It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun got me high today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It's been Winter for a long time. For the first time today in 5 months the Sun was out in all of its glory in my area. I stepped outside and was instantly in awe at the power of our magnificent Sun. Not a cloud in the sky. I decided to take a stroll downtown, and on my way there, as the sun continued to touch my skin for the first time in many months, I couldn't help but get a big smile on my face.

All I could do was grin my ass off while shouting my joy to our beautiful Sun over and over. I took a look around and damn, there were a lot of people on the streets. I saw extremely white guys with their shirts off. I saw cute college girls jogging in groups. Everyone I passed I said, "Look at this magnificent day!" and everyone agreed with me wholeheartedly and smiled back.

I continued this walk downtown to a store. I was still beaming as the cashier helped me. I just kept talking about how gorgeous the day was, and how happy I was, and I put a smile on her face. She said "I love enthusiastic people!" I spread my love of the Sun and the joy it gave me with every single human I saw today.

I now know why our ancestors worshiped the Sun. It provides us with light, warmth, energy, and all kinds of other beneficial effects for humans. It overall just makes us feel great and alive. The Sun had a big part in creating all living organisms on this planet after all, along with Mother Earth. I feel so special to have been able to experience this day today. It is much needed in these times.

Oh wow, I just remembered its freaking Earth Day! How awesome is that? Sweet. Is anyone else having just a fantastic day? I feel so good right now. The Sun filled me with so much energy. I love that I have the chance to be alive and experience this great and exciting time. There is still love, hope, and positive energy in the world.

edit to add: okay, I guess it isn't technically Earth Day today. Turns out I was just looking at this other thread which proposed today we have an "Earth Hour." I got the two confused. Well hell, nothing wrong with celebrating Earth every chance we get!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I absolutely love the Sun and love sitting out in it. Gives me a sense of renewal. I feel refreshed, relaxed and much more happy. Luckily I live in a city here in the states that gets on average sun 300 days out of the year.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
im im england and i cant wait for summer its creeping in slowly, i always want to get out of bed early when its sunny! weird huh?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yeah same feeling here in London, except once your starting to enjoy it, all of the sudden the sky is covered with clouds again, and the sky and everyone beneath it appears pale and grey, it's a depressing feeling, these constant grey skies.

A bright blue sky sunny morning is like heaven when it happens here. Hoping for a great summer!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Spend 30 minutes in the sun here in Oz and you'll bake your noodle!

Too bad all the nuclear weapons detonated by every SOB blew a hole in Australia's ozone dome!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

I now know why our ancestors worshiped the Sun. It provides us with light, warmth, energy, and all kinds of other beneficial effects for humans. It overall just makes us feel great and alive. The Sun had a big part in creating all living organisms on this planet after all, along with Mother Earth. I feel so special to have been able to experience this day today. It is much needed in these times.

Speak for yourself. The sunlight makes me feel sick. I can't wait until winter rolls around again. I love gray skies and cold weather.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous

Speak for yourself. The sunlight makes me feel sick. I can't wait until winter rolls around again. I love gray skies and cold weather.

I am sorry to hear that. The thing is, I grew up all my life in a place where it is always sunny. I am currently on a transfer program, and that is why I am in a new area. When I felt my old buddy the Sun today, it reminded me of my homeland, and that is why it felt doubly great.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey what is this Earth day you speak of? Because i have had a really good day today which is pretty unusual for me

Not much sun tho

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its a shame in 2 days the UK is about to see *possibly* the last snowfall of the Winter again. Its no surprise that a Arctic airmass is coming down, as some of the Spring buds aren't quite ready to bloom yet. almost waiting for that first 20'c once this final cold snap comes and goes this week.

But so far here in the UK spring has been relatively dry, a good sign for a nice Summer to come into May-September.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Yeah I see how too much sun can be annoying too.

But remember the sunlight helps stop depression.

It's why here in the winter more people kill themselves, and are more depressed, because of the lack of sunlight.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Good for you for feeling energy from simple pleasures. I, too, have been missing the sun, even though it represents making my work hotter and harder.

Today was sunny here too, for the first time in a long while. I was mixing and pouring concrete, and it was hot, but pleasing somehow. I drank 3 gallons of water today. I feel energized. I hope it's hot and sunny tomorrow too.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodenameDoeB
Hey what is this Earth day you speak of?

ah. turns out today isn't Earth day. I made a small edit at the bottom of my OP. check that out.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

im im england and i cant wait for summer its creeping in slowly, i always want to get out of bed early when its sunny! weird huh?

Not so weird. Perhaps your body knows it craves VitaminD*. I have to think also, that it's almost an absorption of energies, in addition to the *sorta-kinda hormones that we call Vitamin D.

I loved England and Scotland when I was there. I DID miss bright, burning sun. Every place has its own beauty.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
no thanx you can keep that sun all to your self im photosensative and to much sunlight makes me ill. give me a dark and cold day and im happy.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't mind 100F or 0F it's all good to me. I like the sunshine that's for sure, but here in FL the sun will bake you like a thanksgiving turkey! I have tried frying an egg on my front porch and it worked last june.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yup.
The sun is good.
If you want to get to know it better, you could try looking at it.
He wont hurt you if you dont tell lies.

new topics

top topics

join