It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we should ditch religion {TED video}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Makes people not think? Are you serious? How does a concept make anyone do anything? People will be as people are.
And incidentally, a quote from a "religious figure" that run contrary to your assertion:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Siddhārtha Gautama *Buddha*

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by bringthelight

How would you know if the aliens are lying or just sharing their belief, not the fact, like people do? Why would they be any more in the position to know?

I was kidding on the alien comment. I just dont see any other way that there would be a mass ditching of religion so to say, unless of course the head of the catholic church protects a serial child molester....

People are leaving the catholic church in droves, and they should. The vatican is one of the most hypocritical organizations in the world. They cam out with new mortal sins a few years ago and one of them was being exceedingly wealthy. If they sold off the art contained in the vatican they could feed the hungry for years to come. Makes me a little sick.

Again im not saying religious ideals aren't a good thing. Religion just tends to distort them.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join