It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation on the time loop....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Sir Valiant.....god that has a hell of a ring to it!!!

Horny Vikings
think it's best you do steer clear from that one

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Gosh, nearly forgot one, i'd also like to be a Venetian in the 16th century....Venetian maquerades here I come!!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Intriguing concept (non-linear reincarnation). If time is just a massive loop, why are we so biased towards the last 7,000 or even perhaps 700,000 years? Couldn't we reincarnate to any point in Earth's 4 billion years (at least) of life baring existence? Seems to me the likelihood of reincarnating as a human being is very unlikely? Or is reincarnation somehow 'species biased'?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

Gosh, nearly forgot one, i'd also like to be a Venetian in the 16th century....Venetian maquerades here I come!!!!

I fancy the 20s and 30s

Could just see myself as a gangsters moll...oh and I LOVE art-deco n stuff !!
Yep, the Roaring 20s is defo on my reincarnation wish list.....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

I really don't know on the " species biased " question ??

My mindset at the moment is that nothing is actually real, that its quite possible that we are part of a programme or that we maybe create what we perceive as "reality"
In which case, we would most likely stay in the human form as we perceive it to be top of the natural order, and it's what we're familiar with.

So with rebirth, maybe we can reincarnate into a time we desire, just by a strong belief, a strong mindset, that that is what happens ???

Believe me, there really is something to this mindset thing !!
I will do a thread on it, with back-up evidence sometime this summer....

Thanx for your input btw

[edit on 30-3-2010 by uk today]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I believe in being reincarnated etc and have often thought about it when someone says "I'd love to have been born in the **'s" etc.

It also makes me wonder that people that say they experience visions / prophecies etc e.g in the dark ages being burnt as witches for seeing "big metal birds in the sky carrying people".

I think that people are sometimes born in the wrong time period, those that yearn to go back should have been born then but maybe a trade was made and people are swapped about for a reason.

In other words I think some people are born into the wrong time period but for what reason and sometimes with memories from previous or future lifetimes only to be branded a Witch, Doomsday Prophet etc

I have a fondness for the 60's even though I was born in 1970 and I don't relate for much after 1985 least of all the 90's and what today as to offer, is that a sign of the society we live in, the lack of morals and ethics or part of me that belongs somewhere else ?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

Quite a few people I know seem to have been placed into the wrong time period, one in particular, although very young, is an old soul that was born in completely the wrong period in time !!

I still believe though that maybe we have to experience "life" right round the time loop ??
We just never know where we'll end up next ??

The loop is unending and we never die as such, IMHO I think we just keep goin round and round, I mean time is infinite and I honestly believe if that is the case, then we are also infinite

So you will experience the 60s baby........

Far out or what !!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I've just been pondering the word 'reincarnation' itself..
Like how it's a brilliant concept, re- again, in- in, carn(um)- flesh..
Literally, given flesh again..

The soul, or rather the mind is eternal..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Mmmm, interesting " given flesh again " ??

Hope to hell I don't get acne as a 12 yr old again !!!

Oh, luckily it went at 13.....

Hey Hughbear

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I never had bad acne, just a little

Aaaw now you've got me reminiscing about being a teenager again.. Goddamn, what a weird time that was!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Weird but wonderful......Aaaaaw to be 17 again !!

Well guess I will be over n over n over again on the loop...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

We all will baby, good times!

Never ever to learn from past mistakes, well, until karmic repurcussion steps in, but we've gotta notice of course!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Bring on the karma baby.....

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yaaaaay! Instant karma is what I like! Good karma that is

I've got a feeling though that being forced to take fergusdog out in this coldness is maybe a little karmic ripple for a past life indiscretion!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If it was me, I'd be doomed to takin fergusdog out in a sub-zero ice storm wearing a bikini !!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yikes!!

But remember not to think in absolutes when it comes to karma, big or small acts have big or small actions

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My problem is I kinda don't think !!

Impulsive is my middle name baby :shk: :shk:

Maybe in the next life eh ??

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Maybe, Ms Blondie Impulsive Uk..

And yeah, sometimes, thinking can be overrated, follow your heart, not your head.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was watching spartacus earlier and I thought how amazing it would be to experience the Roman period!

I know they were not the nicest folk that ever lived but there's just something so tempting about it! and the sick person in me would love to see some Gladiator games

I would ofcourse have to be a person of power being fed grapes by beautiful women whilst laying on my back and downing the wine!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Was'nt Spartacus crucified ??

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join