It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation on the time loop....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yep, time for another trippy thread

Now, it seems to me that most people who believe in Reincarnation, myself being a firm believer, believe that they will be reborn into the future time loop....but what if you are reborn onto any time on the loop???

You could die in 2012 for example but could be reborn in 1940 !!
You would'nt know any different, you would have no memories of the future life you lived previously and 1940 would be the present even though it technically is the past....

Mind trip or what !!

So maybe we are all reincarnated into any random decade, both past, present and future ???

I would love to experience the 20s, 30s and 40s, especially the 40s where life was so unmaterialistic and community spirit was abundant, especially in the war years.
Even with the rationing and devastation I just bet people were much happier in a way ??

So any thoughts on this peeps ??
Or am I just like totally trippy n craaaazy eh ??

Mmmm, please don't answer that last bit !!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Allo!

Yes you are trippy and craaazy, but it adds something to your theory there!
I like your concept of the 'time loop' like how it's a continuous cycle, (maybe why clocks are round y'know?)

But yeah if that's the case then if reincarnation is a real occurance, as I believe it is, then why would you not be placed anywhere on such a loop? Obviously you wouldn't be able to choose, the soul in limbo between bodies isn't a conscious thing, just an essence, but the possibility is amazing! Plonk me right back in the 40s, I could easily be a dashing Capt. Hughness anyday!

A shiny flag for ya!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

I'm convinced that is the case, that we are reborn maybe at random or by selection, anywhere on the loop...

Maybe we have to experience every decade, maybe it is part of our spiritual growth ??

Maybe as well, we experience it all from both a rich and poor angle, a lucky and unlucky angle etc ??

Or maybe we are sent back into our current incarnation time to rectify mistakes we've made ??

Yep, this is rather trippy but it feels like it could well be a possibility

Aaaw, thankx for the reply n flag baby xx

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So any thoughts on this peeps ??
Or am I just like totally trippy n craaaazy eh ??

Well umm yes.... but i agree with you

I kinda had the same thought a while ago about the idea of when we die, we are reincarnated to another life but who says we go forward in time type of thing.

Anyway i definitely think that is reincarnation is true then we wouldn't always neccesarily follow the calendar so to speak.

2nd Flag

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Maybe as well, we experience it all from both a rich and poor angle, a lucky and unlucky angle etc ??

This bit, i'm not so sure about.. Your life next time around is determined by the way you've lived this time around.. So if you're consistently bad, you'll have a hard life, consistently good, you'll have a rich and full life! But there are like 'clauses' too, say you experience life terribly, you suffer in that life, but that suffering brings you closer to the good, so you'd be up a step on the ladder kind of.. And you can also neutralise your bad karma too, so it isn't quite so bad

It's all very mad n weird, but hey, it's a great food for thought thread you've got here! Shame it isn't in ATS, you'd be raking in the stars!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hughbear I'm soooo goin to have a bad next life !!
OMG....Aaaaargh !!

Pleeeease let me live forever in this one....

OMG, they might send me back to Victorian times, as a street urchin beggin for scraps of food and freezin to death !!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No wait! Time is nonexistent.. It's just a construct of the delusional human experience, which has no meaning in th space between, so, the 'time' in which you are placed is merely a construct by yourself!

....maybe...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Hughbear I'm soooo goin to have a bad next life !!
OMG....Aaaaargh !!

Pleeeease let me live forever in this one....

OMG, they might send me back to Victorian times, as a street urchin beggin for scraps of food and freezin to death !!

Sssh nooo, I can't vouch for any of your previous.. Indescretions... But it's sooo obvious to me and many others on here that your goodness shines right on through!

So I dunno what you may be alluding to, but I'm sure it's neutralised by all your kindness, goodwill, and sunny attitude you bring here!
It's all good karma in the bank baby!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well I need to get my bank balance up baby !!

I think I'm probably in the Karma overdrawn zone at the mo

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Mmmm ??
Now why is everyone in agreement on the trippy n craaaazy thing ??

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Don't worry, I heard once from George Carlin:

From (I think) "AM and FM" (1971):

"Timothy Leary's brother, Really Leary, today announced the formation of a new religion which teaches that when you die, your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo."

Or, as another possibility, as in the River World series by Philip Jose Farmer, you end up somewhere re-enbodied along with just about every one else who ever lived in some construct world controlled by someone who pulled it all off with advanced technology.

Just a couple of possibilities brought to mind by your use of phrase, "they might send me ..." They!
-----------
And then I heard the laughter from the other two beings who existed, "Oh, that was good." one said, "which one of us should go next?" The other said, "Well, I was supposed to go next, but wait, wait, I just had a funny thought, what if we put him back into the same routine?" "Oh, yeah, yeah, then he wouldn't know if this is the dream or the other is." "Yeah, let's do it, ha ha." So of course, to this day, I don't know which is the dream, and which the reality. Some joke huh?
-------------
But to the original idea, I have noticed that some writers write excellent Historical Fiction and others, astounding Futuristic Fiction. Where have they been, what have they seen?

en.wikipedia.org...
Transmigration of the soul (sometimes given simply as Transmigration) is similar and foreign in some ways to the philosophy of reincarnation. The idea of transmigration of the soul comes from the ancient Greeks.[citation needed] In transmigration after death, the soul, or shade, drinks from the river Lethe and loses all past memories of their previous life while in Hades, or underworld, and then moves (or transmigrates) into another human form and is reborn. It was thought the soul had been, and always would be, eternal, having no beginning or end.

What if the shade faked drinking the water from Lethe? That would be a funny trick. Unfortunately, shades by nature, don't have the capacity to remember in the way we understand memory. The river of Lethe is merely a symbol. Well, what can you do?

[edit on 28-3-2010 by pthena]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Nice idea!!!

Well I would like to have the 50s experince in america as a teen.....Grease style

I would love the medievil period! probably be a knight, ya know
that would be the coolest.

Would also like to be a Druid a Viking and a wealthy Victorian living in Yorkshire!

That'll do for now

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Now when you become that wealthy victorian living in Yorkshire, don't forget to look me up baby yeah ??

Oh and remember to come rescue me Sir Valiant in that incarnation.....

Unfortunately we probably won't cross paths in the 50s, well not if I have a choice anyway, cos the 60s sound soooo much more fun !!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

Would also like to be a Druid a Viking and a wealthy Victorian living in Yorkshire!

Yes! Definitely echo you on the Viking bit there! I can feel it in my blood, calling me!!

Oooh and a druid? Like back in Britain BC, when everything was forest and untouched... Wooow...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here's a couple of Zen stories for you guys to ponder upon..

Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912), received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor’s cup full, and then kept on pouring.

The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

"Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

....and....

One day a young Buddhist on his journey home came to the banks of a wide river. Staring hopelessly at the great obstacle in front of him, he pondered for hours on just how to cross such a wide barrier. Just as he was about to give up his pursuit to continue his journey he saw a great teacher on the other side of the river. The young Buddhist yells over to the teacher, "Oh wise one, can you tell me how to get to the other side of this river"?

The teacher ponders for a moment looks up and down the river and yells back, "My son, you are on the other side".

...See the meaning and you'll come a long way..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Mmmm, this is rather deep !!

Need to think about this one

Hughbear my brain hurts.....
Ouch....

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Good aren't they?

Zen always has a way of making you think, but the simplicity of its nature belies the simplicity of the solution, there's something very humbling about that I think.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I won't forget, I shall come galloping on my dashing white horse across the yorkshire moor's, hair waving in the wind!

Never mind, the Victorian experience should be enough to last 10 lifetimes!!!

Haha me too I swear! something about that Viking lifestyle that calls out to you!

The Druid one always fascinated me! would be cool as you get.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Oh Sir Valiant, I will hold you to that baby !!

But I'll pass on the Viking thing cos those viking horns could be rather dangerous !!
Mmmm, I know they probably did'nt really have helmets with horns on, but a gal has to be prepared for a worst case scenario !!

Yep, horny vikings could be a problemo !!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Haha what an advantage that dude's got with a name like 'valiant'!

No contest.. :shk:

Especially for a reincarnated viking like myself!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join