It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troop Deaths Double in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

apnews.myway.com

The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan has roughly doubled in the first three months of 2010 compared to the same period last year as Washington has added tens of thousands of additional soldiers to reverse the Taliban's momentum.

Those deaths have been accompanied by a dramatic spike in the number of wounded, with injuries more than tripling in the first two months of the year and trending in the same direction based on the latest available data for March.

The increase in casualties was partly driven by the higher number of troops in Afghanistan in 2010. American troops rose
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thanks to President Barack Hussein Obama, winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize for NOTHING.

I don't want to hear anything about George Bush's War, okay? It's time to man-up and ACCEPT that last year's Nobel Peace Prize winner has DOUBLED the American death toll in Afghanistan in less than a year.

If you can't see by now who and what Barack Hussein is, then you're just closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledge. The guy is a con-man and a liar who is more than unfit to be a world leader — he's positively dangerous to America.

— Doc Velocity

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/27/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
First, this has been and is still a war. Numbers are bound to fluctuate depending on many factors.

Second, the explanation for the increase is located on the bottom half of your source. Furthermore, it doesn't help our military when the other side is not wearing a uniform.

Are you blaming Obama because he hasn't removed our troops from Afghanistan?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is impossible.... We would be seeing this in the NEWS daily, and getting pictures of coffins and massive anti-war rallies and members of the press and politicians talking about the failed policies and that troops don't have the proper equipment.... Oh wait, I forgot, the Dems are in charge now... we don't hear about it anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Nice attempt at whoring a headline and thread title, Doc.

While I hold no party affiliation whatsoever, even the Quoted excerpt in the opening post negates, or at least significantly nullifies, thie sensationalized thread/title.

compared to the same period last year

... would seem a Far cry from ...

... but, Have at it, as you will...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Are you blaming Obama because he hasn't removed our troops from Afghanistan?

I blame Obama for saying one thing during his campaign — that his administration would REACH OUT to our enemies in the Middle East, opening the door to negotiation — and then taking the exact opposite action, escalating the fighting.

No, Afghanistan is not a "war" — it was never a declared war. American action in Afghanistan was supposed to be a surgical strike to disempower the Taliban, which was (and IS) lending aid and shelter to international terrorists such as Al Qaeda.

It was Obama's administration that voluntarily abandoned the term "War on Terror" shortly after he took office. The premise was to "undue" the damage done to America's global reputation under the Bush administration.

To that end, the Nobel Prize committee even cooperated in awarding Obama the highly coveted Peace Prize FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER except to lend Obama some undeserved credibility as a "peacemaker" in the Middle East.

So, what have we seen Obama DO so far in the Middle East?

Well, he's pretty much the laughingstock of Iran, he's turned his back on Israel in the most public fashion possible, and he's escalated militarily operations in Afghanistan, resulting in DOUBLE the number of American deaths there in less than a year.

In short, Obama doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground in matters of foreign policy, he's MAKING THINGS WORSE in the Middle East, and America is going to pay the price, as Osama bin Laden announced just a couple of days ago.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Nice attempt at whoring a headline and thread title, Doc.

"Whoring"? I used the exact headline included with the story, used exact excerpts from the AP story, provided the exact link.

How is that "whoring" in your book? Oh, I see, it's the TRUTH, which you cannot accept — therefore, "whoring," right?

Grow up.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nah! He got the Nobel Peace Prize! This is NOT possible and likely some kind of sick republican political stunt!

How come I have days when I feel like I'm the only one that knows this whole thing is a farce???

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Apparently Someone read no further than the first line or so...

The quoted portion of the OP alone negates both the title and inference(s) made since.

What part of compared to the same period last year equates to US Troop Deaths Double in Afghanistan ... with regards the actualities of said comparisons

[edit on 27-3-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No, Afghanistan is not a "war" — it was never a declared war. American action in Afghanistan was supposed to be a surgical strike to disempower the Taliban, which was (and IS) lending aid and shelter to international terrorists such as Al Qaeda.

This is Congress area and was approved way before Obama took over.

It was Obama's administration that voluntarily abandoned the term "War on Terror" shortly after he took office. The premise was to "undue" the damage done to America's global reputation under the Bush administration.

Don't all Presidents hang a sign notifying everyone that the WH is under new management?

To that end, the Nobel Prize committee even cooperated in awarding Obama the highly coveted Peace Prize FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER except to lend Obama some undeserved credibility as a "peacemaker" in the Middle East.

Did the Peace Prize really mean that much in the first place? Furthermore, it doesn't lend credibility. Action lends credibility.

So, what have we seen Obama DO so far in the Middle East?

How did we get from deaths double in Afghanistan to the middle east?

Personally I think you should have just opened an Obama thread and filed your complaints.

Nothing personal. I am not an Obama fan, but I think you are using the tragedy of our troops to get at Obama.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Apparently Someone read no further than the first line or so...

The story says what it says. I didn't fabricate the headline nor any part of the story. The story is that American troop deaths are DOUBLE what they were at this time last year.

I know you Obamatons out there don't want it to be true, but you can take your wants in one hand and defecate in your other hand and see which one fills up fastest.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
“Obama this, Obama that … ”

Obama’s nothing more than a second-rate actor.

The reason why American kids continue to get wasted in Iraq and Afghanistan has much more to do with dual-allegiance and Obama’s acting coach, than Obama himself.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by seasoul]

new topics

top topics

join