It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we wake up in a different/alternate universe every morning?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Is it possible that we wake up in a different (but probably not different enough for us to notice) universe each morning? Supposedly, sleeping could be a place where a person takes "a break" from this realm. So, assuming from that, is it plausible that we can choose to what universe to return to and experience (assuming parallel universes theory is true)?

Thanks.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hahaha , I Wish!!!

But sadly this Universe I woke up to today, seems to be the same crappy one I was in yesterday.

You know, the one with Bill Collectors, Taxes, and Gov't?

Yeah, thats the one. The stench is unmistakable.

I wish that I woke up in a new universe tomorrow, where I wake up to having my bills paid.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
WOW, are you serious I was just talking to one of my buddies about that very thing, like literally less than an hour ago. I was thinking, if there were infinite universes, and if we are just energy, and we really do not know what dreaming really is, we have theory’s but that is pretty much it. So I started to wonder if everything has to do with observation in this universe who can’t say that "I" or "we” go to a different universe? If we did it would a parallel universe 99.99999999999999999% similar to our universe. But we would never know. Good thread S&F

But I still think it is doubtful as if we could go to other universes while dreaming we would be consciously aware of it. So I doubt it.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Reading half this forum, I wonder whether I wake up in a different/alternative universe every time I log on to the internet.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What I found in my journey is that since the cells in our bodies are constantly being shed and replaced, The physical body you are today constantly re materializes . Since our mind is unaware of this constant transplant activity, it has to mean that we are only our minds, and not our bodies. perhaps?

The mind lives in only the Now since it can only transmit and receive energies that are happening in the now. Our physical minds, access this energy only from our memories. So our subconscious mind's will react faster (instantaneously), then our conscience mind. That's the difference of the infinite speed of thought compared to the speed of light. Light is the fastest you can travel without leaving your 3rd dimensional body.

So since you are your mind, and the mind can only exist in the now, this means that the path of your life is within the power of your mind, since it's the only thing that truly exists.

The power of the mind is infinite and thus is not restricted to the speed of light within our 3rd dimensional reality,

So with by practicing this belief (that's the key to it working), you can control time itself and what comes into your world.

The worlds of other people will be what they expect, the world you see with your 5 senses (Not the television) will gradually appear to be heaven-like. You will have taken your leap towards the 4th dimension. Where the 3rd dimensional universe is yours to love and care for.

So it's important that mankind know that they should not participate in other people's negative expectations of their worlds. It will turn yours for the worse as well.

Stop living the guilt and pity of the suffering of others, and start loving what is right in front of your body. You will have the answers to all of the questions you ever had.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

The philosopher Adam Krug (who was invented by Valdimir Nabokov) got there first, with something even more radical;
"Theoretically there is no absolute proof that one's awakening in the morning (the finding oneself once again in the saddle of one's personality) is not really a quite unprecedented event, a perfectly original birth".
[from Bend Sinister, by Nabokov, beginning of section 6]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, so when people sleep, you think they will sleep at same time? Or how should we could see other people on earth, if they are in another universe? Or wouldent it change anything?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think you'd like the movie "Dark City".
It's based around a "City" inhabited by humans, which is actually run by a dying alien race, who are studying the humans reactions to different scenarios, by re-organising or "tuning" the lives and surroundings of the humans every night.
I think their plan was to discover how our soul or life-force works, so that they could harvest it to enable their own kind to survive.
All of the humans in the storyline "wake-up" to a different city each day, some have different jobs, partners, houses etc. But no-one, bar the hero, knows that it's even happening. It's a cool movie.
...and not unlike the premise of the OP?

G

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Well, so when people sleep, you think they will sleep at same time? Or how should we could see other people on earth, if they are in another universe? Or wouldent it change anything?

Good questions.
To be honest, I do not know.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

S&F, thanks for bringing up the subject, it is definitely one to think about.

We may be able to visit other parallel universes in another form, even maybe while sleeping, but I truly doubt there is any possibility of waking up in a different one.

Trust me though, if it were possible, I would be the first to notice - I have so much going on in my life that I would notice something being off. If a good hand were to be dealt to me I'd know I'm in another universe, that's how bad mine is

But really, like another poster said, we are just energy - however that energy is contained in many different ways. Gravity contains us, it hold us together... now our consciousness is energy as well but it is completely different in that aspect. For our consciousness to move to another universe it would not necessarily have to bring along our physical body now would it? Who is to say that it would? Why wouldn't our spiritual/astral body just go to these other universes or dimensions? I think that is more plausible if you are going to talk about switching to another universe/dimension.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
We might constantly shift between alternative universes, however i doubt that sleeping/waking up - which is as simple biological thing as breathing - has any part in it. If it happens - it happens constantly. I mean - randomly. I mean... Ehhh.. Well ,you get what i mean.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Time ago I had a VERY strange dream...

I was driving a truck with a nuke, so I stop, get down of the truck, and start talking with an old friend of mine. I show him the nuke, and then he start touching some buttons on the nuke, I said DON'T TOUCH THAT ONE! but was too late... I start running away cause the nuke was going to explode, so I ran and ran, the nuke exploded and I found an ambulance, I briefly explain what happened and they drove me to a strange well with a even more strange men, who was briefed again about what was happened, and...

-Oh god! You must be hurry or you'll die! This is a special well, you can select a parallel universe to go and don't die because radioactive poisoning!

-Ok, be hurry... What would you recommend me?

-Well... This one is almost exactly as you universe but Lost (the tv show) is more about Jack and Kate

-That's okay, let's go! (no, it's not ok, I hate Jack and Kate but I was desperate so...)

The next day I woke up with a strange metal taste in the mouth and my teeth hurting a little. And guess what? The next Lost episode was about Jack and Kate! That was weird.

I'm not saying anything, but that topic remind me the dream I had.

Excuse my spelling ^^'

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Is it possible that we wake up in a different (but probably not different enough for us to notice) universe each morning? Supposedly, sleeping could be a place where a person takes "a break" from this realm. So, assuming from that, is it plausible that we can choose to what universe to return to and experience (assuming parallel universes theory is true)?

No isn't possible. Our body is in the 3th dimension. Period. You sleep and when you wake up, the things in your life and around, are EXACTLY of the same way they were before. I mean, your job is THAT job, not a job in an "alternative dimension". The same about your home, your parents, your wife... There is NO "supposedly" here. Stop with these fantasies. When you fall in sleep, your soul, spirit, consciousness life energy or whatever you call your astral body, can travel to another dimensions or move back/forward in the time. Advanced Yoga practitioners can do awaken astral travels, but their bodies are still in the 3th dimension. That's our reality, where we live.
If you persist in believe we are living each day in "alternative realities" you WILL go crazy. Literally.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I don't believe that when we wake up were IN a different multiverse/universe, as to those who don't sleep their perception is that the person who wakes up is still the same individual.

But as the Human Brain uses something like only 30% of its capacity, I don't buy into the notion that we only dream of out perception of the world around us, as its medically known that babies and blind people have perceptional dreams about alternate places (when they've never even visualised this world.)

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's crazy!

I was just thinking this exact same thing last night. Like when you go to sleep, you go somewhere new. And when you wake up in the world you originally slept in, you go back to that world. Which is why you rarely remember dreams.

I don't know, no idea really, it's just crazy how I had that same exact thought last night.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

every damn day I wake up to sand, rocks, sandbags and other rediculous things. If there is an alternate universe, count me in as the first explorer.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Awaken astral travels
Got any links to articles talking about this? That seems impossible to me.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

But as the Human Brain uses something like only 30% of its capacity, I don't buy into the notion that we only dream of out perception of the world around us, as its medically known that babies and blind people have perceptional dreams about alternate places (when they've never even visualised this world.)

Mind and brain are distinct things. One depends on the other, but they are distinct things. The brain is part of the physic body, the mind is part of the ASTRAL BODY. The one that achieve experiences in the space/time while we are sleeping. The astral body can travel back/forward in time, travel to another dimensions or just to other places. The astral body can meet with astral body of OTHER people that we never met before, or we met in another past life. The astral body can have experiences, interact with things and creatures in another dimensions.
Interesting is that the ancient Hindu had the concept of the "Anthakarana string" that's a metaphysical strap that keeps the astral body connected to the physical body, while we are sleeping, otherwise we just would die. Sometimes the experiences the astral body is living in other dimensions are transmitted to physical body through Anthakarana. For instance: If you meet a woman in another dimension/time and have sex with her, that sensation can trigger an orgasm/ejaculation in your physical body. If you have a fight with someone in another dimension and your astral body suffers an attack, you can wake up with death sensations, amazing fear and horror... There are many things we don't know about our mind... According to Gnostic texts we have only 3%, not 30% or our consciousness, awaken.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Some lecture good for start to know these phenomenas:

Astral travel - Benefit and dangers

Astral travel - general vision

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Having pondered on this many times, and discussed it here with the family, we all agree that yes, we could do exactly that. Science agrees that there are many dimensions of time/space and the true figure of dimensions is unknown. More and more each day we come closer to the truth, don't we? Waking up from the Matrix. Glory be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join