It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

WWII era plane wreckage found on Ore coast; remains may exist-pics/video

page: 1

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
Article: WHEELER, Ore. - In a heavily wooded area somewhere near this small coastal town, a piece of World War II history was found scattered in dozens of pieces - hidden for more than 60 years - and unknown until last week. According to local officials and the U.S. Navy, the find is a Curtiss SB2C Helldiver, the Navy’s primary attack and bombing plane during World War II. Even more intriguing, is that it may also contain remains of the two crew members.

Then updated later: Source:

Clue emerges in WWII plane wreckage mystery

PORTLAND, Ore. - A date stamped on the wreckage of a World War II-era plane that was found deep in the woods near Wheeler, Ore. last week could help investigators determine when it crashed and who may have been on board.

Update Source:

A very interesting find indeed. Amazes me. Like whatever was told to the family, how the family must feel-anyone alive etc? It seems to me the documentation was not to particular or detailed then.

A shame that there are several missing planes to pick from as to who this one was.

Great pics/some video (didn't work for me). At least an end to a story somewhere, to someone (I hope).

new topics