by the Air Force Research Laboratory. The designation may be intended for subscale unmanned demonstrators planned under the Future Aircraft Technology Enhancements (FATE) program, which was sponsored by Wright Laboratory (WL) in Dayton, Ohio.

Please See X-39

The Bird of Prey never received an X designation as it was not a governmental project, but one funded by Beoing (apparently the whole program cost $67m, v. little today for stealth!)

It was however the pre-cursoe the X-45 UCAV (which is a government funded project).

By the way the early 90's Scottish Oil Rig photo of the Aurora and 2 F-111 refuelling has been shown to be a fake it was in fact a flight of 3 F-111's

[edit on 10-6-2004 by Popeye]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join