It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DR Congo rebel massacre of hundreds is uncovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

DR Congo rebel massacre of hundreds is uncovered

news.bbc.co.uk

Evidence of the massacre of at least 321 people in Democratic Republic of Congo has been uncovered by the BBC.

The killings took place last December but have not previously been reported.

Fighters from the notorious Lord's Resistance Army raided several villages in a remote part of north-eastern DR Congo, killing and abducting children.

Human Rights Watch says this is one of the worst massacres carried out by the LRA, whose fighters roam across several countries after spreading from Uganda.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is incredible. In today's world we still only find out about massacres months after they happen. This is incredible.

What really strikes me is how it's not an intelligence service, a government, nor a military discovery; it's a news agency's. Also what strikes me is the number of people killed which has not really been reported. Yet we know about Hollywood's next marriage and how their 3 children from 4 other marriages are...

Also, I find curious how this will be played out in the media since the group committing these atrocities are Christian extremists. Will they be called terrorists too? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/3/27 by Magnum007]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Magnum,
Joseph Kony is NO Christian. He has been labeled this by himself and labeled his movement as such. For someone who portends to want a government based on 'The Ten Commandments", he falls pretty short of understanding what those are or what they mean. The Acholi children he has terrorized into becoming his slave army are victims. They are drugged, force marched till they drop, fed little, and are forced to take part in killing other children that don't measure up to this criminal B**tard's standards!
Kony's group, the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) and the two others in that region, the RCD (Rally for Congolese Democracy) and ALIR (Army for the Liberation of Rwanda) have made this area unfit for anyone to survive. They are overseen by thugs and are despots looking to cash in on the suffering!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Magnum,
Joseph Kony is NO Christian. He has been labeled this by himself and labeled his movement as such. For someone who portends to want a government based on 'The Ten Commandments", he falls pretty short of understanding what those are or what they mean. The Acholi children he has terrorized into becoming his slave army are victims. They are drugged, force marched till they drop, fed little, and are forced to take part in killing other children that don't measure up to this criminal B**tard's standards!
Kony's group, the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) and the two others in that region, the RCD (Rally for Congolese Democracy) and ALIR (Army for the Liberation of Rwanda) have made this area unfit for anyone to survive. They are overseen by thugs and are despots looking to cash in on the suffering!

Zindo

I know very little about Kony but I will attempt to make a parallel with what is happening in the world today.

Kony is to Christianism what Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban are to Islam; extremists . In my original post I was pondering the question on whether this incident will trigger hatred or disdain against Christians as Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban triggered against Islam.

I am well aware of fake, self proclaimed religious people who know nothing about the religion they so adamantly declare being a part of. I was just asking whether this will also taint the Christian faith, or if there is something protecting this faith compared to the others ("god" aside thank you).

My main concern though with this story is the under reporting of the event, the number of people killed and the lack of interest in this part of the world. Are these people not the same as the people in America, Canada, Israel, Afghanistan... Why were Iraqis "freed fro tyranny", Afghans "freed from religious extremes" , why aren't the massacred people of Sudan, Uganda, & als being saved FROM ACTUAL DEATH??????

Stupid question I'm sure, but it still makes no sense to me...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is a very good comparison amigo. I believe the reason you're not hearing this particular massacre is because it's all part of the Rwandan/Somalia/Uganda war that has been raging for many years. The MSM is kinda vague on what purports to be news from that area any more. Even during the initial genocides in Rwanda itself, it was pretty much ignored. Oh, you heard about food being hijacked or aid agencies loosing personnel but the plight of the people only got response when the right kind of pictures could be shown. The real shame is that should peace ever be allowed to happen in that part of the Continent, it will take scores of years to heal! It was so pretty and so vast! Breaks my heart!

Zindo

[edit on 3/27/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is exactly what I was referring to in one of my Posts in another thread..

It's all right for the US to go and Hang Saddam Hussein and his Cronies for his actions against Humanity. The US goes and free's a whole Country on the premise that it's freeing Iraqi's and the WORLD from Saddams "Reign of Evil".

When it comes to others that are probably Worse than Saddam, The US couldn't give 2 hoots.

It's getting pathetic the way other Countries allow this "#" to happen to Innocent Women and Children, not to mention the Men.

The LRA need to be wiped off the Face of the Planet as well as Mugabi, Lil' Kim from Korea, and a whole host of Other Violent Regimes.

I guess the LRA Don't have any Oil that's worth the US and other allies getting.

If people don't think the US Government and Allies knew about this Massacre, You're wrong. They would have known about as soon as it happened, Yet, Did nothing about it.

Even the UN couldn't give a damn. Now that it's in the Mainstream knows, Watch how easy it get's explained away.

It all makes me sick. Innocent people can't even live in PEACE in some little corner of their world.. It's Pathetic.

If I had a heap of money, I would get a few people together and go and WIPE these A'Holes off the planet. No-one would miss 'em. In fact, I'd be Making the world a safer place to live.

Mugabi? I'd love to go after him.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

IF you want to complain about what's not being done. Try the UN amigo. They are the ones who told the US to stay OUT of Africa and refuses to do anything but rape and pillage the places they allow UN troops. Africa is their problem and every time the US brings up the problems of that area of Africa they are shot down by procedural problems. The real problem is the incursion by China and Russia and what they are doing.

Zindo

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Where is the outrage?

We can produce sympathy for other countries, nations, peoples.

These most indigenous people should be protected, and yet we let them be ravaged by some Christian group?

If they were Panda bears being herded and killed we would hear some outrage, but we have become numb, callous and have learned to expect this sort of behavior of people when "civilization" moves in.

It is reprehensible. A great tragedy.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
America does not care because they are in Africa. They have never cared and will never care because most americans are racists.

A huge problem that i have with our gov is the fact that they don't help out Africa. There are horrible crimes happening and every other f'in civilized country just turns their head because there is nothing in Africa to gain for helping them.

African's are dying of aids? SEND THE POPE! Tell them to not use condoms!

African's don't have clean water? WHO CARES

Wake up people. Be human and care for other peoples lives.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I know. It is criminal if you ask me, and I have nothing against Israel except that we have our political noses stuck firmly up their a s s.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think this is rather timely given the raids on "Christian Militia" groups in Michigan and Ohio this weekend...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I think this is rather timely given the raids on "Christian Militia" groups in Michigan and Ohio this weekend...

actually great coincidence... lol great timing is always something I strive for... lol

On topic : We will have to wait and see for the details about the militias being raided and what exactly will come out in court... Maybe it was just a way for the gvt to save face?

Magnum

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
This is exactly what I was referring to in one of my Posts in another thread..

It's all right for the US to go and Hang Saddam Hussein and his Cronies for his actions against Humanity. The US goes and free's a whole Country on the premise that it's freeing Iraqi's and the WORLD from Saddams "Reign of Evil".

When it comes to others that are probably Worse than Saddam, The US couldn't give 2 hoots.

It's getting pathetic the way other Countries allow this "#" to happen to Innocent Women and Children, not to mention the Men.

The LRA need to be wiped off the Face of the Planet as well as Mugabi, Lil' Kim from Korea, and a whole host of Other Violent Regimes.

I guess the LRA Don't have any Oil that's worth the US and other allies getting.

If people don't think the US Government and Allies knew about this Massacre, You're wrong. They would have known about as soon as it happened, Yet, Did nothing about it.

Even the UN couldn't give a damn. Now that it's in the Mainstream knows, Watch how easy it get's explained away.

It all makes me sick. Innocent people can't even live in PEACE in some little corner of their world.. It's Pathetic.

If I had a heap of money, I would get a few people together and go and WIPE these A'Holes off the planet. No-one would miss 'em. In fact, I'd be Making the world a safer place to live.

Mugabi? I'd love to go after him.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Damian-007]

add me to that list to sort people out.
its ashame how many people who want to rid the evil people of the world cant do anything.

top topics

join