It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare reform, hostility, whats next? (Poll Kindof)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think it is important to note that since the healthcare bill was passed using reconciliation in the Senate it cannot be used again this year. (According to House Rules) Republicans right now are very upset and are probably going to force any bills that go through to completely be partisan. There are still a few big issues that Obama has stated that he wanted to tackle and he probably will have to tackle them before the midterm elections. Here are the issues.

1. Financial Reform. Both sides are for some measures regarding this issue to prevent another collapse as we saw a couple of years ago. Though as McCain stated this week that the Democrats probably would do well not to ask anything of the Republicans right now.

2. Cap and Trade. The bill was passed last year in the Congress but is still floating around in the Senate. Republicans are really against this though it is possible to find some support from some really center ones.

3. Immigration. Obama had promised to tackle this in his first year and failed to do so. With the elections nearing he risks alienating the Latino vote if he doesn't deliver. It is very urgent for him if he wants there votes in '12 as it is likely there will be no sort of amnesty granted if the house and senate dems lose enough members.

These are the big issues right now regarding this president. Any of these bills will probably have to be passed this year as the midterm elections are sure to be big for the Republicans. So what do you think will get passed next if anything? If there is anything I am missing as far as needed by this president please do not hesitate to tell me and I will try to edit to add it in. Thanks for reading.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think that of all those you listed Immigration will be the hot button topic. Its something americans from both sides feel strongly about. I mean this is a serious problem and illegal migration is costing this country in the billions a year apparently. The question is what to do about the current 12 million illegals, and what to do to strengthen the borders. I like the idea of taking troops from afghanistan along with possibly a fence because I agree it is an issue costing this nation. I think its unfair to those who are trying their best to achieve citizenship here through legal means that we just allow those to get through in for free.

As for the current 12 million, I may agree with the idea of many of them being charged a fine and then allowed to go through legal means to citizenship.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Provided that the fires are extinguished and debris cleared in time,
I think the next issue up is Financial Reform -

I suspect the Dems will let the GOP do the same with healthcare
The GOP will have to watch themselves though, in this climate they could
go too "far" with their pre-cognitions and run the risk of appearing to be pro big business.
The party better hope FOX is "measured. FOX will be the primary tactician in the battle. All invested run the risk of alienating people they have won over with their common sense, small government, no spending, values and track record!

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I actually believe myself that this is what needs done the most but sadly there are too many different ways to do it and from what I understand there is no "right" way.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

What is funny though, what is giving the Federal Reserve more power for regulation really? Giving power to a Private bank to control all the other banks, plus the NEW consumer protection component, is doing exactly what? Giving more power to business. Plus being the exact source of all the problems of the economy.

OP, First they are going to sneak through the Financial. Then they are going to sneak through the Cap and Tax. Then they are going to FORCE down our throats the immigration amnesty.

It does not matter what the Repubs do. They are the same as the Dems. The whole 15 month ordeal was for our amusement. Got to make it look like they are on separate teams. Watch for JUST enough help by Repubs to get everything done.

The final machinations are being put in place.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

plus the NEW consumer protection component, is doing exactly what? Giving more power to business.

How is that END???

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There is this new consumer protection thingamabob. I have not had a chance to watch any of the CSPAN on it. It was initially going to be a whole new agency but then they were talking about rolling it into the new Federal Reserve powers.

I don't know. I do not trust these cats with anything. With the health care fiasco, hell, they might have it already all sewn up.

Have not had a chance to look into any of the new bills being submitted.

Just some snippets I caught on CSPAN 2 or 3. Cannot remember which.

It may be time for me to quit watching the government and just invest in some KY jelly stock.

I know that stock is going to be on the upswing.

Also, with my thoughts on Cap and Tax or the EPA regs, I bet stock in any of Gore's companies or other carbon credit scam stock, should be going up soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

There is this new consumer protection thingamabob. I have not had a chance to watch any of the CSPAN on it. It was initially going to be a whole new agency but then they were talking about rolling it into the new Federal Reserve powers.

I don't know. I do not trust these cats with anything. With the health care fiasco, hell, they might have it already all sewn up.

Have not had a chance to look into any of the new bills being submitted.

Just some snippets I caught on CSPAN 2 or 3. Cannot remember which.

It may be time for me to quit watching the government and just invest in some KY jelly stock.

I know that stock is going to be on the upswing.

Also, with my thoughts on Cap and Tax or the EPA regs, I bet stock in any of Gore's companies or other carbon credit scam stock, should be going up soon.

KY

Rolling it into the FED sucks

I will look into it

new topics

top topics

join