It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birth of Janet Airlines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Burbank to Groom airline

I got this document from the CIA archives in Collage Park Maryland. Technically it doesn't refer to Janet since the name of the airline hasn't be constant over the years, but the idea is the same. The empty boxes are what the CIA redacted.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
S & F to you. Great find for sure. With the mention of the U2 plane and describing that they needed to get workers to it without raising suspicion, I'd say you found what looks like the very paper that indicates JANET's conception.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Hi Mikelee,

And not only the U2 but the paper heading also mentions Oxcart (the A12) which nicely links to the Blackbird.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
S & F.

It talks about one of the planes crashing, anyone find any more info on that? The only stuff I can find is this:

17 November 1955 Crash

Mikey

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Hi Mikey84,

Try,

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Black Projects
Project Aquatone
Seeking the Dirty Bird

Sorry i can't give you a direct link

Peace!

[edit on 28-3-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

here it is with fewer words blacked out.

From the Book : The CIA and the U-2 program 1954-1974, Volume 3

[edit on 28/3/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Hi,
Apologies - gave you link to U2 crash, this is all I could find on the Janet crash

www.planecrashinfo.com... and

aviation-safety.net...

Peace!

edited to add second link

[edit on 28-3-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Thanks. I thought I read that document on line, but couldn't find it. I should point out that the word "secret" needs to be crossed out when you print documents from the CREST system. That is, cross out by hand. I have a thousand pages of CIA documents and had to cross out secret on top and bottom before leaving the library.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
knpr audio regarding crash

There is a book regarding the crash. [Hard to believe they could do a whole book on a crash.] I included a link to the audio done on KNPR.

I have tried a few times to reach the crash site on Mt. Charleston. The problem is weather. Every time I've tried the hike, the base sends a lightning storm to stop me. Of course, I make it to the 11kft level before they send the storm. Mt. Charleston has snow on it much of the year, and by the time the snow is gone, it is lightning season.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The following articles have more info on the crash:

www.reviewjournal.com...
www.lasvegassun.com...
www.newspaperarchive.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Does anyone have coordinates for the crash site? Or any other info useful in actually finding it in person or in aerial photography? I've been searching for a while now and have found nothing other than somewhere on or near Mt. Charleston.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
On 17 November, a C-54M transporting AQUATONE project personnel from Burbank to Watertown crashed near the top of Mt. Charleston, about 20 miles west of Las Vegas. Nine civilians and five military personnel were killed. There were no survivors.

The accident was front-page news for several days in Las Vegas and Los Angeles. Officials told reporters that the plane was destined for the airfield at Indian Springs, but the commanding officer at Indian Springs told Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter Dennis Schiek that the C-54 was not expected there. Schieck speculated that it might have been heading to “Groom Lake, a top secret base…some 115 miles northwest” of Las Vegas. “Spokesmen at the secret base confirmed the plane was missing, but said no further information could be given,” Schieck added. Another article, two days later, stated unequivocally that the C-54 was “bound for the super-secret ‘proving grounds within the proving grounds’ – Groom Dry Lake.”

Three weeks later, members of the 4602nd Air Intelligence Service Squadron conducted what they described as a “training exercise” at the crash site. A four-man team, commanded by Lt. William M. Connor, spent three days on the rugged, snow-covered mountain. Although the mission was officially a mock rescue exercise for training purposes, it was more likely an attempt to recover classified material from the crash site.

In December, the Air Force completed the accident investigation. The unclassified report confirmed that the C-54 was “on a scheduled transport mission” to “Watertown Airstrip in the Nevada Proving Ground area.” The report noted that in accordance with standard operating procedure, the aircraft and crew were “under the operational control of the Commander, Watertown Airstrip.” Of all the numerous reports, statements, and supporting documents, only the Rescue Mission Report was classified SECRET.

In the wake of the accident, Lockheed purchased a C-47D and F-27 aircraft to transport company personnel to Watertown but photos taken at Groom Lake in 1957 show that Military Air Transport Service C-54 aircraft were still being used, as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hi!
I am just dropping by to post this link: planecrashinfo

Maybe it will be of some use to someone.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So I've seen 20 miles W of Las Vegas, 27 miles NW of Las Vegas, and 30 miles WNW of Las Vegas. Wow, that's one heck of a disparity. So people really have no idea where this this is, huh?

Obviously some people do if they have made hikes up to the crash site. It must be on a map somewhere or something. I guess I'll keep searching.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I just tracked a (Possible) Janet fleet Beachcraft B-200C to Tonopah Test Range ICAO:KTNX. crazy

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Youhaveacat
reply to post by gariac

I just tracked a (Possible) Janet fleet Beachcraft B-200C to Tonopah Test Range ICAO:KTNX. crazy

If you did, they didn't file a flight plan. The last one that did landed Friday night.

new topics

top topics

join