It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 The Year We Make Contact.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For all those that haven’t seen this movie, i recommend you go see it.

"a joint American- Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to discover what went wrong with the U.S.S. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. Among the mysteries the expedition must explain are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit"

"My God, Its full of stars"

Since we have been on the topic about this holographic world and flat multi dimensional plains, that’s what I believe this monolith is. a 2D plain of another universe.

www.youtube.com...

Its also very interesting Jupiter turns into our Second Sun.

www.youtube.com...

Since we've been in huge debate about a second sun in the past years.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sv_gravity 800
For all those that haven’t seen this movie, i recommend you go see it.

"a joint American- Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to discover what went wrong with the U.S.S. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. Among the mysteries the expedition must explain are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit"

"My God, Its full of stars"

Since we have been on the topic about this holographic world and flat multi dimensional plains, that’s what I believe this monolith is.

Its also very interesting Jupiter turns into our Second Sun.

Since we've been in huge debate about a second sun in the past years.

Both 2001 and 2010 were fantastic books, but I'm confused what you mean by a huge debate about a second sun, are you talking about nemisis?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to respond to a thread that recommends a movie.
Ummmm, thanks.

Is it ok to watch for it's entertainment value or do I need to tell myself, this is
somehow, Hollywood hiding the truth of our universe in plain sight?!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There are multiple theories about second suns.

Yes, It appears you know about one of them.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There are multipule theories about second suns.

Which other ones? Nibiru? Those are myths.
Or are you talking about the even crazier conspiracy theory about a plot to turn jupiter or saturn I think into a second sun?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Myths, Theories?... whatever they are, its still information up for debate.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What do you mean the information is up for debate? Do you mean about its validity? It's a myth, there is no planet nibiru thats going to crash into us in 2012..

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
DRIVING through the countryside south of Hanover, it would be easy to miss the GEO600 experiment. From the outside, it doesn't look much: in the corner of a field stands an assortment of boxy temporary buildings, from which two long trenches emerge, at a right angle to each other, covered with corrugated iron. Underneath the metal sheets, however, lies a detector that stretches for 600 metres.

For the past seven years, this German set-up has been looking for gravitational waves - ripples in space-time thrown off by super-dense astronomical objects such as neutron stars and black holes. GEO600 has not detected any gravitational waves so far, but it might inadvertently have made the most important discovery in physics for half a century.

For many months, the GEO600 team-members had been scratching their heads over inexplicable noise that is plaguing their giant detector. Then, out of the blue, a researcher approached them with an explanation. In fact, he had even predicted the noise before he knew they were detecting it. According to Craig Hogan, a physicist at the Fermilab particle physics lab in Batavia, Illinois, GEO600 has stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time - the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into "grains", just as a newspaper photograph dissolves into dots as you zoom in. "It looks like GEO600 is being buffeted by the microscopic quantum convulsions of space-time," says Hogan.

If this doesn't blow your socks off, then Hogan, who has just been appointed director of Fermilab's Center for Particle Astrophysics, has an even bigger shock in store: "If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram."

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

DRIVING through the countryside south of Hanover, it would be easy to miss the GEO600 experiment. From the outside, it doesn't look much: in the corner of a field stands an assortment of boxy temporary buildings, from which two long trenches emerge, at a right angle to each other, covered with corrugated iron. Underneath the metal sheets, however, lies a detector that stretches for 600 metres.

For the past seven years, this German set-up has been looking for gravitational waves - ripples in space-time thrown off by super-dense astronomical objects such as neutron stars and black holes. GEO600 has not detected any gravitational waves so far, but it might inadvertently have made the most important discovery in physics for half a century.

For many months, the GEO600 team-members had been scratching their heads over inexplicable noise that is plaguing their giant detector. Then, out of the blue, a researcher approached them with an explanation. In fact, he had even predicted the noise before he knew they were detecting it. According to Craig Hogan, a physicist at the Fermilab particle physics lab in Batavia, Illinois, GEO600 has stumbled upon the fundamental limit of space-time - the point where space-time stops behaving like the smooth continuum Einstein described and instead dissolves into "grains", just as a newspaper photograph dissolves into dots as you zoom in. "It looks like GEO600 is being buffeted by the microscopic quantum convulsions of space-time," says Hogan.

If this doesn't blow your socks off, then Hogan, who has just been appointed director of Fermilab's Center for Particle Astrophysics, has an even bigger shock in store: "If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram."

www.scribd.com...

That doesn't say anything about nibiru though, and has already been scaled down in size due to miscalculations.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

What do you mean the information is up for debate? Do you mean about its validity? It's a myth, there is no planet nibiru thats going to crash into us in 2012..

You’re so enclosed its funny, every time you reply to any of my posts you're so unopened.

I'm not saying there is going to be a *********** planet crash into us a 2012 you must of been reading the wrong window to come to that conclusion reading the information I gave.

I’m saying there are so many second sun conspiracies and myths, that there could be a link there alone, maybe all these myths derived from something more truthful.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

do you have the artical?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

There are multipule theories about second suns.

Which other ones? Nibiru? Those are myths.
Or are you talking about the even crazier conspiracy theory about a plot to turn jupiter or saturn I think into a second sun?

Erased.

Change of heart.

~ Zeus

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

See i can believe that its plausible, but i ca't sit here and say its fact without any proof. Thats my problem.

What i found REALLY interasting about this movie.

Do smart enough computers dream? The most intelligent life dreams, we dont know why

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

See i can believe that its plausible, but i ca't sit here and say its fact without any proof. Thats my problem.

What i found REALLY interasting about this movie.

Do smart enough computers dream? The most intelligent life dreams, we dont know why

Erased.

Change of heart.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

There are multiple theories about second suns.

dude if there was TWO SUNS I'd go the desert somewhere in the U.S with my replica light saber and a robe and pretend I was on Tatooine.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've always heard a lot of sci-fi has SOME truth to it regarding secrets. I have seen 2010 and I thought it was pretty good, at the time I never really analyzed it but it could have some facts behind it.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Erased.

Change of heart.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Accepting the infinitely better interpretation of actual evidence is not lying. What do you mean you saw Nibiru? Like in a dream? The whole Nirbiru story just doesn't agree with any of the observations. Don't you know that astronomers are civilians? They're not black-ops NWO dis-info ninjas. They're not concealing the end of the world from you, or anyone else. Nibiru just doesn't exist.

It's sounds like it's very important to you to reject the mainstream worldview because it is mainstream.

If you have 100 people saying something isn't true and 50 saying it is, I would put my money on the 50.

Why would the number of people even matter? The answer is that if your decision making were rational, it wouldn't matter. You're out to reject the mainstream on principal, and completely buy into any sufficiently absurd unconventional belief for the simple fact that it is absurd and unconventional.

When you see a magician do you believe they are doing real magic because you saw it with your own eyes?

Have you ever bothered to read why the scientists believe the things that they do about the world? It actually makes a lot of sense. It turns out that in many cases the mainstream is actually on to something. I think that making the conscious decision to only accept unconventional beliefs has detremental consequences to one's ability to distinguish reality from fantasy.

How, exactly, do you know that Nibiru exists?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Don't ask me to draw a sketch of Nibiru either. Some are already trying this little move. I'm not going to put the TRUTH on paper so you can have me arrested like Zecharia Sitchin

We won't ask you to draw a sketch, Zeus. I'd be happy with a photo of what you claim to have seen.

This evening, even though it was somewhat cloudy on the horizon, I looked for a green flash photo. No dice. You know what was also no dice? A planetary body anywhere near the sun. There is simply nothing there, not even under extreme (72X) optical zoom.

I look forward to your TRUTH. I pursue the truth, wherever it takes me, even if opposed to my own beliefs. There has been nothing there for the past four years. I'm inclined to believe it will continue to be so, particularly in light of people who claim to have personally witnessed a planetary body next to the sun.

Shall we duel with photos? Mine will have evidence of being taken outdoors, not behind glass. Your call.

Regarding the OP, I believe that Jupiter lacks the mass to become a sun. They WERE great movies. Kubric really brought out the form and meaning of Arthur Clarke's books. I miss Arthur. He was of a mind far and away and apart from our present view.

[edit on 27/3/10 by argentus]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm not going to let this thread that someone else started get derailed because of me. I'm not about that.

So, here is what I'm going to do. I will go back and erase what I have said previously.

After all, it doesn't really matter when it comes down to it.

Op, I will be sure to check out this movie. Sounds very interesting.

Thank you for recommending it.

~ Zeus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join